Boindil Lego

Golden gate

Everything he touches turns to gold. Is it a blessing or is it a curse? I build this for a contest on Lowlug.com. Hope you all like it!

Everything he touches turns to gold. Is it a blessing or is it a curse?

Edited by Boindil Lego

Impressive gate, the texture created by all those gold lacquered plates looks absolutely gorgeous! Very nice use of the unicorn horse battle helmet too.

That's a beautiful creation, very elegant in design and the all-gold look is a great touch of class to a well designed gate. The whole gold majestic look makes it feel like it belongs to an entrance into Asgard or some other similar style mythical place. 

Really nice detailing that looks totally in place :thumbup:

It's not often you see something that's primarily just a single colour look great. But you've managed it, there's plenty of texture even while keeping things golden. The minifigure is well placed to add a formidable sense of scale too.

Epic! I often think that gold tends to look a little over-the-top, but this has the opposite effect :laugh: Great build, really good use of the bricks!

That looks great. Someone else has been on a 2c parts buying spree!

Looks very nice, with a good amount of detail added so it's not just a bland, single-color blob.  Those curved slopes on the hinge sides of the gates add some nice visual interest there as well which otherwise might have just been more of the same.  Nice build.  :classic:

16 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

It's not often you see something that's primarily just a single colour look great. But you've managed it

True and gold of all colors! :laugh: Very cool.

This is stunning, very well done I am really imagining a story for it, I would like to see this gate in a bigger moc so the blank space to be filled.
Thanks for sharing :)