MKJoshA

Wishlist: Future Star Wars Sets and Minifigures

15 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

I might not say it's a better film in terms of quality but in terms of enjoyment it's on par with those 2 for me.

As for a non-jedi temple MBS ( though if Indiana Jones can get a 12+ heart sacrifice and child enslavement set then we can get a 18+ off a place where of screen child murder and genocide occured.... Oh wait the ToD set is in limbo :devil:) - the senate building, make it interior focused like the death star ones, have a palpys office and the room with all the senate pods. I mean it could even be a episode one or two set but RotS is the only time there's any action in the building.

That's fair. I mean I don't argue the godfather is of superior quality to ESB, but ESB's still my favorite film. (Nothing against godfather, I think it's the best film of all time, but... star wars is star wars.)

I suppose the senate building could be a good location set, but i just don't see it being MBS. Really the only prequel MBS I could see is Pentaki.

Prequel Trilogy CMF series:

1. Padme Amidala (Battle dress): new blaster pistol mold

2. Nute Gunrey: Brick-built mechno-chair

3. Boss Nass (molded head): booma orb

4. Qui-gon Jinn (cloaked, with printed robes and a cloth piece): lightsaber

5. Darth Maul (new cloth pieces, including a waistcape sort of cloth): double lightsaber with the monkie kid part.

6. Clone captain (printed arms and side-printed legs): blaster rifle

7. Zam Wessel (new helmet mold): blaster rifle, alternate clawdite head.

8. Wat Tambor (new head/armor mold): 1x1 round brick with death star plans

9. Obi-Wan Kenobi (geonosis sand stains printed on robes, using the old luke hair): lightsaber

10. Jango Fett (printed arms and dual-molded legs): blaster pistols

11. Commander Bacara (snowtrooper helmet mold, waistcape): blaster rifle

12. Count Dooku (dual-molded legs): Lightsaber

13. Commander Bly (kama and waistcape): blaster rifle

14. Anakin Skywalker (shirtless, with dual-molded arm for robotic hand): lightsaber

15. Darth Sidious (cloth elements): lightsaber

(chase figure): 16. Baron Papanoida: cane

16 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

11. Commander Bacara (snowtrooper helmet mold)

Are you trying to bait MandR? :laugh:

Some battle packs for your thoughts:

Separatist Army ($19.99): 4x Battle Droid, 3x Super Battle Droid. STAP, Crab Droid

Imperial Clone Troopers ($19.99): Captain Wilco, 3x Phase II Clone Trooper, BARC Speeder, Republic E-Web.

Imperial Army Troopers ($19.99): 2x Imperial Army Trooper, ISB Agent, Imperial Navy Trooper. Speeder from Andor.

I know this came out not too long ago and I really regret not getting it, but would love to have a copy of Kylo Ren's TIE Silencer...and not have to pay double the amount for it lol. Hopefully it makes a return someday!

21 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Imperial Clone Troopers ($19.99): Captain Wilco, 3x Phase II Clone Trooper, BARC Speeder, Republic E-Web.

Imperial Army Troopers ($19.99): 2x Imperial Army Trooper, ISB Agent (:wub:), Imperial Navy Trooper. Speeder from Andor.

Can we swap wilco for a clone commando? :tongue:

Also 1000x yes on the second pack

Wow, this flew right under the radar.

Brand new LEGO Star Wars set confirmed! 75356: Executor Super Star Destroyer available now for pre-order on lego.com ($69.99 USD), presumably coming on May 1st.

Has a black display stand with the RotJ 40th Anniversary logo.

On 2/24/2023 at 11:17 PM, Techam said:

I miss the "midi-scale" sets from 2009 and 2010 and always wished I had got them.  They look good on display without having to break the bank.  I would like to see a midi Venator, Invisible Hand, Republic Gunship, Droid Control Ship, Imperial Shuttle, Home One, Executor, etc.

Well, that's one! Here's hoping your other predictions come true as well :laugh:

I don’t follow Starwars news and these forums much (although I love the theme, (I focus more on the Harry Potter discussion), but recently I felt inspired to get myself a definitive Millennium Falcon as I actually never owned one before, so I got the RoS version 2nd hand and also got the Xwing on shelves as that has Leia and I found a Han from the microfigter to build up a more OT crew. I hope to Mod the interior to define the rooms better and add more features as other have done. 

Now it’s got me thinking about what else I would like to build up and Jabba’s palace came to mind as a location I would enjoy growing and customising as there is so much going on there, i wish I got the original Rancor pit when it was on shelves as that’s gone up in value by about %400!

So here is a wish, an approach to Jaba’s palace similar to the Hogwarts Castle system sets with several modular sets each of a room etc which can combine together to make up the whole palace complex, both by connecting sideways and by stacking:

Jabba’s throne room: Jabba, Chewie, Leia (disguise), Bib Fortuna, Han in carbonite, Gamorrean guard, Salacious B. Crumb, Ephant Mon using hulk arms & face sticker on a 6192, monk droid etc. the build is the main large building only, with maybe a side build for the palace door with security droid which can be rearranged. 

Rancor pit: Rancor, keeper, Gamorrean guard, Oola, Luke, another alien such as Amanaman.  Build is a large rocky foundation for the throne room.

Jabbas’s dungeons: Han (blind), EV-9D9, Gonk droid, R2D2, C3PO, a background alien like Bubo. Build is a rocky foundation for the towers with detailed rooms inside of the droid room and prison.

Jabba’s Palace Tower; Boba Fett (bath tank), Krrsantan, Boba’s armour. Gamorrean guard From BoBF. Build is the tallest tower of the palace. 

Jabba’s Palace: The Max Rebo Band: Max Rebo and about 3 other aliens etc. Build is a smaller side tower. 

Edited by Bugbot20082

On 2/27/2023 at 1:16 PM, ARC2149Nova said:

Are you trying to bait MandR? :laugh:

Some battle packs for your thoughts:

Separatist Army ($19.99): 4x Battle Droid, 3x Super Battle Droid. STAP, Crab Droid

Imperial Army Troopers ($19.99): 2x Imperial Army Trooper, ISB Agent, Imperial Navy Trooper. Speeder from Andor.

Nah, after someone threatened to pour flex seal down his larynx I wouldn't try to bait him. :laugh:

Battle packs would all be great.

Force Awakens wave. We didn't get many sets for the sequels after their initial waves, but there just isn't a ton of stuff in the movie.

Microfighters:

Black One X-wing ($9.99): Poe Dameron

First Order Troop Transport ($9.99): Captain Phasma

Rey's speeder vs Luggabeast ($19.99): Rey and Teedo.

Battle Packs:

Resistance troopers ($14.99): 2x resistance trooper (kepi style helmet), 1x rebel trooper (hair), 1x rebel trooper (helmet with visor). Build is a small bit of D'Qar bunker with turret.

First Order snowtroopers ($14.99): 2x first order snowtrooper, 1x first order heavy trooper, 1x first order snowtrooper captain. Build is a first order banner and mini FO snowspeeder.

Duel: Showdown on Takodana ($19.99): Maz's castle ruins with collapsing feature. Comes with Finn and FN-2199

BB-8 rescue ($29.99): Luggabeast and Jakku gate. Comes with Rey, Teedo, BB-8, and Constable Zuvio.

Starkiller base escape ($39.99): starkiller base interrogation room, shield control room, and hallway. Comes with Rey, Kylo Ren, 1x stormtrooper, and Chewbacca.

First Order TIE Fighter ($59.99): The non-special forces version, between the 2018 and 2021 ties in size. Comes with 1x TIE fighter pilot, 2x first order stormtrooper, and General Hux.

Black One X-wing starfighter ($69.99): Between 2018 and 2021 x-wings in size. Comes with Poe Dameron, BB-8, Snap Wexley, and General Leia.

First order troop transport ($129.99): FO troop transport, larger than 2015 version. Comes with Kylo Ren, Captain Phasma, 4x first order stormtrooper, 2x heavy trooper, Lor San Tekka, and Poe Dameron.

UCS: UCS Black One X-wing starfighter ($249.99): Comes with detachable booster engine. Includes Poe Dameron (dual molded legs, printed arms) and BB-8.

MBS: Starkiller base ($499.99): Starkiller base, built similarly to the death star UCS set. Interior includes interrogation chamber, hallway, conference room, hanger bay, the catwalk where han dies, and a top level with the forested area where they fight and the thermal oscillator. Also includes microfighters of a resistence x-wing and FO special forces TIE. Comes with Rey, Finn, Old Han, Chewbacca, Kylo Ren, Phasma, Hux, 2x first order officer, 2x first order technician, 2x first order stormtrooper, 2x first order snowtrooper, 2x first order heavy trooper, 1x first order tie pilot, 1x first order special forces TIE pilot, Jess Pava, Snap Wexley, and 1x first order snowtrooper commander.

Dioramas:

Showdown on Starkiller Base ($59.99): Starkiller base trees and snowy terrain with the fault lines through it. Quote is "I can show you the ways of the force." (Look, there are literally two lines in the scene, but I still think it would be a good diorama.) Comes with Rey and Kylo Ren.

Reactor encounter ($79.99): Elevated/forced perspective starkiller base catwalk with the reactor sides in the background. Quote is "I know what I have to do but I don't know if I have the strength to do it". Comes with Kylo Ren (unmasked, new hair), Han Solo, and 2x stormtrooper.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

On 2/28/2023 at 7:05 AM, Fulcrumfan91 said:

I know this came out not too long ago and I really regret not getting it, but would love to have a copy of Kylo Ren's TIE Silencer...and not have to pay double the amount for it lol. Hopefully it makes a return someday!

Then buy it now. The price will quintuple by early next year once people realize we will never get "Sequel Trilogy" stuff ever again. This includes anything that has to do with Kylo Ren. How do I know? Per Kamran Pasha's patreon (he's promobricks of Disney leaks, but even more reliable) the sequel trilogy is going to become "irrelevant" for lack of a better term. The Mando/Ahsoka shows are working toward changing the franchise's future (lore-wise).

Watch the intro to Mando Season 3, Episode 1. Kylo Ren's helmet was deleted from that intro we see that scrolls through all the heads and helmets of every prominent Star Wars character. We see Bo Katan. But Kylo is gone. This is Jon Favreau's subtle way of putting us all on notice. The Ahsoka show is going to cement this.

It will soon no longer be accurate to refer to the movies with Kylo as a "sequel trilogy." And from what I have personally heard, there is an idea to rebrand Galaxy's edge into a setting from the Mandalorian. Further proof that the sequels are dead. My guess would be Navarro. Nothing official here though.

Happy hunting.

Edited by Something_Awesome

5 hours ago, Something_Awesome said:

Then buy it now. The price will quintuple by early next year once people realize we will never get "Sequel Trilogy" stuff ever again. This includes anything that has to do with Kylo Ren. How do I know? Per Kamran Pasha's patreon (he's promobricks of Disney leaks, but even more reliable) the sequel trilogy is going to become "irrelevant" for lack of a better term. The Mando/Ahsoka shows are working toward changing the franchise's future (lore-wise).

Watch the intro to Mando Season 3, Episode 1. Kylo Ren's helmet was deleted from that intro we see that scrolls through all the heads and helmets of every prominent Star Wars character. We see Bo Katan. But Kylo is gone. This is Jon Favreau's subtle way of putting us all on notice. The Ahsoka show is going to cement this.

It will soon no longer be accurate to refer to the movies with Kylo as a "sequel trilogy." And from what I have personally heard, there is an idea to rebrand Galaxy's edge into a setting from the Mandalorian. Further proof that the sequels are dead. My guess would be Navarro. Nothing official here though.

Happy hunting.

Amazing. Every word of what you’ve just said… is wrong.

I’ve never heard of this Kamran Pasha fellow before but a quick Google search tells me that he’s nothing more than yet another grifter spreading lies about how Lucasfilm is going to retcon the sequels. Anyone who associates with the likes of Geeks and Gamers immediately loses any credibility in my eyes. No matter how much a sizable portion of the audience was disappointed in those films, and no matter how much an army of fans will relentlessly complain about them on the internet, it’s just not going to happen. The films made billions of dollars and as is, Galaxy’s Edge is massively successful. There’s no reason to change it after only four years, as most park goers clearly don’t care what era the rides are set in as they always have super long waits. 

It’s also laughable that this idea of The Mandalorian and its connected series retconning the sequels is still a thing. Did you miss the big connection to TROS in the Season 3 premiere a couple of days ago? Or the numerous other references and connections in the shows already, as well as some of Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni’s comments regarding connections to those films?

Stop spreading misinformation.

All of that aside, I do recommend Kylo Ren’s TIE Silencer @Fulcrumfan91. It’s a cool model and I don’t think Lego is going to remake it in the near future. If anything, I think they’d prioritize his TIE Whisper from TROS since they never got around to making it, but that’s probably not happening soon either.

1 hour ago, The Stud said:

Amazing. Every word of what you’ve just said… is wrong.

I’ve never heard of this Kamran Pasha fellow before but a quick Google search tells me that he’s nothing more than yet another grifter spreading lies about how Lucasfilm is going to retcon the sequels. Anyone who associates with the likes of Geeks and Gamers immediately loses any credibility in my eyes. No matter how much a sizable portion of the audience was disappointed in those films, and no matter how much an army of fans will relentlessly complain about them on the internet, it’s just not going to happen. The films made billions of dollars and as is, Galaxy’s Edge is massively successful. There’s no reason to change it after only four years, as most park goers clearly don’t care what era the rides are set in as they always have super long waits. 

It’s also laughable that this idea of The Mandalorian and its connected series retconning the sequels is still a thing. Did you miss the big connection to TROS in the Season 3 premiere a couple of days ago? Or the numerous other references and connections in the shows already, as well as some of Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni’s comments regarding connections to those films?

Stop spreading misinformation.

All of that aside, I do recommend Kylo Ren’s TIE Silencer @Fulcrumfan91. It’s a cool model and I don’t think Lego is going to remake it in the near future. If anything, I think they’d prioritize his TIE Whisper from TROS since they never got around to making it, but that’s probably not happening soon either.

He is batting 100 with his leaks so far, which is all that matters. Getting emotional about a leak you don't want to believe because you calculate it to be impossible is meaningless. As is your gripe with who Pasha affiliates with. Pasha could be a serial killer and still leak accurate information from Disney. 

So, I decided to create a Battle of Kashyyyk wave, with the idea to build your army by collecting all the sets.

Kashyyyk Troopers ($19.99): 3x Kashyyyk Scout Trooper, AT-RT Driver. AT-RT, Turret.

Clone Rangers Battle Pack ($19.99): 41st Ranger Platoon Officer, 2x 41st Ranger Clone Trooper, 41st Ranger Platoon Heavy Trooper.

Separatist Droid Army ($19.99): 3x Battle Droid, 2x Super Battle Droid. Dwarf Spider Droid, STAP.

Republic Infantry Support Platform ($29.99): The titular swamp speeder. Luminara Unduli, 2x Clone Gunner, Kashyyyk Scout Trooper, 2x Super Battle Droid.

Corporate Alliance Tank Droid ($29.99): 2x Battle Droids, Battle Droid Commander, 2x Wookie Warrior.

Wookie Ornithopter ($29.99): 2x Battle Droids, Super Battle Droid, 2x Wookie Warrior, Merumeru.

Homing Spider Droid ($34.99): Quinlan Vos, Commander Faie, Bogey Squad Trooper, 2x Battle Droid.

Droid Gunship ($49.99): Chewbacca, 2x Camo Battle Droid, 2x Kashyyyk Scout Trooper, Camo Super Battle Droid.

AT-AP ($59.99): Yoda, Commander Gree, Kashyyyk Scout Trooper (Jek), Tarfful, 2x Camo Super Battle Droid.

Wookie Catamaran ($59.99): 2x Wookie Warrior, 2x Clone Gunner, Dwarf Spider Droid, 2x Camo Battle Droid.

Clone Turbo Tank ($139.99): Yoda, Commander Gree, 2x Kashyyyk Trooper, AT-RT Driver, Tarfful, 2x Camo Battle Droid, Camo Super Battle Droid.

Final Army

Republic: Yoda, Luminara, Quinlan, Commander Gree, Commander Faie, Clone Officer (Ranger Platoon), 12 Clone Troopers (1 Bogey Squad, 2 Ranger Platoon, 9 Kashyyyk Scouts), 4 Clone Gunners, 2 AT-RT Drivers.

Wookies: Tarfful, Chewbacca, Merumeru, 6x Wookie Warriors.

CIS: Battle Droid Commander, 9 Battle Droids, 5 Super Battle Droids, 6 AAT Drivers/Camo Battle Droids, 6 Camo Super Battle Droids.

1 hour ago, Something_Awesome said:

He is batting 100 with his leaks so far, which is all that matters. Getting emotional about a leak you don't want to believe because you calculate it to be impossible is meaningless. As is your gripe with who Pasha affiliates with. Pasha could be a serial killer and still leak accurate information from Disney. 

I keep up with Star Wars rumors very closely and have never heard a scoop from him. The people he associates with and the sites that run his stories are questionable to say the least, not to mention their clear biases, so forgive my skepticism. Also, there’s the fact that his claims are easily disproven by reality. That’s kind of a biggie. I’m not getting emotional about any of his so-called “leaks”. I simply don’t fall for obvious BS from internet grifters with an ax to grind, but feel free to keep on deluding yourself.

9 minutes ago, The Stud said:

I keep up with Star Wars rumors very closely and have never heard a scoop from him. The people he associates with and the sites that run his stories are questionable to say the least, not to mention their clear biases, so forgive my skepticism. Also, there’s the fact that his claims are easily disproven by reality. That’s kind of a biggie. I’m not getting emotional about any of his so-called “leaks”. I simply don’t fall for obvious BS from internet grifters with an ax to grind, but feel free to keep on deluding yourself.

He is not a Star Wars leaker. He leaks Disney info in general (if it matters).

As for retcon of the sequels. They have to be retconned. Not because they are bad. You don't retcon something just because it is bad. You retcon because there is a fatal flaw. The sequels have a fatal flaw and a retcon of sorts is required. The issue is that Palpatine never should have been revived (if you want to call it that). That is a fatal flaw and needs to be corrected somehow. If they want to blow up the entirety of the sequels to do that, then so be it. Palpatine's revival creates a catastrophic problem for Episodes 1 through 6.

I also personally know that there have been talks to rebrand Galaxy's edge at Disneyland and Disney World. My guess now is Navarro. 

It's almost like there was an existing canon that would've been perfect for a sequel trilogy when Disney bought the place. :innocent2: Must be my imagination...

(Yes legends also brought Palps back. It was as stupid then as it is now.)

3 hours ago, Something_Awesome said:

As for retcon of the sequels. They have to be retconned. Not because they are bad. You don't retcon something just because it is bad. You retcon because there is a fatal flaw. The sequels have a fatal flaw and a retcon of sorts is required. The issue is that Palpatine never should have been revived (if you want to call it that). That is a fatal flaw and needs to be corrected somehow. If they want to blow up the entirety of the sequels to do that, then so be it. Palpatine's revival creates a catastrophic problem for Episodes 1 through 6.

I also personally know that there have been talks to rebrand Galaxy's edge at Disneyland and Disney World. My guess now is Navarro. 

I can see Galaxy's Edge being rebranded as Navarro down the line, but because of Mando's crazy popularity, not for sequel retconning.

Come on, people have been convinced Disney/LFL is going to retcon the sequels for years now and it hasn't come anywhere close to happening. Having gone through all the furore of the canon/legends split, I find it highly unlikely that they would take out the central plot point of TRoS when the movies are considered the 'most' canon, as it were.

As @ARC2149Nova points out, the idea of Palps having cloned himself existing long before the sequel trilogy. I think it could have done better for sure, but I don't think they have the appetite for such big retcons.

Everyone keeps saying "Palps being brought back was dumb, that's why the sequels are 100% being retconned", but look at the plot going on behind the scenes in the Mandalorian and TBB. The whole reason anyone is looking for Grogu is because Dr. Pershing (a cloner) needs force sensitive blood. TBB on the other hand shows a lot of focus on imperial cloning research and experimentation. Almost feels like this is leading up to something....

4 hours ago, ForgedInLego said:

Everyone keeps saying "Palps being brought back was dumb, that's why the sequels are 100% being retconned", but look at the plot going on behind the scenes in the Mandalorian and TBB. The whole reason anyone is looking for Grogu is because Dr. Pershing (a cloner) needs force sensitive blood. TBB on the other hand shows a lot of focus on imperial cloning research and experimentation. Almost feels like this is leading up to something....

Seconded. In a way this actually makes it feel more interesting to me than it did in Legends. From memory, and I could be wrong, the Empire's continued semi-secret interest in cloning wasn't covered much beyond some exposure in the comics.

On 2/27/2023 at 1:45 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

That's fair. I mean I don't argue the godfather is of superior quality to ESB, but ESB's still my favorite film. (Nothing against godfather, I think it's the best film of all time, but... star wars is star wars.)

I suppose the senate building could be a good location set, but i just don't see it being MBS. Really the only prequel MBS I could see is Pentaki.

Prequel Trilogy CMF series:

1. Padme Amidala (Battle dress): new blaster pistol mold

2. Nute Gunrey: Brick-built mechno-chair

3. Boss Nass (molded head): booma orb

4. Qui-gon Jinn (cloaked, with printed robes and a cloth piece): lightsaber

5. Darth Maul (new cloth pieces, including a waistcape sort of cloth): double lightsaber with the monkie kid part.

6. Clone captain (printed arms and side-printed legs): blaster rifle

7. Zam Wessel (new helmet mold): blaster rifle, alternate clawdite head.

8. Wat Tambor (new head/armor mold): 1x1 round brick with death star plans

9. Obi-Wan Kenobi (geonosis sand stains printed on robes, using the old luke hair): lightsaber

10. Jango Fett (printed arms and dual-molded legs): blaster pistols

11. Commander Bacara (snowtrooper helmet mold, waistcape): blaster rifle

12. Count Dooku (dual-molded legs): Lightsaber

13. Commander Bly (kama and waistcape): blaster rifle

14. Anakin Skywalker (shirtless, with dual-molded arm for robotic hand): lightsaber

15. Darth Sidious (cloth elements): lightsaber

(chase figure): 16. Baron Papanoida: cane

Doesn't Hasbro still have a monopoly on Star Wars figures though? I don't think we are getting any Star Wars CMF because of this anytime soon...

6 hours ago, ForgedInLego said:

Yeah was gonna say this stuff right here. I don't think they're retconning the sequels, they're definitely looking to....maybe fix them tho. Kinda how Clone Wars helped flesh out the prequels more, these extra shows are helping to flesh out the stuff that happens before the sequels. My guess is that's it. I could see them delving into an alternate timeline to eventually redo the sequels tho lol that's a hunch I have personally. 

51 minutes ago, Falcrum said:

Doesn't Hasbro still have a monopoly on Star Wars figures though? I don't think we are getting any Star Wars CMF because of this anytime soon...

Not sure if this was backed up by anyone, but Mandr put out a video around 2 years ago called “The Truth About LEGO Star Wars Minifigures” and he said that LEGO is able to make a CMF.

How about those wishlists guys? :laugh:

Started playing Battlefront II again last night, would really love to get some more clone variants from that game.

41st Ranger Platoon, 327th, 212th Recon, even the ARC Trooper variants would be nice, however unlikely.

Now that the August Wave has probably been entirely replaced with mechs, I think it's a great idea to speculate on what other wonderful ideas Lego could come up with for the theme, therefore, I have compiled this list from the third deepest recesses of my mind.

75359: ($25) Jar Jar Binks Mech (Comes with a variety of Gungan Weaponry and an elongated tongue)

75360: ($35) Darth Maul Mech (Interchangeable legs for PM and CW action!)

75361: ($45) Chewbacca Mech (Combines with UCS Chewy, similar to 2022 Hulkbuster)

75362: ($70) Anakin vs Obi-wan Mech Battle on Mustafar (Features Diorama display with a plaque (Quote: I HATE YOU). The set is designed specifically to resonate with AFOLs.)

75364: ($100) Jabba Mech (Far larger than the other mechs, akin to a Ninjago Titan Mech)

75365: ($160) Captain Rex Mech (Standard mech size)

23 hours ago, YourLocalB2 said:

Not sure if this was backed up by anyone, but Mandr put out a video around 2 years ago called “The Truth About LEGO Star Wars Minifigures” and he said that LEGO is able to make a CMF.

I wouldn't treat MandR as a source of information on what TLG is up to. Youtubers say all kinds of things for views. 

The facts are that in the early 2000s LEGO released some Star Wars figures alone, without any builds and Hasbro said it infringed on their exclusivity deal for Star Wars figures; consequently, those minifigure sets where phased out. Hasbro makes Star Wars figures to this day, and I don't see a reason why their monopoly would have expired.