evancelt

[COR-TROOP] New Recruits in Wullham

Sergeant Allister allows the new recruits to take a short break after restocking cannon balls at their 8th battery at Fort Stockton. With each recruit carrying two cannon balls each, it only takes two trips to each battery to supply the necessary material. As new recruit Ewan MacReagie leans back against the battery wall, he figures only 16 more round trips to go before they break for lunch!

recruits-1.jpg

recruits-2.jpg

Troop raising build for Wullham

OOC: I wanted to do a first troop build at Fort Stockton and, since most of my normal green bricks are currently tied up in the Fort Stockton build itself, I tried out the sand green / dark orange color scheme. Threw in some light bley / medium lavender / aqua for fun!

Edited by evancelt

Love this, the cannonball drill (a British Empire military tradition/punishment) and of course that you featured Sergeant Allister!

The recruitment at cannon fortifications is good addition :pir-classic: to the fort.

Edited by NOD

Those white hats are pretty nice!  Where are they from? 

5 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

Those white hats are pretty nice!  Where are they from? 

Yeah they are fun! The hats and blunderbuss are from BrickWarriors. The hats can theoretically be painted, but I like them plain white. The hats come in black, brown, tan, and white. The gray torsos are from some jiestar (Chinese) sets, but you can get to the same outcome with stickers.

14 minutes ago, NOD said:

The recruitment at cannon fortifications is good annoyance to the fort.

Haha what's that mean? Did you mean to say "addition" perhaps?

43 minutes ago, Brickwolf said:

Love this, the cannonball drill (a British Empire military tradition/punishment) and of course that you featured Sergeant Allister!

Thanks! Yeah, wanted to feature the Sarge!

Edited by evancelt

55 minutes ago, Faladrin said:

Nice idea to have the artillery men in grey !

Those hats are great too !

Cool build !

Thanks! I was picturing the gray guys as new recruits to the 26th Foot! When they get past some basic training they could get the solemn red uniforms :)

Edited by evancelt

It's a nice depiction of an artillery emplacement, I like all the details reproduced there, and the grey torsos look good too.

7 hours ago, evancelt said:

jiestar (Chinese) sets

Sacrilege! :pir_laugh2: Interesting, I want these torsos too.

6 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

I love the grey it really adds to this ... What's the PN for the grey torsos?

I just did a Google search for them and I think you'd find them searching for 'jie star 20910'. Bought a few of those sets to stock up on the gray torsos! They come with goofy knight helmets/shields and tan heads/hands, so traded out everything except the torso and arms. Gave all of the knockoff bricks to my kids.

6 hours ago, CapOnBOBS said:

Great mix of colors to create your terrain

Thanks Cap!

Edited by evancelt

Great looking build Evan, and landscaping is excellent. I like the grey uniforms as well, and it's a solid build. :thumbup:

I missed this one! Personally, I'm not a big fan of those white hats, but man, those torsos! *oh2* I want those, too! What a great find. I've said it before, but there's definitely a market out there for Imperial torsos in different colors: grey, white, green, orange, ... That'd be so cool.

As always, the landscaping is top notch. While I get that the microphones they're holding are cannon balls, I always find it difficult to actually imagine these as cannon balls. They'll always somewhat stay mics to me. Still, it's a clever parts usage.