Captain Surlecoup, as an Olean privateer, made his first appearance in the Westface, while the RNTC was carrying out a mission in Terraversa. OL's mission in Westface had to solicit the captain's help after having detained by the local authority, despite their prior efforts in rescueing shipwrecked TVsans. The whole thing turned out to be a trap set by the lawless TV militia, and without the intervention of a more reasonable mind, war between OL and TV could have taken place years before.

Then, our relentless captain has proved his competence and savoir-faire during the Lotus incident, delivering precious information about the motivation behind that sudden incursion of Lotii in El Oleonda, and in the subsequent sea battle, he, with his samourai friends, captured a Lotii warjunk.

It's in recognition of his devotion to the Crown that this frigate was specially designed and built for him. In line with the latest advancement in OL's naval architecture, this ship has the particularity of offering more room for the crew, allowing them to better adapt to a prolonged journey on sea.

2bqUG.jpg

2bajM.jpg

To be licensed as a class 6 ship.

OOC: I beat my record on shipbuilding with these two ships, as my family and I endured another turn of knock down due to the virus where I live, which gave me a lot of building time, but the down side is the delivery service was down too, so I had to work with the existing bricks.

This frigate was built after a model of French frigate that I found on the net, it's labeled as "a privateer frigate" and has the particularity of having an enclosed weather deck, or some sort of extended poop deck, not commonly seen on other frigates I think.

Nice and detailed ship. Depending on the angle of view, I can see a white skull on the side of the stern. Good illusion.

40 minutes ago, NOD said:

Nice and detailed ship. Depending on the angle of view, I can see a white skull on the side of the stern. Good illusion.

Thanks, I can what you meant by white skull, but I've say that it's supposed to be a window.:pir-grin:

Amazing vessel you built here! I love her shape and how you built her (and thechniques you used). 
great job!

Beautiful ship! I love the shaping and the color scheme you chose. The helm sitting below the deck is an interesting and intriguing concept. I didn't know they made ships like that. Do you have a link to your reference? I'd love to a real life version of this.

3 hours ago, Maxim I said:

Amazing vessel you built here! I love her shape and how you built her (and thechniques you used). 
great job!

Thank you Maxim! And nice to see you again.

3 hours ago, Khorne said:

Beautiful ship! I love the shaping and the color scheme you chose. The helm sitting below the deck is an interesting and intriguing concept. I didn't know they made ships like that. Do you have a link to your reference? I'd love to a real life version of this.

Thank you Khorne. Here's the link to that model ship, there's no helm visible on the deck, so I assumed that it's placed under the poop deck.

Excellent Frigate mate !

The hull is greatly rendered with enough curve and that rigging is the cherry on the top !

Funny I have a similar one incoming myself, but without blue colours... :pir-grin:

Great job !

Nice build Bodi, You really have a good technique for making ships look good to scale, and she turned out quite nice. Excellent job with the sails and rigging as well! 

Why haven't I commented on this already? It's terrific, from the sails, to the beautiful stern, curves, and photography. Oh and also:

frontpaged.png

5 hours ago, Count Vroskri said:

Why haven't I commented on this already? It's terrific, from the sails, to the beautiful stern, curves, and photography. Oh and also:

frontpaged.png

Glad you like it, Count. Thank you for the frontpaging!:pir-huzzah2:

Very impressive! The sides look very smooth, but very sturdy too - and this is one beast I wouldn't want to cross in the open seas! :pirate:

Great looks and feeling on your ship, only not so fan of the ready build sections of the hull and use minifigs for a not correct scale of the ship for minifigs. :wink:

The stand alone ship model is a beauty to look at:wub:

Great ship to see, someday I also want to build an old VOC ship in the scale 1:40 which corresponds to the minifigure. 

Do you make the sails by your own? Is it made from cotton or something?

On 3/8/2021 at 5:56 AM, brimbolet said:

A very elegant vessel, that deserves to be in the spotlight!

Thank you, glad you like it.

On 3/10/2021 at 3:51 AM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Gorgeous ship! :pir-wub:

I would like to be able to build something so classic and so elegant! :pir-huzzah2:

Thank you for the comment!:pir-huzzah1:

On 3/10/2021 at 4:57 AM, Alexandrina said:

Very impressive! The sides look very smooth, but very sturdy too - and this is one beast I wouldn't want to cross in the open seas! :pirate:

Thank you! I used hinges plates to connect the sides, giving them a smoother tranisition between different sections.

On 3/10/2021 at 5:32 AM, Edwin Korstanje said:

Great looks and feeling on your ship, only not so fan of the ready build sections of the hull and use minifigs for a not correct scale of the ship for minifigs. :wink:

The stand alone ship model is a beauty to look at:wub:

Thanks, I think you have found the problem with these prefab hulls, if we want to have a realistic look, they don't fit with the minifigs, unless we are building smaller boats.

On 3/11/2021 at 2:28 AM, Jebbo said:

Great ship to see, someday I also want to build an old VOC ship in the scale 1:40 which corresponds to the minifigure. 

Do you make the sails by your own? Is it made from cotton or something?

I made them by my own, with fine canvas and a pair of scissors. 

Looking forward to your VOC ship!

On 3/11/2021 at 2:29 AM, caiman0637 said:

What a beauty. Whoever says LEGO is a toy, is wrong. 

Thank you!