Pchan1983

REVIEW: 80024 The Legendary Flower Fruit Mountain

Here is my review on latest Monkie Kid set 80024 The Legendary Flower Fruit Mountain.  It started to appearing in local stores already =)

THE GOOD:

• Look absolutely stunning.  Great display piece.
  • Excellent minifigures.
  • Some very interesting builds like the bridge and pathway to the top of the mountain.
  • I like how the water fall opens.
  • Surprisingly amount of depth and space to place minifigures.

THE NOT SO GOOD:

• The clear stickers are a challenge to align properly on a reflective piece.  
  • The apple tree is too heavy to keep it upright.

Overall, I love this set.  It is a very good looking set either with all parts combined or even each part individually.  The quality of the minifigures are excellent too.  The build itself is not difficult but there are a lot of small details incorporated into this.  It may lack play features but as an adult collector, I prefer great looking sets and play features really are secondary.  I also like the amount of references to the Monky King origin in this desing.  And it's great to see Lego decides to go with a lovely terrain build instead of Big-Mech or Vehicles.  The only down side is some of the stickers are very hard to apply, may be this is just me.  Also I believe the apple tree issues might just my piece connection not the best.  Other than that, I can't really find any fault in this.  Yes it is an expensive set but I'm satisfied with the end results.  It's also great to see this wave now available at local specialty stores as well as lego store, which means more likely to get a discount later =) Anyway, I recommend this set to everyone even you are not a fan of Monkie Kid.

Great review! Really diggin it!

But when you write "local stores", do you mean lego stores or is it available otherwise?

I'm not really up to date regarding the Monkie Kid line and its sets, so seeing this strikes me as a surprise. What an interesting concept for a set! I love the overall feeling of this, with the mountain tops peaking through the white clouds, the exotic trees, the variety of monkeys. So neat and rather unique, I think.

3 hours ago, neithan said:

But when you write "local stores", do you mean lego stores or is it available otherwise?

In Asia and Oceania it will be available in 'normal' stores while it's going to be a Lego exclusive in Germany, unfortunately.

Thanks for the review! This is definitely the best Monkie Kid set so far!

17 hours ago, neithan said:

Great review! Really diggin it!

Thanks, yes local stores means local toy stores in Asia/Oceania region.

15 hours ago, Khorne said:

I'm not really up to date regarding the Monkie Kid line and its sets, so seeing this strikes me as a surprise. What an interesting concept for a set! I love the overall feeling of this, with the mountain tops peaking through the white clouds, the exotic trees, the variety of monkeys. So neat and rather unique, I think.

yup this kind of back to the roots of the story inspired Monkie Kid which I dig :)

12 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Thanks for the review! This is definitely the best Monkie Kid set so far!

thanks. This and the monkey king mech are really great sets.

On 3/4/2021 at 1:36 AM, Megbricks said:

Excellent review! Thanks you for that. Now I definitely have to buy it. :)

Do it, probably buy 5 to make a massive mountain =)

On 3/14/2021 at 12:01 AM, Megbricks said:

Hahha a 2k mountain

Yes, great way to use those gold colour parts you bought from B&P too =)

2 hours ago, Pchan1983 said:

Yes, great way to use those gold colour parts you bought from B&P too =)

Yeah but sadly I don’t have a lot of those...;)