Norton74

[MOC] The Blue Cottage

The Blue Cottage 

My latest creation is a rural house that joins my series of weird houses I have built in the last two years ("Walden", Joe's Cottage, A-frame Cabin, Stilt Houses etc ..).
My goal was to build a cozy country house featuring three new elements: an uncommon color scheme, a shape that I hadn't used before and an unconventional doors/windows shape.
The main feature is probably the asymmetrical roof with a very sloping shape to the left. The woodshed is located under the excess roof.
The uncommon blue/black color combo is simple but effective, and the yellow trees in the background match well.
Last but not least the door and windows are round, a shape never seen on a cottage but quite common in Hobbit houses.
The host, who is coming home from a hunting trip, has a nice off-road vehicle painted with a color scheme matching with the cottage.
It was very funny building the "long sloping  roof" structure and trying to add a few weird details. I also played with the light to let the scene as deep as possible.

Hope you like it! 

50946160451_0b0d6c3650_b.jpg

IMG_4077_2500_sito.jpg

IMG_4074_2500.jpg

IMG_4087_2000.jpg

Holy sheet! You keep 'em coming! Incredible level of detail and realism. The pictures are saved in my reference folder and ready to be studied closely :wink:

19 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Absolutely amazing! (like always)

Thank you!

5 hours ago, Sarophas said:

Holy sheet! You keep 'em coming! Incredible level of detail and realism. The pictures are saved in my reference folder and ready to be studied closely :wink:

Thanks! Glad the pictures are saved in your reference folder :classic: Hope they could inspire you!

35 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

I love it! Could we see the interior?

Thanks! About the interior I've planned to buil it next week, stay tuned ;)

It is amazing house, with well-balanced colours overall. Loosely connected boards bring it alive.

I'd love to see you try something akin to Henry Hobson Richardson's villas t some point.

Fantastic!  I love the little details and choices you've made throughout.  Using a cookie and a waffle for log ends in the woodpile is interesting (the waffle might be a bit of a stretch, but the cookie definitely works!), the hammers used as stonework, bigfig pieces used in the landscape, so many interesting textures used without them being distracting - all great stuff.  :sweet:

21 hours ago, deraven said:

Fantastic!  I love the little details and choices you've made throughout.  Using a cookie and a waffle for log ends in the woodpile is interesting (the waffle might be a bit of a stretch, but the cookie definitely works!), the hammers used as stonework, bigfig pieces used in the landscape, so many interesting textures used without them being distracting - all great stuff.  :sweet:

Thank you very muck for your kind remarks, very appreciated! Glad you spotted all the details and textures :thumbup:

17 hours ago, daniel8 said:

Absolutely fantastic! I love it. :wub:

Thanks a bunch!!!

I think this blue cottage is my favourite in the series. I like the combination of bright blue, round windows and asymmetrical A shape cottage. And looking at the parts you used, you really have an amazing selection of old and new. I spotted a bright light yellow shelf-bar from Scala, I think. I wonder what the next cottage will look like.

14 hours ago, Redhead1982 said:

I think this blue cottage is my favourite in the series. I like the combination of bright blue, round windows and asymmetrical A shape cottage. And looking at the parts you used, you really have an amazing selection of old and new. I spotted a bright light yellow shelf-bar from Scala, I think. I wonder what the next cottage will look like.

Thank you very much @Redhead1982 for your kind words. You're right about the Scala bar :thumbup: very happy you spotted it! About the next cottage I'm looking for a new and odd shape to build something new, but it's not easy...
Here below a new close-up of the vehicle:

50996707267_dc3c9c40d5_b.jpg