Sign in to follow this  
Vostroyan

[MOC] 74-Z Speeder Bike ... another one

But it's got a new hat!

There's been so many lovely MOCs of this speeder, so my goal was to make it look like the Scout was riding the speeder a bit more, without removing the legs or having that moped look of standing on a platform.

50972556022_ce05f250a2_b.jpg

The rider is held in place by the tension of the socket wrenches and it can be posed upside down without it falling out. Pleased with that.

50971758403_3e305733ef_c.jpg

50971758243_7a66e420f1_c.jpg

I've put free instructions up on rebrickable, if anyone is interested. Thanks for stopping by.

Edited by Vostroyan
Typo

much like you said, I love when these speeders are designed where you don't have to take the figure apart in order to seat them. The shaping you've achieved here is quite pleasing, I especially like those curved slopes used just in front of the rider. Is the scout held in by anything, or does he sort of sit on top?

6 hours ago, AIex said:

much like you said, I love when these speeders are designed where you don't have to take the figure apart in order to seat them. The shaping you've achieved here is quite pleasing, I especially like those curved slopes used just in front of the rider. Is the scout held in by anything, or does he sort of sit on top?

There's no stud connection but he's held in place by tension. The socket wrenches have a bit of flex to them so the attached hand pieces I'm using as handlebars lock into in the rider's own hands when they're oriented as shown, and the 1x2 slope that forms his seat holds him in place (plus there's also a third contact point that prevents movement). It's surprisingly secure and can be turned upside down. 

Thanks for the kind words folks. 

Edited by Vostroyan