Bodi

Terraversa Peace Talk

Recommended Posts

"What a desolated view." General Gabriel said to a lieutenant of the cavalry, while walking in the street of King's Port. "Let's hope we could find a way to prevent such fate falls on other Terraversan cities. Take this letter and make sure that Oldis receives it."

yvC2z8.jpg

A letter from his excellency Duc de Vele @Captain Genaro.

To Miro Oldis and the leaders of his forces,

In light of the current events in Kings Port I wish to discuss an honorable peace between your forces and those of the Empire of Oleon. Your forces have fought valiantly and with great honor, and we wish for the peace to reflect the honor and sacrifices made by all forces in this conflict.

Should the war continue we fear a devastating humanitarian crisis will erupt across the island. Pamu lacks the strong defenses found in Kings Port, and our fleet is capable of blockading the city while our forces siege it from the land. Further conflict will subject Pamu to a horrific bombardment, and without the fortifications of Kings Port the people will suffer needlessly. Those who survive the bombardment, in a city already burdened by the influx of soldiers and civilians from Kings Port, shall quickly be subject to horrific starvation and disease. Westface, also burdened with an influx of refugees, is dependent on Corrington for foodstuff, but it is clear from their recent actions Corrington is more concerned with imperial aggression than aiding your people. Furthermore, it is no secret that Corrington is openly aiding L’Olius, not the forces of Miro Oldis. Their continued support for this admiral, a man who has already demonstrated unchecked political ambition, could result in another civil war as L’Olius attempts to take control over the island.

Recognizing these facts, we hope you shall move quickly to accept our offer to join us in Kings Port to discuss a peaceful resolution to this conflict. 

On behalf of the Most Sacred Crown of Oleon,

Brigadier des Armées Charles Louis Gabriel

Commander of His Most Sacred Majesty's forces in Terraversa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To Brigadier des Armées Charles Louis Gabriel

Arhcduke Oldis has received your invitation and appreciates the acknowledgement of our people's efforts and sacrifices.

He shall confer with his advisors and inform you of his stance on such a conference.

On behalf of Archduke Oldis,

Ignacio Palma

Ayda del Campo to the Archduke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Corrington will not sit idle while Oleon plays for the big score, nor let Terraversa stand alone. Or will we?

50988973278_d8215daff7.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oldis gathered an eclectic group of advisors in his makeshift headquarters in Pamu. Emissaries from Eslandola and Prio, as well as members of the Terraversan noble council, huddled around a table to discuss the situation.

full_low-796x448.jpg

“I don’t trust the Oleanders,” declared Oldis. “They have us on the run. Why offer to stop now?”

“They have Kingsport, sir, but can they hold it?” replied Count Navarro. “They dominate the surrounding waters, but our Eslandian friends have reinforced us admirably.”

“The count makes a good point, your highness,” added General Rizzo. “If they attack us here, they risk losing Kingsport to an attack from elsewhere.”

“Yes, your eminence,” interjected Eslandian Admiral de Flynt. “Lady Condora here assures me that we have more fleets prepared to transport hundreds of troops for an assault.”

“Hmmm.” Oldis rubbed his chin. “All the more reason for us to counterstrike now.”

“But we need to at least engage them in talks, don’t we?” asked Navarro.

“Yes, but we shouldn’t delay our preparations. We must assume the talks are a ploy on their part, not sincere.” Everyone nodded in agreement.

Prio’s Commodore de Pernica shuffled his feet and cleared his throat. “Sir, if I may be so bold, it would also help to present Oleon with our strongest possible defense in these talks. And to this point I have not heard one word of your forces in Westface and assistance from Corrington.

“He has a point, sir,” added Navarro. “L’Olius holds Westface, and Corrington is said to be bringing in troops there.”

“Ach! Don’t talk to me of L’Olius!” barked Oldis. “He cowers in Westface while Kingsport falls! He’s probably working out a secret deal to replace me!” Oldis waved his arms madly. “L’Olius fancies himself the hero of our war of independence from Mardier for his naval exploits, but I commanded our troops in the decisive land battles! He seeks to tear me down!”

Everyone gave Oldis a little room before Lady Condora spoke. “My dear friend, you will give yourself a fit of apoplexy. You are the Archduke, and everyone knows this. Calm yourself.”

General Rizzo ventured to speak. “We need to show a united front. Even if L’Olius has his eyes on your throne, he is still a Terraversan. We must reach out to coordinate with him.”

“Reach out? I’d lose my hand!”

“Surely not!” remarked Lady Condora.

“Sir, if I may be so bold,” said Admiral de Flynt, “we can use the animosity between you and L’Olius to our advantage. Oleon knows of your enmity; they are likely counting on it. Show up at the peace conference with L’Olius at your side, and you turn upside-down their expectations.”

esl-735x446.jpg

Oldis’s eyes smoldered, but he did not say anything.

“Oleon knows they cannot beat the combined forces of Terraversa, Eslandola, and Corrington,” added Count Navarro.

"And Prio," added de Pernica.

“This is the best play," continued Navarro. "Show them that they have misjudged you, miscalculated everything.”

“Yes, yes,” Oldis said softly. Then his voice growing stronger, “I will show them. But L’Olius must know his place. He must be there at my side, but simply as my admiral, my council. He is not an equal. He cannot have a seat as my equal.”

“Sir, with your blessing, I will send a messenger to find L’Olius and summon him,” said the general.

“You have it,” replied Oldis, “but make sure he understands his place!”

And so a courier was dispatched to Westface in advance of the conference with Oleon.

---

OOC: To comment, go to the separate story/build thread here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The delegation from Corrington travels across Terraversa...

50995554643_23cc7467bb_c.jpg

 

... and arrives at Pamu

pamu-1_sm.jpg

 

Edited by evancelt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Corlander delegation has informed the town guards that they are seeking the representatives of Terraversa and Eslandola in Pamu for discussions on a potential joint war effort. They will be waiting at the main inn of the settlement.

@Capt Wolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tvletter.png

Oleon has sent a letter for diplomatic talks to bring peace to Terraversa.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

En route to Pamu.

Compared to the Corrie delegation, who had to cover the distance from Westface to Pamu, the voyage of the Olean delegation was much shorter. Even though, we can't say for sure that the Oleans would precede the Corries in this course for negotiation, as they had to travel in hostile lands.

Longing the coastal, the Duc of Vitoria and his guards met some refugees leaving King's Port for Pamu, foods were given and information exchanged, they were nearing Pamu.

6AspoF.jpg

Spoiler

6AsSdU.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2021 at 9:17 PM, KotZ said:

Oleon has sent a letter for diplomatic talks to bring peace to Terraversa

 

Archduke Oldis sat at the table and read the letter from Oleon’s representative. It was an absurd proposal, he thought, but after consulting with his advisors both foreign and domestic, the consensus was that it required a response. So, in his own hand, he wrote:

 

To Robert Perrault II, Duke of Vitoria, and those whom he represents in this conflict, including King Philip I of Oleon,

I concur that full-scale war is something we want to avoid. I personally led Terraversan troops in battle against Mardierian forces in the war that won our independence, so I’ve seen the horrors of war, but also know what the blood spilled means to those who still live.

I’m glad to hear that Brigadier des Armées Gabriel has come to understand that your invasion is futile and that we must end this at the negotiating table.

And I am in agreement with you that I would like to see your nephew and his colleagues safely back in Oleander territory.

Therefore, I propose the following solution:

1) An immediate ceasefire between all warring nations on the island of Terraversa. Furthermore, Oleon will not send any more troops to the island.

2) The distribution of territory in Terraversa shall revert to the status quo prior to your invasion. All settlements will revert to Terraversan control under my authority as Archduke.

3) Safe transport shall be assured for all Oleander troops and those sympathetic with their cause to Oleon territories beyond the borders of the island of Terraversa.

4) Once all has been restored to antebellum conditions, I shall authorize the town of Nola Mar to negotiate trade agreements in the same manner as Westface, as is my purview as Archduke of the sovereign nation of Terraversa.

5) Beyond the borders of Terravesa, Oleon’s conflict with Corrington is of no concern to me, and Terraversa will remain neutral in such a conflict if all above items are agreed to.

I hope you truly want to resolve this conflict relatively quickly and without bloodshed, as you say, because I cannot stand by and see the independence so many Terraversans fought and died for merely negotiated away to an ally of our previous oppressors. Know that, if this war continues, Oleon will know the furiousity with which Terraversans will defend their freedom.

Sincerely,

Miro Oldis, Archduke of Terraversa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Terraversan courier approached Oleander troops on the outskirts of Kings Port. He presented the following letter, to be delivered to the Duke of Vitoria:

 

To Robert Perrault, II, Duke of Vitoria

Archduke Oldis wishes to discuss positions for a potential peace treaty. However, the Archduke's personal guard has deemed it impossible to ensure the security of the Archduke and the remaining delegation in Kings Port. Hence, your lordships are invited to join negotiations 500 yards outside the range of the Pamu fortifications. The Archduke will be accompanied by the delegation and 12 guardsmen. Oleon is allowed the same contingent of guards, but no swords shall be drawn by the negotiation table.

On behalf of Archduke Oldis,

Ignacio Palma

Ayda del Campo to the Archduke

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Duc Perrault sent a letter back to Oldis.

Miro Oldis,

Thank you for taking the time to write back. I do think we will be more productive when we sit down in person, and I am pleased we agree on the immediate ceasefire as well as Terraversa's neutrality in the convfict between Oleon and Corrington. The safe conduct for all people is most welcome as well.

I must say I am saddened by your steadfast rejection of my initial offerings. While it is admirable you are clearly a patriot for your land and people, you are still a very young nation, whether you happen to be an Archduke or not. And let us be frank, your hold over all of Terraversa was tenuous at best. Loyalists would have given you trouble whether Oleon had arrived or not. While Oleon is not the greatest ally of Mardier, it's far better that we arrived rather than let the Loyalists connect with Mardier and give them an easier passage to the island and crush your nation before it has the chance to even walk.

That being said, you fought Mardier when it was in the middle of a twenty year long civil war. They did not have the resources to send o trounce your rebellion. Fighting Oleon is a whole different matter for you. Something none of us wants. We have no problem dragging this out with you if necessary, as our forces are fresher and more experienced than yours.

Returning to my original terms, we would not want to uproot people from their island home, and bring them to one of our settlements elsewhere in the region. A refugee crisis is not what anyone wants. Thus, I am adding an amendment to my proposal from earlier: we keep and trade settlements as necessary, but by doing so, Oleon promises to not allow Mardierian merchants, ships, or other possible influences in our controlled region of the island for a set amount of years. I propose two.

Or we could take things a different way: Oleon makes peace with L'Olius and grinds your army down more. That's not something you want. That's not something I want.

Anyway, I look forward to sitting down with you soon and continuing our discussion. Perhaps when all is said and done, we can share a bottle of fine wine as a celebration of reaching an understanding.

Sincerely,

Robert Perrault, II, Duc of Vitoria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somewhere in the vicinity of the town of Pamu, in a foggy morning, a few silhouettes appeared on the horizon, soon, another group of men showed themselves and the two parties came closer to each other slowly.

6wLm5R.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Bodi, @KotZ, @Capt Wolf

Having observed the somewhat awkward silence for a moment, the latent hostility almost palpable, Montoya took a step forward and bowed, first to Oldis, then to the Oleonese delegation. "Allow me to impose myself upon you all with a short introduction..." With a token pause as if awaiting approval from the dignitaries, he continued boldly, presenting first in full Oldis' group. "Archduke Miro Oldis of indisputable fame, hero of the *first* Terraversan War of Independence" he began, before in turn presenting advisor Count Navarro, army general Rizzo, Prio's Commodore de Pernica, Eslandian Admiral de Flynt, and Eslandian Lady Condora.

"As you may certainly have noticed, Grand Admiral L'Olius is not presently among us. He much regrets this absence, but as you may conceive, he is otherwise occupied in defending his homeland, and the trip to Pamu was not to be contemplated." Sending a discreet glance towards both the Oleonese and the Terraversan delegations, he quickly continued to preempt any outbursts. "Hence, I have been bestowed the great honour and duty to represent the Grand Admiral in these talks, although any agreement will be subject to his final approval. Additionally, I represent the Crown of Corrington, which stands with L'Olius throughout this conflict. In this, I am joined with the honourable Lord Spud and the brave Captain Brickleton, both knowledgeable in the military sphere."

Lord Spud and Captain Brickleton both bowed and murmured their agreement, and Spud then spoke, gruffly as ever: "Corrington did not want this conflict, and considers these incursions upon sovereign territory a transgression against the established order of international relations, the freedom of nations, and peace in the Brick Seas. While our entry into this war was caused by the attack on our squadron off Nola Mar, we shall stand with Terraversa till the end of this infamous war." Captain Brickleton then took over: "Corlander arms in Westface, and throughout the Brick Seas, Army and Naval, stand ready for offensive and defensive action, and I can assure you that if no agreement can be passed, we shall pursue our interest in full. L'Olius further bid us inform you, that in the unlikely event Terraversa should be lost, he is committed to pursue victory in cooperation with Corlander forces elsewhere until such a time that he can return."

Montoya turned his face from an approving sternness to more accommodating folds. "Allow me to emphasise that while Corrington and L'Olius stand ready to fight to the bitter end, our goal here is to achieve peace."

"And as such, Grand Admiral L'Olius, and in turn Corrington, desires the Oleonese delegation to present the terms of your offer of peace. It goes without saying that the Grand Admiral will never bow to Oleonese masters, and that his people, the brave Atwi, must not suffer a loss of rights nor freedom on this their native island."

Stepping back, the Corlander diplomat bowed his head to the delegations and awaited patiently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another awkward silence ensued. Eslandola’s Admiral de Flynt stepped up to break the silence.

“If I may presume to speak for Archduke Oldis …” de Flynt glanced at Oldis and received a nod of consent, “… he and his Eslandolan allies are prepared to listen to a genuine Oleonder proposal for peace. But, as the Archduke has not committed any offense against Oleon, I am instructed to inform the delegation that Eslandola is prepared to assist in the defense of his rights and of Terraversan sovereignty to the fullest extent possible.”

The admiral bowed and stepped back.

The tension in the room was palpable. What would the Oleon delegation propose?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Monsieur Montoya, I am pleased to make your acquaintance. While it is under these circumstances, I do think we shall make off just fine as we discuss terms.

"Let's be frank. We can not discuss terms while battles and wars ensue. While we discuss everything, let us have a ceasefire her on the island as well as elsewhere. If not, we will have a difficult time agreeing. I've stated my nation's terms earlier in my letter. What are yours?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bowing his head respectfully, Montoya replied courteously:

"Monsieur, it is my honour to make your acquaintance. With regards to ceasefire, I assure you no hostile action will be taken by Corlander nor L'Olius' forces during these talks."

"Nonetheless, I observe that we are at war and that my military countrymen will continue planning for this contingency. However, if by early April a treaty of peace between our nations has been signed, I have the means and authority to call off all offensive operations before they commence."

Montoya paused shortly and looked from one to another before carefully continuing. Someone had to take the first bite of this bitter apple, he thought to himself.

"As for terms for peace, we appear to be at a standstill. L'Olius has grudgingly conceded that should the people of Nola Mar agree, he will be willing to consider some form of self-governance for the settlement, under Oleonese protection..."

"However, the Grand Admiral and her Royal Corlander Majesty wishes to make it clear that any ambitions towards Westface and Eastern Terraversa are out of the question. In addition, the Atwi native to these lands must be ensured freedom to maintain their villages in the interior and be free to travel the island as they please."

" Likewise, Oleonese forces must depart Kings Port at once to allow Archduke Oldis to be immediately reinstated under his own rule. Any, and I emphasise *any*, future military action or build-up to threaten the agreements of this peace will be met with the fiercest response."

" To this, Corrington adds a number of minor requests related to ships interned under taxes due and similar, but I shall not bore you with the details. I will pass a list of requests to a clerk later.. . "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Archduke Oldis listened in silence, but with a gaze that could kill. Representatives from Corrington and Oleon were standing in front of him, carving up two-thirds of his island. At least Corrington was insisting on Kings Port returning to his control. L'Olius was wise to not get too greedy and throw Oldis a bone. But L'Olius would come out of this as leader of his own nation, and Oleon would be rewarded for their treachery. Oldis's gaze grew more intense.

Eslandola had been a true friend, sending troops as quickly as possible, but it had not been fast enough to hold Kings Port, or to force a better bargaining position. Even if Eslandola and Corrington teamed up to drive the bluecoats off the island, L'Olius would be in position to claim half the island. Their personal cold war was quickly coming to a conclusion. Oldis doubted Esalndola would want to get into a civil war on the island once Oleon was dispensed. Eslandola's grand ambassador, Roman Fontonajo of Nova Terreli, understood the proper role and responsibility of nobility to lead the masses, Oldis thought to himself, but Fontonajo's son-in-law, Eslandola's ambassador to Terraversa, was a native islander from Berelli, and sympathized with the Terraversan Atwi, who naturally looked to L'Olius. Yes, the politics are complicated.

And so, as other nations discussed what Oldis might be left with when all this was over, he bit his tongue and said nothing, lest he be left with nothing. But if he did not come out of this with Kings Port and the ability to rule even a smaller nation from his palace, he would cause as much trouble as possible, he thought to himself. Oldis's gaze could have burned a hole in a ship's hull. Hell hath no fury like a noble scorned ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2021 at 2:54 PM, Bregir said:

Bowing his head respectfully, Montoya replied courteously:

"Monsieur, it is my honour to make your acquaintance. With regards to ceasefire, I assure you no hostile action will be taken by Corlander nor L'Olius' forces during these talks."

"Nonetheless, I observe that we are at war and that my military countrymen will continue planning for this contingency. However, if by early April a treaty of peace between our nations has been signed, I have the means and authority to call off all offensive operations before they commence."

Montoya paused shortly and looked from one to another before carefully continuing. Someone had to take the first bite of this bitter apple, he thought to himself.

"As for terms for peace, we appear to be at a standstill. L'Olius has grudgingly conceded that should the people of Nola Mar agree, he will be willing to consider some form of self-governance for the settlement, under Oleonese protection..."

"However, the Grand Admiral and her Royal Corlander Majesty wishes to make it clear that any ambitions towards Westface and Eastern Terraversa are out of the question. In addition, the Atwi native to these lands must be ensured freedom to maintain their villages in the interior and be free to travel the island as they please."

" Likewise, Oleonese forces must depart Kings Port at once to allow Archduke Oldis to be immediately reinstated under his own rule. Any, and I emphasise *any*, future military action or build-up to threaten the agreements of this peace will be met with the fiercest response."

" To this, Corrington adds a number of minor requests related to ships interned under taxes due and similar, but I shall not bore you with the details. I will pass a list of requests to a clerk later.. . "

Duc Perrault bowed likewise. "While not pleased with you continuing preparations for raids, I understand as we are in hostile times. That being said, Oleander forces are prepared to defend and protect our lands. I do believe we'll be able to resolve this crisis soon."

Perrault heard the terms. "Let us go sit down somewhere. Standing around will do us no good. Lead the way."

Once they had sat down, Duc Robert Perrault pulled out some parchment, terms he had come with. "Now it seems my terms and requests are different from yours," he said with a small chuckle. "No matter, we will resolve this."

"For the cities, I agree it would be best to allow the political alliances of each region dictate with whom they ally. I have no qualm with that point, and we can discuss the details further, if you have no issue, Archduke. We have no issue with protecting Nola Mar, especially if hostilities between nations does not increase."

Perrault narrowed his eyes at the point about Westface and the east portion of the island. But he sighed. "That is fine with us. The first part of this request is sensible, and I would expect you would not have a build up either. But let's be clear here, if there is a build up, the results will not be pretty.

Furthermore, I do expect on both sides to have some defenses. We will be cooling off from a tense situation. But any incursion by forces into others' territories is completely forbidden. For the Atwi, while I do not want to come off rude, are you their representative? Let me be clear, I have no issue with this term, but I would like one of them to be here to make that point. Also, this may fall under building defenses, but I propose there be no arming of the Atwi. I understand trade of weapons for hunting, but using them as a proxy force should be considered an act of war."

"I would like to see those details regarding the taxes..."

On 3/22/2021 at 7:54 AM, Capt Wolf said:

Archduke Oldis listened in silence, but with a gaze that could kill. Representatives from Corrington and Oleon were standing in front of him, carving up two-thirds of his island. At least Corrington was insisting on Kings Port returning to his control. L'Olius was wise to not get too greedy and throw Oldis a bone. But L'Olius would come out of this as leader of his own nation, and Oleon would be rewarded for their treachery. Oldis's gaze grew more intense.

Eslandola had been a true friend, sending troops as quickly as possible, but it had not been fast enough to hold Kings Port, or to force a better bargaining position. Even if Eslandola and Corrington teamed up to drive the bluecoats off the island, L'Olius would be in position to claim half the island. Their personal cold war was quickly coming to a conclusion. Oldis doubted Esalndola would want to get into a civil war on the island once Oleon was dispensed. Eslandola's grand ambassador, Roman Fontonajo of Nova Terreli, understood the proper role and responsibility of nobility to lead the masses, Oldis thought to himself, but Fontonajo's son-in-law, Eslandola's ambassador to Terraversa, was a native islander from Berelli, and sympathized with the Terraversan Atwi, who naturally looked to L'Olius. Yes, the politics are complicated.

And so, as other nations discussed what Oldis might be left with when all this was over, he bit his tongue and said nothing, lest he be left with nothing. But if he did not come out of this with Kings Port and the ability to rule even a smaller nation from his palace, he would cause as much trouble as possible, he thought to himself. Oldis's gaze could have burned a hole in a ship's hull. Hell hath no fury like a noble scorned ...

"Archduke, you've been fairly silent. What say you?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oldis furrowed his brow and cleared his throat. "Am I to understand that the position just offered, allowing cities to choose their political alliances, that the Oleonese include Kings Port in their list of cities? And that when we talk of citizens choosing their own political alliances, we are talking of the original, in many cases displaced, citizens, not merely the current occupiers?"

@KotZ @Bregir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Oldis furrowed his brow and cleared his throat. "Am I to understand that the position just offered, allowing cities to choose their political alliances, that the Oleonese include Kings Port in their list of cities? And that when we talk of citizens choosing their own political alliances, we are talking of the original, in many cases displaced, citizens, not merely the current occupiers?"

@KotZ @Bregir

"Absolutely the displaced citizens should be able to find homes. Bear in mind it will take some time to track down all the exiled Mardieran citizens of Terraversa in order to ask them which nation they want to join or be protected by."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oldis let out a loud Hrmph! "You know that is not what I meant! I refer to citizens of Kings Port displaced by your attack. If you intend to interject Mardierians from across the Brick Seas into this discussion, you should be prepared for a long fight."

Oldis turned his back to Perrault and whispered into Count Navarro's ear, but not so softly that he could not be head by others, "I told you this would be a waste of time. They have no intention of negotiating in good faith. This is all a charade. They have no honor."

@KotZ @Bregir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2021 at 6:31 AM, Capt Wolf said:

Oldis let out a loud Hrmph! "You know that is not what I meant! I refer to citizens of Kings Port displaced by your attack. If you intend to interject Mardierians from across the Brick Seas into this discussion, you should be prepared for a long fight."

Oldis turned his back to Perrault and whispered into Count Navarro's ear, but not so softly that he could not be head by others, "I told you this would be a waste of time. They have no intention of negotiating in good faith. This is all a charade. They have no honor."

@KotZ @Bregir

"Please, nobody wants more fighting, Oldis. And I am not wanting to inject Mardierians from across the world here. Just the ones that were displaced on the island by this specific event. The past war is the past war. IT's over and the dead have been buried. We have this war we are dealing with, and the recent dead we need to bury, soldiers and civilians."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KotZ said:

"Please, nobody wants more fighting, Oldis. And I am not wanting to inject Mardierians from across the world here. Just the ones that were displaced on the island by this specific event. The past war is the past war. IT's over and the dead have been buried. We have this war we are dealing with, and the recent dead we need to bury, soldiers and civilians."

Oldis harrumphed softly. "Well then, that's more like it," he said.

His entourage of advisors and aides were astonished at his reserved response and relieved that he didn't find a way to complain more.

Oldis looked across at Montoya and wondered how the Corrish delegation would respond to the moment, the closest thing to a breakthrough the Archduke had noted so far.

@KotZ @Bregir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.