Jim

[SURVEY] TLG Technic Team needs your input

This is your chance to share your thoughts!

The LEGO Technic team is looking to get your feedback on 11 questions through this survey. The survey should take approximately 5 minutes to complete and will be running for until March 7th. Please feel free to share with other LEGO Technic enthusiasts.

2 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

After a quick glance at the questionnaire, it feels more like a letter to Santa than a survey! :excited:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

So the milion dollar question is.....have you been naughty or nice?!

Well, I think I've been nice... but it's a moot point, as I'm currently stuck right at the first question: off the top of my head I can't think of any IPs that could benefit Technic instead of restricting its design/functionality.

But I will think of something eventually, as a Technic fan since 1988 (when I got my first Technic set) it is my sworn duty to fill this survey.

1.If you could choose, what 3 IPs/Brands would you like to have in the LEGO Technic portfolio?

Scania, Pistenbully, Miller Industries

2.What types of vehicles should we do more of in LEGO Technic (ex: boats, super cars, helicopters, excavators etc.)?

Helicopters with realistic Rotor controls, Tow Trucks, Snow Groomers, Truck with knuckleboom crane. RC Boat

3.Which LEGO Technic vehicle and which price point you would like to see (please state only one top choice)

RC Tow Truck in Miller industries style. End of year flagship pricepoint

4.If not vehicles what would you like to see from the LEGO Technic platform?

Great Ball contraptions (GBC)

10.What kind of technologies would you like to see in LEGO Technic?

pneumatic RC Valves

Thanks for pushing this to us @Jim

1.If you could choose, what 3 IPs/Brands would you like to have in the LEGO Technic portfolio?

John Deere, Unimog, Valtra

2.What types of vehicles should we do more of in LEGO Technic (ex: boats, super cars, helicopters, excavators etc.)?

Helicopters, Airplanes, Row Tractors, Garbage Trucks.

3.Which LEGO Technic vehicle and which price point you would like to see (please state only one top choice)

$100 Tractor

4.If not vehicles what would you like to see from the LEGO Technic platform?

Bridge or Dam

10.What kind of technologies would you like to see in LEGO Technic?

An electric car.

1: JCB, John Deere, Terex

2: Backhoe loaders, combine harvesters, scrapers

3: JCB backhoe, £89.99 (something on the level of 42053)

4: No answer

5/6: Subject matter/construction machinery, off-road vehicles

7/8: No/I prefer manual sets, but I'm okay with some motorization if necessary

9: More flexibility

10: Something akin to Power Functions

11: Yes

This was interesting... I gave them my input and I hope it helps.  It made me look up “Build for real” and that led to a interesting footnote on the marketing campaign at this link:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjM16ftsIDvAhUDpVsKHbAxBkQQFjABegQIARAD&url=https%3A%2F%2Fcaples.org%2F2019-winners-results%2F%3Fid%3D34%26cat%3DDigital%20B%20to%20C&usg=AOvVaw07eN8ExXWnm6fojtdLsbiq

43 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

Well, I think I've been nice... but it's a moot point, as I'm currently stuck right at the first question: off the top of my head I can't think of any IPs that could benefit Technic instead of restricting its design/functionality.

I answered "Too much IP"

Oh, and I asked Santa for a Control+ interface development application, a micro motor, and more servo based motorization. My three Brands/IP where Boston Dynamics, Bell-Boeing and SpaceX/NASA.  The Bell-Boeing was a jab in the eye for canceling the V-22

Wondering what Lego will do with the feedback.... These are my answers
1: No or all brand
2: Futuristic vehicles (video games), Robots
3: 250 euro
4: Great Ball Contraption
5:Technology; Control+; Building Experience;
6: Control + but then with a simple remote controller; Control + simple switch (Switch in between battery and motor/light); Lights/sound as we had in when 9 Volt started
7/8: Yes; Like remote control
9: Ability to connect motors in parallel in case feedback is not needed. (and added points mentioned in #6).
10: Flex cables as used in the 8479 Barcode Truck
11: Yes

I asked Santa for better documentation and physical controllers.  Other stuff I can build my own if required.

1. NASA, Star Wars, Boeing

2. 1:8 supercars!!! I would love to see them once a year instead of once in two years...

3. Boeing 787 Dreamliner, 3,000 pieces, $250

5. Just building experience. I am not a parts collector, so I don't really care if a set doesn't have too much new parts as long as the price is reasonable. I also like it when a set is based on IP, but it won't stop me from getting sets if it isn't based on an IP. Last but not least, Control+ is great, but it seems like TLG is using Control+ as an excuse for the set to be expensive. (without the electronics, the sets would still have a much higher PPP than other sets)

7. No, but it won't decrease my likelihood of purchase as long as the price is reasonable for what you get.

8. Because Control+ sets are just expensive in general and sometimes I would rather get sets separately without Control+ elements. (It may be a good idea to consider selling them separately)

9. Custom controls for MOCs. The Control+ sets should also come with a controller.

10. Sensors as used in Boost/Mindstorms sets

11. Yes

Very happy to see TLG doing these types of surveys... glad they are finally listening to their fans!!!

36 minutes ago, Bublehead said:

Boston Dynamics

I thought about that too, but then considered it could be more MINDSTORMS than Technic. Not that I would mind seeing Boston Dynamics-licensed MINDSTORMS sets, of course. Then, with that license in hand, the door would be open for Hyundai cars (I don't know if they make any interesting cars or not, though).

2 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

I thought about that too, but then considered it could be more MINDSTORMS than Technic. Not that I would mind seeing Boston Dynamics-licensed MINDSTORMS sets, of course. Then, with that license in hand, the door would be open for Hyundai cars (I don't know if they make any interesting cars or not, though).

I feel like something similar to the ideas project can work. (At a bigger scale of course)

native

Asked for motorised fire-truck with lights and motorised boom, maybe it will happen one day, also asked (three times) for a remote control.

1 Case IH / JCB / Fendt

2 Tractors

3 £250 proper flagship agricultural machine - Fasttrack, Stieger etc

4 GBC 

? Programmable C+/PU for moc use

10 Hydraulic version of pnuematics 

GBC looks a popular request... that would be an awesome flagship....

All the brands listed are great. My brands were Kenworth, Peterbilt and Tesla. I would love a proper American style heavy hauler with transmission ratios, inter axle lock, etc. My biggest gripes were not enough power and bring back a rechargeable battery. It’s just a wishlist, right?

I went with Caterpillar as one of the IPs since people want more construction vehicles and I would like to see a CAT set. Real is also a cool idea and some of my family members really like their cars. I also noted that pneumatic system should be implemented in many more sets rather than just one every few years.

1. JCB, John Deere, Kenworth

2. Construction equipment (ex: backhoe, road grader, tow truck, forwarder, fork lift)

3. JCB backhoe with full RC control. All functions can be done with 6 motors and a three position gearbox. $350-$400 USD price point.  Or, a manual JCB backhoe with full pneumatics, similar to 8455 set, but with a motorized compressor.  $250 USD price point.

4. More helicopters but with realistic cyclic and collective on the main rotor hub and pitch control on rear rotor.  Space shuttle.  More airplanes with realistic flight controls (ailerons, rudder, elevator, flaps).  A biplane with a radial engine would be neat. 

5. New Elements, Building Experience, Using LEGO Technic System for MOCs

6. Blank

7. No

8. The mechanical side of LEGO Technic is what has always made me like the Technic line.  Gears, levers, pneumatics, and other motions should be what Technic is about.  Motors are fun too, but programing and using smart devices to work my models isn't what Technic should be about.

9.  -Ability to have multiple motors/lights run off one port (i.e. Port stacking)
     -Ability to run more than 4 motors off of one hub.  A hub with 8 ports would be more ideal, or better yet, built a bluetooth receiver with 4 ports that is separate from the batter box (like sbrick)
     -PU extension wires.
     -A micro motor
     -Flashing lights
     -Much lower price points

10. Motorized pneumatic valves.  The valves could even just be a new style valve that more easily integrates with the existing motors.

11. Don't know.

1. NASCAR, Case IH, Bobcat

2. A- Recreational vehicles (like ATV's, a larger size Go-Kart, or even an RV.).
    B- Common, everyday vehicles (like a normal Fiat or a work truck)
    C- Rescue vehicles
    D- Race vehicles from other motorsports (not F1, not motocross, not Le Man's car)
    E- Old school cars (like the 1960's to the 1990's. A Corvette for the 1980's or an old Datsun.)

3. A 1960's Datsun for $50-$60.

4. Infrastructure or bringing back old parts.

5. New Elements, New Color, Building Experience, Using LEGO Technic System for MOCs

7. No

8. I have too many Power Functions parts that will not be supported on the Control+ system. Buying new sets and then adding them to my collection for making MOC's will cause me to either: A- not use Control+ (or similar) till I have enough of those to make MOC's, or B- find and buy Control+ (or similar) right away so I can make my own models. Either way It will cost me more to replace all of my now "End of Life" Power Functions parts.

9. Don't know cause I'm still in the Power Functions era.

10. A physical controller for Control+ and/or adaptor for Power Functions for Control+.

Thanks @Jim I’ve given my opinion, perhaps a little different to some on here but if we all wrote the same that would be boring.