KotZ

[MOC] Strip Club

Every town needs one, right? Definitely a more "mature" build then I normally do, so continue at your own risk.

This was a fun build to do, and challenging. I wanted to do something a little outlandish, similar to the Trap House I made awhile back, and this idea just had me cracking up the entire time I was building. As you can see, we'll start on the outside. I based the outside on a few I had driven past in LA, with the statues out front. This part was probably the most difficult, as I didn't want to jut out too much into the sidewalk, but I didn't want to lose valuable real estate inside for the build. The stonework on the sides are alternating headlight bricks and normal SNOT bricks, to give a little texture and depth.

stripclub.png

stripclub_2.png

stripclub_3.png

stripclub_4.png

The bouncer performing an ocular pat down on a possible client.

stripclub_5.png

The signs, so you know what to expect.

stripclub_6.png

The front of the owner's office.

stripclub_7.png

The back. Stairs lead up from to the office. The section on the left is the dressing room.

stripclub_8.png

stripclub_9.png

Here we see the owner of the joint, his safe, and his black couch.

stripclub_10.png

Now to the inside of the club. Here is the stage (with pole), dancer with some clothes on the ground, and two guys "making it rain." The pole is legally attached through SNOT connections. The left has the door to the dressing room.

stripclub_11.png

Here is our DJ/emcee calling out the dancers. "And here's Trixie!"

stripclub_12.png

Two clients enjoying themselves. The ATM is to the left.

stripclub_13.png

stripclub_14.png

A dancer talking to a guy, seeing if he wants to come with her to the VIP room. He seems quite excited. Somehow stud.io doesn't have that torso, so I had to us partmaker to make the decal.

stripclub_15.png

stripclub_16.png

Long views of both sides.

stripclub_17.png

stripclub_18.png

Here's a dancer coming into the dressing room for her shift. One girl is putting on lipstick before she goes on stage.

stripclub_19.png

Here are some lockers for the girls to store their stuff.

stripclub_20.png

One of the VIP rooms, with a client getting a lap dance.

stripclub_21.png

Top view of the establishment.

Enjoy! Comments and criticism are more than welcome!

Well....um.....this is a rather unusual Lego town MOC. :laugh:

I love it though. You did an amazing job on it. My favorite part is that you used torsos from the old Adventures theme for the strippers. I also like Emmett's little cameo. 10/10

3 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

Well....um.....this is a rather unusual Lego town MOC. :laugh:

I love it though. You did an amazing job on it. My favorite part is that you used torsos from the old Adventures theme for the strippers. I also like Emmett's little cameo. 10/10

Yes, quite unusual!

Thanks! I found that torso and just had to use it, it worked perfectly for me. As for Emmett, don't tell Lucy:poke:

Looks great! Very unusual build like mentioned above.

1 hour ago, JintaiZ said:

Looks great! Very unusual build like mentioned above.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, KotZ said:

I based the outside on a few I had driven past in LA, with the statues out front.

This is so spot on its hilarious in its accuracy! The club owner's super transparent attempt at being ritzy but winding up tacky, (I mean this in a good way to your precise representation of the reality of the source inspiration and not that your build is tacky). Excellent work with all the details, colors and design as it really feels like a skeezy big-city club.

2 hours ago, koalayummies said:

This is so spot on its hilarious in its accuracy! The club owner's super transparent attempt at being ritzy but winding up tacky, (I mean this in a good way to your precise representation of the reality of the source inspiration and not that your build is tacky). Excellent work with all the details, colors and design as it really feels like a skeezy big-city club.

Thanks! That was what I was going for. A lot of places out in the middle of nowhere are more plain, but the trying to make it ritzy but actually being tacky is very true. I just had to try to emulate it.

The rear view of a minifigure is quite something!!!  Thank you, I needed a giggle!

5 hours ago, Loslyn said:

The rear view of a minifigure is quite something!!!  Thank you, I needed a giggle!

... did you get your blocks off? I'm sorry, I had to make the joke.:tongue:

4 hours ago, MartyMcFly said:

So is going on Lego Ideas :grin:  I'm sure it will be approved.

I mean, Stranger Things have happened :poke:

This is soo cool @KotZ

Just to keep this very nice build up on the forum!

Everything else has (maybe not:pir-huzzah1:) been said.

I love this.

Best
Thorsten

3 hours ago, Toastie said:

This is soo cool @KotZ

Just to keep this very nice build up on the forum!

Everything else has (maybe not:pir-huzzah1:) been said.

I love this.

Best
Thorsten

Thanks! Glad you enjoy it!

2 hours ago, Calvinw said:

This is hilarious!  Great job in my humble opinion!

I'm glad you like it, thanks!

On 2/22/2021 at 2:51 AM, KotZ said:

I based the outside on a few I had driven past in LA...

This is pretty great! Based on the few I have also driven past the interior should probably be built from much older dingier bricks, not these nice shiny new bricks you show. :)

Now this is 18+ Lego. :blush:

Seriously though, great job. I like the intricacy you put into this MOC.

Although I can see a lot of brain work and creativity in this moc, I do not like it. It's hard for me to explain, since I am not anative english speaker.

To me it is an Idealisation of exploitation - I am not prudent at all - I made a two-male-figures scene in the public toilet of a Main Station Moc.

I think the difference to me is having fun in consens and out of your own free will is okay, to be forced (and I do indeed think most people working as prostitues do not make this Job because they love it, but out of being in need or getting forced by pimps) is not.

In my Opinion, this Moc is staffed with male Hybris, besides the clever originality. Again, i don't mind that it deals with sexuality and sexual encounters, I mind the non-critical-use of exploitation and making humans a mercatil, buyable product. I might be wrong of course, as everybody can be, I just wanted to explain my feelings about this.

Just my two cents.

10 minutes ago, Seehas said:

I might be wrong of course, as everybody can be

This is certainly not about being wrong or right! This is about perspective.

I can clearly see and do appreciate your perspective.

But then - this is LEGO. Rebuild worlds. Some do buildings, others do cars, then there are scenes, machines, very old-fashioned totally energy inefficient steam locomotives. From a today's perspective the latter are climate killers. But: These are LEGO models. Renditions.

See, when you go along your line ... head over to the Military Forum. For those who love peace a true nightmare. But once again: Renditions in LEGO.

Again, I can clearly see, what you are aiming at. It is - from that perspective (which I do share) - more than difficult.

But that is Starwars as well. And pirates killing each other - with hardly any females present, but rather cannons.

Personally, I love this model - and of course I do not share what it stands for behind the scenes.

It is very difficult. And entirely OK when you don't like it. There is absolutely nothing wrong about that. In contrast.

Best
Thorsten 

On 3/2/2021 at 7:52 PM, jimmythefly said:

This is pretty great! Based on the few I have also driven past the interior should probably be built from much older dingier bricks, not these nice shiny new bricks you show. :)

Thanks! And as for being dingy, you have to start off fresh and clean. Give it a week, and it will be dingy.

On 3/2/2021 at 10:17 PM, Brikkyy13 said:

The only thing this is missing is two kids stacked on top of each other wearing a trench coat.

That would be pretty difficult to make, maybe next time!

On 3/7/2021 at 5:29 PM, The Stud said:

Now this is 18+ Lego. :blush:

Seriously though, great job. I like the intricacy you put into this MOC.

Thanks!

On 3/12/2021 at 1:55 PM, Seehas said:

Although I can see a lot of brain work and creativity in this moc, I do not like it. It's hard for me to explain, since I am not anative english speaker.

To me it is an Idealisation of exploitation - I am not prudent at all - I made a two-male-figures scene in the public toilet of a Main Station Moc.

I think the difference to me is having fun in consens and out of your own free will is okay, to be forced (and I do indeed think most people working as prostitues do not make this Job because they love it, but out of being in need or getting forced by pimps) is not.

In my Opinion, this Moc is staffed with male Hybris, besides the clever originality. Again, i don't mind that it deals with sexuality and sexual encounters, I mind the non-critical-use of exploitation and making humans a mercatil, buyable product. I might be wrong of course, as everybody can be, I just wanted to explain my feelings about this.

Just my two cents.

On 3/12/2021 at 2:16 PM, Toastie said:

This is certainly not about being wrong or right! This is about perspective.

I can clearly see and do appreciate your perspective.

But then - this is LEGO. Rebuild worlds. Some do buildings, others do cars, then there are scenes, machines, very old-fashioned totally energy inefficient steam locomotives. From a today's perspective the latter are climate killers. But: These are LEGO models. Renditions.

See, when you go along your line ... head over to the Military Forum. For those who love peace a true nightmare. But once again: Renditions in LEGO.

Again, I can clearly see, what you are aiming at. It is - from that perspective (which I do share) - more than difficult.

But that is Starwars as well. And pirates killing each other - with hardly any females present, but rather cannons.

Personally, I love this model - and of course I do not share what it stands for behind the scenes.

It is very difficult. And entirely OK when you don't like it. There is absolutely nothing wrong about that. In contrast.

Best
Thorsten 

I understand what you mean, but I thin Toastie explains what happens to be my own thoughts as well. There are some builds I personally would never make, but I figured, for me, I could make this one as I know a few strippers, and I could take the tropes and make them funny. For things like sexual assault, I'd probably avoid making those.

Very well done, the indoor climate is the middle ground between the bleak and the illusory!

I like the railroad guy who tries his luck at the strip club after a day's work :pir-huzzah1:

The DJ is perfect in his outfit :grin:

Loving it!

However that is the nicest outside of a strip club I have ever seen.

I am a woman and no fan of misogyny, I was amused by this because it is absurd.  If you think about it Lego Group are extremely guilty of objectifying, women, men & just about everything!!  I would be a lot happier if I thought all men who are online were just looking at Lego rendered strip joints!

51 minutes ago, Loslyn said:

all men who are online were just looking at Lego rendered strip joints!

Oh yes. Absolutely!

Best
Thorsten