Isaac Yaw

[MOC] Lego Technic Rolls-Royce Phantom 1:10 designed by Isaac Yaw

3xwF3VI7FAvHmr6LAbKiYidM7urcNvBRlI19u7oD

Lego Technic Rolls-Royce Phantom by Isaac Yaw

Instructions: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-67767/Isaacyaw/rolls-royce-phantom-110-by-isaac-yaw/#details

Full video: 

functions: 

-Fully independent suspension system
-Adjustable height suspension
-V12 engine with gearbox
-6-speed manual transmission
-working steering wheel and 'hand of God' steering system
-full black and yellow theme interior
-fully openable doors, hood, and trunk replicated from the original model
-hidden 'umbrella' in the door
dimensions:

length- 57.5 cm
width- 20.5 cm
height- 15.5 cm

Edited by Isaac Yaw

Thanks for sharing this massive piece of technic which somehow only consists of 2.5K parts!:thumbup:

It's instantly recognizable and you've managed to incorparate a nice range of functions - well done! The bodywork is too boxy though. The side is as flat as the country I live in and the overall bodywork is too clutered for my taste. Furthermore Rolls-Royce is all about luxuriousness and comfort so I was a bit disappointed to see that you've built the great wall of China inbetween the front seats in stead of a more faitfull replication of the interior.

Nonetheless, it's a great moc and I loved seeing a model of a car type which is not seen as frequent compared as other mocs.

1 minute ago, T Lego said:

and I loved seeing a model of a car type which is not seen as frequent compared as other mocs.

Agreed... as cool as super and hyper cars are.... we see a ton of them.  Nice to see something different.  Bold submission... great job.  

I also agree with T_Lego... a tad bit too boxy in the bodywork.  But like I said, nice submission all-around, and good to see something different.  

First of all: I love the height adjustable suspension. A massive luxury car like this looks 5x as cool when slammed on the ground :thumbup:

The front and rear look pretty nice as well, but the sides are too cluttered imo. 

I like the black and gray color combo, looks good, but the yellow interior just looks terrible, I really hate that. But that's just taste.

But what isn't taste is that a 11 studs wide center tunnel is not nice.

I respect that you did a 6 speed manual instead of the sequential gearboxes that are so common nowadays, but please, don't try to squeeze it in the center tunnel when there obviously isn't enough space.

I don't want to sound like an arrogant a**hole here but you can check out my Nissan Skyline GT-R MOC to see a different way of doing a 6-speed manual transmission with AWD.

Having all wheel drive is nice, but kind of incomplete without a center differential.

Overall a very nice creation, but with a good amount of unused potential. Thx for sharing.

18 hours ago, T Lego said:

Thanks for sharing this massive piece of technic which somehow only consists of 2.5K parts!:thumbup:

It's instantly recognizable and you've managed to incorparate a nice range of functions - well done! The bodywork is too boxy though. The side is as flat as the country I live in and the overall bodywork is too clutered for my taste. Furthermore Rolls-Royce is all about luxuriousness and comfort so I was a bit disappointed to see that you've built the great wall of China inbetween the front seats in stead of a more faitfull replication of the interior.

Nonetheless, it's a great moc and I loved seeing a model of a car type which is not seen as frequent compared as other mocs.

First of all, thank you so much for the compliments and kind words. I totally agree with you on some of the flaws or should I say 'things that didn't look that nice/accurate'. I would like to address one thing too! I have been playing, building MOCs, and experimenting with Lego Technic for years now but this is my very first big project/MOC to keep me going forward and get better at it! I will take down your comments to you know, making new friends who share the same hobby like you guys and yeah, getting better in the future. I have a lot more MOCs planned in the future and would love to see them getting better and better in every aspect!

A little backstory on your comments though, thank you so much for the words on the functions I have incorporated in this build. The sides were firstly tested and designed multiple times such as the curves and lines but after many testings, I still prefer the boxy design not because it is simple, but I have very limited parts and cannot afford to get more in the meantime as I am still a student. Other than that, the boxy design still matches the overall design and can easily be identified as a Rolls-Royce Phantom. Regarding the gearbox in the middle, I realized this issue that it took up a huge amount of space in the cabin after completing the chassis and it was too hard/complicated to shift the position of the gearbox to the back because of the height-adjustable suspension system which took up most of the space inside. Of course, I should have carefully worked and planned to prevent such flaws. I will take this as a mistake or should I say, a stepping stone to you know, keep learning, investing, and getting better at this hobby! Cheers once again!

Don't worry about it mate, I take constructive criticisms and do hope that you can keep following me and be eager to see my future creations! Trust me, things will get better!

18 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Agreed... as cool as super and hyper cars are.... we see a ton of them.  Nice to see something different.  Bold submission... great job.  

I also agree with T_Lego... a tad bit too boxy in the bodywork.  But like I said, nice submission all-around, and good to see something different.  

Thank you so much for the compliments! I totally appreciate it, sir! I totally agree with your statement too, seeing something different like these. I will keep making and posting such rarities or should I say 'something different', so keep an eye on those. Quick side note, if you enjoy other antique rarities, do check out my profile on Rebrickable to look at the other MOCs. 

Rebrickable: https://rebrickable.com/users/Isaac Yaw/mocs/

On the comment that you have agreed with T Lego's statement, I totally agree with it too! Do read my reply to T Lego to see the reasons.

Once again, thank you so much for the kind words! Cheers!

18 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

First of all: I love the height adjustable suspension. A massive luxury car like this looks 5x as cool when slammed on the ground :thumbup:

The front and rear look pretty nice as well, but the sides are too cluttered imo. 

I like the black and gray color combo, looks good, but the yellow interior just looks terrible, I really hate that. But that's just taste.

But what isn't taste is that a 11 studs wide center tunnel is not nice.

I respect that you did a 6 speed manual instead of the sequential gearboxes that are so common nowadays, but please, don't try to squeeze it in the center tunnel when there obviously isn't enough space.

I don't want to sound like an arrogant a**hole here but you can check out my Nissan Skyline GT-R MOC to see a different way of doing a 6-speed manual transmission with AWD.

Having all wheel drive is nice, but kind of incomplete without a center differential.

Overall a very nice creation, but with a good amount of unused potential. Thx for sharing.

Hi there!

Thank you so much for the compliments regarding the functions and the looks on this MOC! I somehow agree with your taste on the yellow interior too, but I, unfortunately, had to stay with yellow interior and black overall body color because of the very limited Lego parts I have for my MOCs. I am a student with Lego Technic creations as my side hobby, whilst having to save up money for my parts collection. That is why I had to struggle with very limited parts. Hope that you understand this statement/reason of mine. 

Regarding the gearbox/center tunnel, I totally agree with you and a bunch of others' comments on it. I tried to shift the position of the gearbox but had the height-adjustable system in the way which limited the placement of it. I have played with Lego since I was like 7, but I am still new to bigger MOCs like these. If you have seen my previous MOCs, they are mostly way smaller builds. Yes, this is a good headstart to the big boys (MOC) community! I will take these comments into consideration and will constantly invest in Lego Technic MOCs especially so that I can fund and expand my parts collection for bigger, better, and more bada** MOCs for the community and people who share the same hobby just like you! I would love to make friends and know all of you, creators better, to you know, share ideas, chat, have fun, and support one another! 

Yes! I have seen your latest MOC (Nissan Skyline GTR R32)! It is so awesome and looks so sick! I've checked out the manual transmission that you have incorporated in your MOC and it blew my mind how it can fit and work in such a way! Once again, thank you so much for the kind words and constructive criticisms. I will come back stronger and better with more crazy MOCs for you guys! Do check out my other creations too if you want to support me! Here's my Instagram handle if you want to....you know come drop a dm and make friends! Cheers!

@isaacs_lego_technic_creations

Edited by Isaac Yaw