RocketBoy

[J8 - Reecee - FF] Bright LTC: Orbital Port Traffic - Mining Guild Fueling Platform

*Your entry has earned 6 XP*

800x618.jpg

The lucrative trade on Reecee is too valuable to let just anyone drift in. Rather than focus the spacefaring economy on the ground, where ships skimming the planet's spaceports to refuel might post a security risk, Reecee's Pirate Barons established a thriving port of amenities situated safely in orbit. Ships with no interest in joining the buying and selling taking place in the cities below are instead able to restock, refuel, and be on their way. You get all kinds in the Orbital Port.

Model 2400-053b Respite-class Refueling Platform
While primarily a refueling station, the Mining Guild platforms also host VIP lounges open to only the Guild's most privileged customers. Dozens of these spindly stations dot the orbital port.

640x504.jpg

Mining Guild EVO Worker
Most workers on Guild Platforms are Roustabouts or Roughnecks--general laborers who hop between contracts and systems who are lowest on the totem pole of authority. Above them are the welders and mechanics, 6 of whom alternate shifts on each platform so that someone is always on call. Engineers are employed by the guild directly, but would only come out to small platforms like this for specific checks and inspections. Operators and Overseers are the best-paid staff, highly sought-after positions that require dedication, education, or ruthlessness. 
Roustabouts most often find themselves suited up for EVO and clambering around on the outside of the station. It's dangerous, but fairly paid work.

NOTES

Spoiler

I thought I'd do these like the Planet sets, with a minifig for each one. More figbarfing!

Thanks for looking.

Edited by goatman461

A nice figbarf, I like the use of the yellow colour as it really aligns itself with the mining guild colours whilst sitting well within the LTC.
The presentation also reminds me of the figure/vehicle combo's you'd see with the planets sets.

And is that a 16x16 trans plate? I'm jealous of that!

Great figs all round. Nice details. Again, I wish that trans plate wasn't there. It would've been impressive if you could get it standing by itself. Of course if you can't, you can always shoot it upside down and then flip the shot. 

The platform is a bit meh, but WHOA that miner is epic! I get a Dead Space/Outland/Bioshock vibe from him which is crazy cool... 

3 hours ago, Darth Bjorn said:

The platform is a bit meh, but WHOA that miner is epic! I get a Dead Space/Outland/Bioshock vibe from him which is crazy cool... 

Love those comparisons so much. Yeah, finally a use for the yellow Naboo guard!