MKJoshA

Wishlist: Future Star Wars Sets and Minifigures

The possibility that an MBS on Endor will emerge in near future appears very probable and the description you give of it seems to me to be really faithful to what we might see.

If I'm impatient to see what it would turn out to be, I'm even more impatient about a Jabba's Palace. Does it seem plausible to you that an MBS could be dedicated to it despite the controversies after the release of the 9516 set ? Will we one day see this emblematic place reissued like the Rancor pit, especially in the MBS format ?
I find the idea particularly exciting and I don't see how lego could miss the opportunity to reproduce these iconic scenes from Return of the Jedi. It is also a perfect idea set that could provide a significant batch of beautiful figurines that we haven't seen for a long time.

Also, that's not to mention the barge that would cause a great MBS on its own unless it finds a place one day as UCS.

Just imagine...

Edited by Khargeust

45 minutes ago, Khargeust said:

The possibility that an MBS on Endor will emerge in near future appears very probable and the description you give of it seems to me to be really faithful to what we might see.

If I'm impatient to see what it would turn out to be, I'm even more impatient about a Jabba's Palace. Does it seem plausible to you that an MBS could be dedicated to it despite the controversies after the release of the 9516 set ? Will we one day see this emblematic place reissued like the Rancor pit, especially in the MBS format ?
I find the idea particularly exciting and I don't see how lego could miss the opportunity to reproduce these iconic scenes from Return of the Jedi. It is also a perfect idea set that could provide a significant batch of beautiful figurines that we haven't seen for a long time.

Also, that's not to mention the barge that would cause a great MBS on its own unless it finds a place one day as UCS.

Just imagine...

I almost think the palace is more likely to happen as an MBS than a playscale set, but I'm not sure if I'd prefer that or the Sail Barge. Having the Barge as an MBS would be pretty unique by MBS standards, and I think it would be more complete than a palace. That said, Leia (who I would have to assume would be included in both) could appear as Boushh in the palace, whereas she'd have to be in her *ahem* skimpy outfit for the barge, and I don't know if TLG are particularly keen on that. A UCS barge could just include different figures though (say a Gamorrean guard and Luke, perhaps).

5 hours ago, Khargeust said:

Just imagine...

I believe it isn’t impossible to ever get Jabbas palace, however I would doubt it would come out this year due to the cantina having come out last year, and I would feel like these two buildings would be too architecturally similar.

The barge as a UCS could work with out a Leia figure because, as we have established, UCS sets are not about the figures

Edited by Stuartn

19 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Isn't that like, the lineup I just listed? 4 bikes is a tad overkill considering it would be the same side build 4 times. Also, Endor Rex shouldn't hint at his clone armor as it's not in the movie (for obvious reasons), the headprint we got in 2015 would suffice. (Galaxy of Adventures is not canon nor does it trump what's in the actual film)

You hit all the main characters in the scene so my lineup wasn't going to be drastically different. I thought the 4 bikes were perfect since they reflect the earlier scene with Leia and Luke and the scouts. 

I know Galaxy of Adventures isn't canon but in Rebels Sabine says Rex participated in the assault on Endor and Disney has made various changes in canon this is one of them. Plus that's just one of thing for the set that would make it worth it for me if we ever get an Endor bunker. I think it'd be cool to see a little white and blue arm-printing and its not like lego has never broken canon with their mini-fig design. 

Rex fig could look like this. 

Latest Galaxy of Adventures short gives us a brief glimpse at Captain Rex  fighting in the Battle of Endor! – Star Wars Thoughts

On the topic of Jabba Palace MBS I think it could work well but I'd don't know how or even if they would include the rancor pit without jeopardizing the structural integrity of the palace portion; anyways it'd be cool to see either way but I'd prefer a UCS barge rather than a MBS version of Jabba's palace.

Edited by kidtheboss611

The way they did it in the Tydirium was fine. He doesn't need his armor. He doesn't have it in the film, in fact, that isn't even him in ROTJ (Google Nik Sant's Canon page), Dave Filoni admitted to letting both characters exist in the same battle. 

MBS/UCS sets have never mixed Movies with non-movie media for the figure selection, and I don't expect them to start anytime soon. 

I say leave well enough alone and do an Endor Rex/Nik Sant figure exactly how they did before. That way, he can be either character or neither. And this may be selfish, but I would want the commandos to look like they did in the films, which take precedent over any cartoon.

24 minutes ago, kidtheboss611 said:

I think it'd be cool to see a little white and blue arm-printing and its not like lego has never broken canon with their mini-fig design. 

Not like this they haven't. And as you said, $350 should be of utmost quality. I consider faithfulness to the films of higher quality than a non-canon figure design. If we get a GOA Rex later on, I'm all for it, but not in my hypothetical MBS Endor set.

Let's assume that this will be an MBS based on the original trilogy for commercial reasons. So in this case what is most likely to come out as an iconic scene for the next MBS besides Endor's Bunker?

It's hard to envision another scene for the next MBS. No Tatooine scene because of the recently released Cantina, no Bespin scene because of 75222. How about a real MBS on Hoth to fix the 2016 one? 

Edited by Khargeust

I'd love a proper Echo Base in MBS size. Even if they spilt it between the base and the trenches, I think it would redeem them.

As long as the 2016 Rebels return. No more of those Action Battle figures. 

5 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I'd love a proper Echo Base in MBS size. Even if they spilt it between the base and the trenches, I think it would redeem them.

As long as the 2016 Rebels return. No more of those Action Battle figures. 

That would be pretty cool as well, though my money's still on endor.

What was wrong with the action battle ones, did they not have backpacks? I thought the overall design was the same.

8 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:

You hit all the main characters in the scene so my lineup wasn't going to be drastically different. I thought the 4 bikes were perfect since they reflect the earlier scene with Leia and Luke and the scouts. 

I know Galaxy of Adventures isn't canon but in Rebels Sabine says Rex participated in the assault on Endor and Disney has made various changes in canon this is one of them. Plus that's just one of thing for the set that would make it worth it for me if we ever get an Endor bunker. I think it'd be cool to see a little white and blue arm-printing and its not like lego has never broken canon with their mini-fig design. 

The changes to canon don't include "that character on-screen is actually wearing clone vambraces, despite the fact that on-screen he isn't". They tend to make changes that work around the films, such as saying rex was in the battle of endor, but they don't go to the extent of saying that what you literally see in the film is not canon. The whole Rex V Nick Sant situation is confusing, but whether you count rex as nick sant or just say rex was present offscreen, there was no-one wearing clone gear in ROTJ, and lego tends to stick to the films for the MBS sets.

On 7/19/2021 at 7:24 PM, Khargeust said:

Just imagine...

If you capture the actual palace; from outside it doesn't really look like a mosque. Slave Leia - I have my doubts but also I think it's a really stupid figure and concept. Not that I support this way of ignoring the sexistic past but the set can do with her Bounty hunter disguise instead.

But yeah I think Jabbas palace would make a way more interesting and successful set than Endor. And I think those two are the only ones left for MBS sets to do. I really doubt our wishes will be fulfilled with a Geonosis arena set or Exagol or whatsoever...

As a D2C I also would wonder if it reach even the same controversy as the normal retail sets? Like the Slave I it will also appear again in future canon so potential is present.

On another note; brickset posted an article about potential bigger prequels sets:
https://brickset.com/article/60587/what-could-follow-75309-republic-gunship

...again also here I think we are at the right place in a wishlist thread. Venator is closer to ISD's, ARC-170, Jedi Starfighter, Pod Racer and Naboo Starfighter have popular designs. But I'd be amazed if we'd get even 2 of those sets and I see the chance of the other sets at zero.

30 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

If you capture the actual palace; from outside it doesn't really look like a mosque. Slave Leia - I have my doubts but also I think it's a really stupid figure and concept. Not that I support this way of ignoring the sexistic past but the set can do with her Bounty hunter disguise instead.

But yeah I think Jabbas palace would make a way more interesting and successful set than Endor. And I think those two are the only ones left for MBS sets to do. I really doubt our wishes will be fulfilled with a Geonosis arena set or Exagol or whatsoever...

As a D2C I also would wonder if it reach even the same controversy as the normal retail sets? Like the Slave I it will also appear again in future canon so potential is present.

On another note; brickset posted an article about potential bigger prequels sets:
https://brickset.com/article/60587/what-could-follow-75309-republic-gunship

...again also here I think we are at the right place in a wishlist thread. Venator is closer to ISD's, ARC-170, Jedi Starfighter, Pod Racer and Naboo Starfighter have popular designs. But I'd be amazed if we'd get even 2 of those sets and I see the chance of the other sets at zero.

The problem is not that it looks like a mosque or not, but that some people put pressure on LEGO under the pretext that it looks like it and can thus prevent the reproduction of this iconic place in LEGO.

It appears that Leia Slave's presence in the set is essential as it is part of the film and its development. I do not see how his presence can cause debate, it is ridiculous. The film does not value slavery, quite the contrary in fact !

Furthermore, I think a complete MBS set based on Jabba's Palace requires Leia to be present in her bounty hunter outfit AND in her metallic bikini, unless this last one is consecrated in the future in an MBS set based on Jabba's barge. But I think I'm dreaming now ...

Like you, I find it hard to see what they could do like MBS apart from Jabba Palace and Endor Bunker, unless they redo the Echo base, as mentioned above, or Ewok village we'll see ...
Like you, I think the Palace would be a set with greater potential for commercial success than the bunker, especially because of the potential variety of figs. But it seems more certain that the next set will be a set on Endor so that two sets based on Tatooine do not follow one another.

Regarding the Brickset poll, although I'm not particularly interested in the prequel, I voted for the Geonosis arena because having grown up with the first Lego Star Wars from 1999 to 2005, I always regretted that a such set was not produced, especially the beasts.

As long as the MBS is something from ROTJ, I’ll be estatic since it’s my favorite Star Wars film. Endor Bunker, Jabba’s Palace, Jabba’s Sail Barge, a remake of Ewok Village, all of them are tantalizing options. But I think Jabba’s Palace is the one I want most.  As much as I condone Gonk violence, I would kill for an updated 8D8 and I would love to see the droid torture room. I oddly love that scene so much. Also would love to see the entrance door where we see Luke Skywalker in his robes for the first time. Bunker is awesome too but would need some side builds to justify the $350 like some trees or an AT ST. But yeah I’m stoked for the next MBS

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

What was wrong with the action battle ones, did they not have backpacks? I thought the overall design was the same.

Not even close. 2016 ones were the most accurate yet, with white caps, torso, and LBG hands & pants (with white printing for the "skirt"). Action Battle & the 20th Trooper had dark tan caps, white torso, and dark tan plain legs. They're not horrible (I still love the 2010 figures) but after Lego literally perfected the design, they screwed it up. Kinda like the Stormtrooper. 

2016 , Action Battle

I think Endor still makes the most sense, with perhaps some PT sets down the road (if they decide to go for one per film), but if they do decide to do Echo Base, my ideal set would keep the sliding gate, which leads into a fully covered building, including medical center, bunks, and Tauntaun Pen, with command center, and of course, the hangar. 2 transport carts, one Snowspeeder, a Laser Ice Cutter (the 2010 Battle Pack vehicle). Cut to the outside with a deep trench, including the snow bank behind the rebels, with 2 P-Towers and a DF.9 turret. Imperials get a speeder, e-web, and a downscaled AT-ST. There could be a shield generator or ion canon, but I'm not sure if that would cause an Assault on Hoth repeat.

Minifigures: Hoth Han, Hoth Leia, Chewbacca (with snow printing, perhaps reusing the Solo mold), Luke Skywalker (pilot), Wedge Antilles, Wes Janson (all pilots use the UCS uniforms), General Rieekan, Toryn Farr, Bren Derlin, Trey Callum & 2 Hoth Rebel Troopers, K-3PO, Echo Base Soldier (Tan vest), 21-B, R2-D2, 2 Snowtroopers, Darth Vader, AT-AT/AT-ST Pilot, Probe Droid, Tauntaun.

Trey Callum and his team use the 2016 outfits, with Bren Derlin and Echo Base Trooper being reused from Assault on Hoth (with new faces, of course), Rieekan gets a new face, and new prints, Toryn gets a new face (or more appropriate reuse) and more appropriate hair, K-3PO, 21-B, and R2 are all reused, with the Snowtroopers being the Action Battle/4+/AT-AT variants, but with backpacks and cloth kamas. Vader is his Final Duel figure but with blue square in place of the green (to reflect his ESB suit), the AT-ST could get an accurate pilot, or an AT-AT Pilot repurposed. Wedge gets the Theron Nett head, Wes keeps the standard expression.

2 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

There could be a shield generator or ion canon, but I'm not sure if that would cause an Assault on Hoth repeat.

I think they could be done, the 2016 versions were actually quite good but bizarrely unfinished (open backed or not enough generator sections), and with better integration into the main build, potentially sacrificing a feature like the tauntaun pen, one turret or wampa cave for more parts

Not even close. 2016 ones were the most accurate yet, with white caps, torso, and LBG hands & pants (with white printing for the "skirt"). Action Battle & the 20th Trooper had dark tan caps, white torso, and dark tan plain legs. They're not horrible (I still love the 2010 figures) but after Lego literally perfected the design, they screwed it up. Kinda like the Stormtrooper. 

2016 , Action Battle

Similarly I want the old snowtroopers back too, the action battle set versions were horrendous, the printing was okay, but no backpack or kama

Edited by Stuartn

everyone talking mbs endor bunker and ucs prequel sets but there's a couple mbs sets I really want

MBS Yavin ($449.99) - Think a way bigger Vader castle that opens up similar to the cantina, with the lookout tower beside it. When opened, first floor has a hangar that can fit a couple of the play scale rebel starfighters in, and include a blue squadron X-Wing in a similar style to the 2021 one and a red jammer Y-Wing thats scaled down similar to the X-Wing. Second floor has the briefing room, top floor has the ceremony scene. Include a bunch of figures from Rebels, Rogue one and ANH

MBS MTT ($349.99) - Don't think this would work as a big, $700 minifig scale UCS set, but I can definitely see this in a similar fashion to the Sandcrawler. Have it carry and include 40-50 battle droids and give it the option to be motorized (troop bay, option to drive it around). Basically just make it a bigger, better 2007 MTT

MBS Clone Turbo Tank ($399.99) - Similar idea to the MTT. Have it include a little AT-RT and BARC speeder. Also a similar option to motorize it (drive it around, raise the tower, have the guns on the side open), include something like, 10 regular phase II clones, a couple kashyyk clones, a couple wookiee warriors, Gree, Yoda, and if you want to get crazy with it, Bly and Cody

2 minutes ago, necrochasm said:

everyone talking mbs endor bunker and ucs prequel sets but there's a couple mbs sets I really want

MBS Yavin ($449.99) - Think a way bigger Vader castle that opens up similar to the cantina, with the lookout tower beside it. When opened, first floor has a hangar that can fit a couple of the play scale rebel starfighters in, and include a blue squadron X-Wing in a similar style to the 2021 one and a red jammer Y-Wing thats scaled down similar to the X-Wing. Second floor has the briefing room, top floor has the ceremony scene. Include a bunch of figures from Rebels, Rogue one and ANH

MBS MTT ($349.99) - Don't think this would work as a big, $700 minifig scale UCS set, but I can definitely see this in a similar fashion to the Sandcrawler. Have it carry and include 40-50 battle droids and give it the option to be motorized (troop bay, option to drive it around). Basically just make it a bigger, better 2007 MTT

MBS Clone Turbo Tank ($399.99) - Similar idea to the MTT. Have it include a little AT-RT and BARC speeder. Also a similar option to motorize it (drive it around, raise the tower, have the guns on the side open), include something like, 10 regular phase II clones, a couple kashyyk clones, a couple wookiee warriors, Gree, Yoda, and if you want to get crazy with it, Bly and Cody

First off, welcome!

Really good concepts, but not terribly realistic, I'm afraid. I'll break down with my thoughts:

Yavin IV: I think we'd likely see either a downscaled X-Wing or Y-Wing not both. And any version of Yavin would most likely be ANH specific, and Lego usually doesn't cross films (UCS Falcon & Death Stars notwithstanding), so I'd only expect to see figures from ANH. 

A realistic figure selection would be as follows: Princess Leia, General Dodonna, Han Solo, Luke Skywalker (jacket), Chewbacca, C-3PO, R2-D2, Luke Skywalker (pilot), Biggs Darklighter (new visor face & helmet print), Wedge Antilles (Theron Nett head), Garven Dreis (new head), 2 Rebel Crew, 2 Rebel Troopers, 2 Rebel Honor Guard. Medals would be repaints of the Olympic medal, so Yavin Jacket Luke can be used for the comics version.

MTT: No way we'll see so many B1 Battle Droids, but I think 20 would be good. Add in 2 pilots, 2 Droidekas, 2 STAPs, and a couple of Gungans (Jar Jar, Tarpals, and 2 Warriors).

CTT: This would most likely get a UCS proper and not a massive MBS, so not a ton of figures. If they did decide to go this route, here's what I'd expect for the extras: Yoda, Luminara Unduli, Merumeru, Tarfful, Wookie Warrior (with helmet), Commander Gree, 2 Kashyyyk Troopers, AT-RT Driver, 2 B1 Battle Droids, B2 Super Battle Droid, Dwarf Spider Droid, downscaled Tank Droid.

45 minutes ago, Stuartn said:

I think they could be done, the 2016 versions were actually quite good but bizarrely unfinished (open backed or not enough generator sections), and with better integration into the main build, potentially sacrificing a feature like the tauntaun pen, one turret or wampa cave for more parts

Similarly I want the old snowtroopers back too, the action battle set versions were horrendous, the printing was okay, but no backpack or kama

Agree on both points. In my ideal MBS Echo Base, we'd still get the new snowtroops but with the backpacks and kamas of the 2014-16 figures.

24 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

First off, welcome!

Really good concepts, but not terribly realistic, I'm afraid. I'll break down with my thoughts:

Thank you! also I somewhat agree, probably went a bit too far in some places here, so I'll just say what I agree and disagree with here

25 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Yavin IV: I think we'd likely see either a downscaled X-Wing or Y-Wing not both. And any version of Yavin would most likely be ANH specific, and Lego usually doesn't cross films (UCS Falcon & Death Stars notwithstanding), so I'd only expect to see figures from ANH. 

1 starfighter makes more sense, and I would bet on the red jammer, seeing as we have the X-Wing already out and they want you to buy it (obviously)

as for crossing films, I agree we probably wouldn't get Rebels characters, but I can't really agree on no Rogue One figures. You gotta remember, every MBS is based on a location that really only appears in 1 movie (Cloud City, Ewok Village, Mos Eisley), Yavin has a big role in 2. I REALLY struggle to see a Yavin set that doesn't include Bail Organa and Mon Mothma in it (you gotta remember too, Bail was in the Tantive despite being from Rogue One)

Probably mostly ANH with a few R1 figs in there

33 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

MTT: No way we'll see so many B1 Battle Droids, but I think 20 would be good. Add in 2 pilots, 2 Droidekas, 2 STAPs, and a couple of Gungans (Jar Jar, Tarpals, and 2 Warriors).

Definitely agree that including 40-50 battle droids is insane. I was mainly trying to illustrate that it can fit 40-50, but yeah including that is just... unrealistic. I could definitely see them releasing this with a droid battle pack so they can pull a "FILL YOUR MTT" thing

37 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

CTT: This would most likely get a UCS proper and not a massive MBS, so not a ton of figures. If they did decide to go this route, here's what I'd expect for the extras: Yoda, Luminara Unduli, Merumeru, Tarfful, Wookie Warrior (with helmet), Commander Gree, 2 Kashyyyk Troopers, AT-RT Driver, 2 B1 Battle Droids, B2 Super Battle Droid, Dwarf Spider Droid, downscaled Tank Droid.

Completely disagree on it being a UCS. It has a similar issue to the Sandcrawler where it's wayyy too fig to minifig scale it (it would end up like, UCS star destroyer length and taller than the UCS Slave I standing up iirc) and too small to justify making it a downscaled UCS, so like the sandcrawler, it's MBS. For the figures, I agree with making it more Kashyyk based, but I'd include a few more clones than just that. Maybe go from 4 Kashyyk troopers to 6 Kashyyk troopers.

Overall tho, thanks for the input on these. Definitely appreciated

9 minutes ago, necrochasm said:

Thank you! also I somewhat agree, probably went a bit too far in some places here, so I'll just say what I agree and disagree with here

1 starfighter makes more sense, and I would bet on the red jammer, seeing as we have the X-Wing already out and they want you to buy it (obviously)

as for crossing films, I agree we probably wouldn't get Rebels characters, but I can't really agree on no Rogue One figures. You gotta remember, every MBS is based on a location that really only appears in 1 movie (Cloud City, Ewok Village, Mos Eisley), Yavin has a big role in 2. I REALLY struggle to see a Yavin set that doesn't include Bail Organa and Mon Mothma in it (you gotta remember too, Bail was in the Tantive despite being from Rogue One)

Probably mostly ANH with a few R1 figs in there

Definitely agree that including 40-50 battle droids is insane. I was mainly trying to illustrate that it can fit 40-50, but yeah including that is just... unrealistic. I could definitely see them releasing this with a droid battle pack so they can pull a "FILL YOUR MTT" thing

Completely disagree on it being a UCS. It has a similar issue to the Sandcrawler where it's wayyy too fig to minifig scale it (it would end up like, UCS star destroyer length and taller than the UCS Slave I standing up iirc) and too small to justify making it a downscaled UCS, so like the sandcrawler, it's MBS. For the figures, I agree with making it more Kashyyk based, but I'd include a few more clones than just that. Maybe go from 4 Kashyyk troopers to 6 Kashyyk troopers.

Overall tho, thanks for the input on these. Definitely appreciated

Y-Wing would make a lot of sense for Yavin, I do agree. As for RO characters, yes, Bail was in the Tantive IV, so perhaps Mon Mothma could be in a MBS Yavin, but I don't think they'd get too crazy beyond that. After all, Bail was a long-awaited character, and Mon Mothma could fit since she's the leader of the Rebellion. But I wouldn't get my hopes up for any RO specific characters.

Add to the fact that we haven't gotten RO sets since 2017, so I don't see them releasing an MBS with that as a heavy figure base. Long story short: bar Mon Mothma, I don't foresee a Yavin IV set including any RO characters.

Except the Sandcrawler isn't MBS. Only two sets are officially MBS: Cloud City and Mos Eisley. SO, the Sandcrawler is technically still UCS (has the seal and everything). Even so, I think an MBS/UCS Turbo Tank would be bigger than the UCS Sandcrawler. Going with how Lego does it's troop figures (never more than two for some reason, discounting battle packs of course), I suppose they could toss in the 41st Elite Camo Troopers they did back in 2014, but they've been slowly shying away from those. Or, there's always a couple of gunners for the tank proper.

In other thoughts, I had an idea for the special anniversary set for ROTJ (in the vein of the Bespin Duel or Medical Chamber):

Home One Briefing: I'd want to include a few extra figures, though, so here's my lineup: Admiral Ackbar, Mon Mothma, Crix Madine, General Lando, Han Solo, B-Wing Pilot.

8 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Home One Briefing: I'd want to include a few extra figures, though, so here's my lineup: Admiral Ackbar, Mon Mothma, Crix Madine, General Lando, Han Solo, B-Wing Pilot.

Actually I was thinking about that being an 18+ set. I think this one's bound to happen actually. Maybe make it a little bigger than the bespin duel and medical chamber, go $100 on it. At the very least, it would be way better than the weird briefing/hangar one we got in 09

here's another thing I've been thinking too

a bunch of people want a $150 or $160 play scale gunship, but wouldn't the gunship actually work as a downscaled set? Definitely not Slave I style, but more like the X-Wing where it's not that much smaller but it has some of the fat trimmed. Seeing as the gunship is already a little bit too big in the official sets, downsizing a bit would probably work. Also you could easily cut the speeder bike functions and the outposts that I'm pretty sure both had, you'd have more space for minifigs without the speeder bikes too.

Make it CW style with the 2 doors and include a couple pilots, Obi Wan or Anakin, a couple regular p2 clones and a named clone (I'd say either Rex, P2 Cody or Fives) and sell it for like, $100-$120

3 hours ago, necrochasm said:

a bunch of people want a $150 or $160 play scale gunship, but wouldn't the gunship actually work as a downscaled set? Definitely not Slave I style, but more like the X-Wing where it's not that much smaller but it has some of the fat trimmed. Seeing as the gunship is already a little bit too big in the official sets, downsizing a bit would probably work. Also you could easily cut the speeder bike functions and the outposts that I'm pretty sure both had, you'd have more space for minifigs without the speeder bikes too.

That could probably work, though the scale of the gunship is often determined by a few parts such as the turret and cockpit canopies, reverting to the window arrangement in the 2008 ship could assist, as could tightening up the top of the ship, and as you said, doing a CW version, including a Jedi and perhaps two clones and a named clone or clone commander would be an ideal amount of figures, provided they do not abrogate the inclusion of two battle droids, perhaps P2 Cody, one or two Airborne troopers, and a regular P2 pilot would work. Though such a set would be close to impossible to procure! It would be great if TLG created their own pilot in teh style of whatever other figures are included, as they don't mind creating their own pilots or figures for canonical sets, like the conveyex pilot, kashyyyk battle droids and P2 clone gunner

Edited by Stuartn

5 sets I'd like to see in 2022 or 2023 (20 Years of AOTC, 40 Years of ROTJ)

Endor Rebels Battle Pack ($14.99): Ewok catapult, Ewok glider. 2 Rebel Commandos (white & black), Ewok Warrior, Teebo.

Speeder Bike Chase ($29.99): 3 Speeder Bikes, large tree, downed tree base. Princess Leia, Luke Skywalker (Endor Variants), 2 Scout Troopers.

Count Dooku's Solar Sailor ($49.99): Count Dooku, Pilot Droid, Yoda, Clone Trooper.

TIE Interceptor ($39.99): TIE Pilot, Imperial Officer, Stormtrooper

AIrspeeder Pursuit ($59.99): Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Zam Wesell, Jango Fett.

On 7/20/2021 at 9:25 PM, Khargeust said:

The problem is not that it looks like a mosque or not, but that some people put pressure on LEGO under the pretext that it looks like it and can thus prevent the reproduction of this iconic place in LEGO.

It appears that Leia Slave's presence in the set is essential as it is part of the film and its development. I do not see how his presence can cause debate, it is ridiculous. The film does not value slavery, quite the contrary in fact !

Furthermore, I think a complete MBS set based on Jabba's Palace requires Leia to be present in her bounty hunter outfit AND in her metallic bikini, unless this last one is consecrated in the future in an MBS set based on Jabba's barge. But I think I'm dreaming now ...

Like you, I find it hard to see what they could do like MBS apart from Jabba Palace and Endor Bunker, unless they redo the Echo base, as mentioned above, or Ewok village we'll see ...
Like you, I think the Palace would be a set with greater potential for commercial success than the bunker, especially because of the potential variety of figs. But it seems more certain that the next set will be a set on Endor so that two sets based on Tatooine do not follow one another.

Regarding the Brickset poll, although I'm not particularly interested in the prequel, I voted for the Geonosis arena because having grown up with the first Lego Star Wars from 1999 to 2005, I always regretted that a such set was not produced, especially the beasts.

we can at least hope for 1-3 smaller sets at one point. I think it's some time ago that we got a proper prequel location based set right? Was it Yoda vs. Dooku maybe? Other than this only 20-30 dollar duel sets made it.

So instead of a bigger set (hopeless) I'd hope for some kind of duel sets and a battle pack (fitting to the Gunship:

- battle pack: 2 clones, clone pilot, one Jedi - named Jedi or even freakin Jedi Bob. Though I think it would make most sense to put "him" in a book or something.
- two 30€ sets in different waves or a 50-6ß dollar set: at least spider-creature and rhino-like-creature should be easy but cool designs; pillars and maybe Dookus VIP lounge; Obi, Anakin, Padme and they'd have a great excuse to give us desirable characters like Dooku and Jango again. Maybe even Geonosians but we'll never get more than that I think I think.

Jabba's palace:
My arguments logic is more that haters who don't know or care about the source material may not recognize a MBS as mosque or offensive or whatever IF it looks different - due to being closer to the real look with the towers and everything.

But it's vague speculation; it depends on what damage TLG fears and what money they think they'd get out of it. Then again, like this bashing and conspiracy loving youtubers there'll be trolls on the other side of the street waiting to trash Lego because it's depicting old and classic movies.

Slave Leia: we've had not that many sets with alternative versions of characters included (UCS Falcon, Vader's tower and Death Star being among the few). So if ONE Leia is in it I guess it would be unfair to jump at Lego on that choice immediately. Yes her sexualised appearance is an important aspect of the scene but the figure wasn't even in the last palace set. Boba wasn't either. Luke vs. Rancor, pig soldiers, creepy translator, fat slug and carbonite Han are way more essential to the scene. And who know's how future canon will influence the setting.

1 hour ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Slave Leia: we've had not that many sets with alternative versions of characters included (UCS Falcon, Vader's tower and Death Star being among the few). So if ONE Leia is in it I guess it would be unfair to jump at Lego on that choice immediately. Yes her sexualised appearance is an important aspect of the scene but the figure wasn't even in the last palace set. Boba wasn't either. Luke vs. Rancor, pig soldiers, creepy translator, fat slug and carbonite Han are way more essential to the scene. And who know's how future canon will influence the setting.

Politics aside, what's in the film is tangible, and any "future canon" that tries to alter what's in the film (see the Captain Rex discussion earlier) should be ignored. Slave Leia is important to the Jabba scenes (if not the palace specifically) because it's the main outfit we see her in. That said, I do believe the Boushh disguise would be the main choice for the palace, with Slave/Hutt Slayer Leia being the pick for a Khetanna.

I've done some thinking, and here's how I see them doing a Sail Barge MBS:

Battle at the Sarlacc Pit ($349.99): Main build is Jabba's Sail Barge The Khetanna, 2 skiffs, and a Sarlacc pit (bigger than previous renditions, allowing for more figs to be "swallowed". Both skiffs are relatively the same, about the length of the 2012 version, but around 2 studs wider. Open floors on both, with only one of the skiffs having the plank. The Khetanna has Jabba's main chamber, with a piloting station, a kitchen, and a cell. Top deck includes four rail-mounted cannons, and the deck cannon.

Minifigures (21, like both current MBS, plus Jabba & Crumb): Luke Skywalker (Grey tunic), Lando Calrissian (Henchman disguise), Han Solo, Chewbacca, Princess Leia (Bikini), C-3PO, R2-D2, Boba Fett, 2 Gamorrean Guards, Vizam, Ree-Yees, Pagetti Rook, Weequay Skiff Master, Mercenary Pilot, Brock Starsher, Pote Snitkin, Saelt-Marae, Tessek, Kithaba, Klaatu, Jabba the Hutt, Salacious B. Crumb.

My main issue with a Palace MBS isn't cosmetic but rather (surprise, surprise) the minifigure selection. Outside of the central cast, there aren't a ton of memorable faces in the Palace proper, mostly Jabba's "dancing girls". Okay, perhaps I'm a tad facetious, but this is how I see the lineup currently:

7 Heroes: Han Solo (with new Carbonite block), Princess Leia (Boushh), Chewbacca, Lando Calrissian (Henchman disguise), Luke Skywalker (with hood perhaps?), R2-D2, C-3PO.

14 Villains (including associates): Boba Fett, Bib Fortuna, 2 Gamorrean Guards, Oola, Nysad, Wooof, Giran, Jabba the Hutt, Malakili, EV-9D9, Max Rebo, Ak-Rev, B'omarr Monk.

Outside of a select few of Jabba's crew (Fortuna & EV-9D9), many of these aren't exactly remarkable/are interchangeable with my Sail Barge lineup. 

Only problem I have with that line up is there is a lot of redundancy with the background characters. Do we really need four different Nikto characters? Especially Ak-Rev who is among the least memorable of the band members? I'd be happy just sticking with one figure labeled as "Nikto Guard" in favor of getting a bit more character variety.

I think the palace has enough notable characters with the performers. Sy Snootles and Droopy McCool are all you need to complete the original pre-Special Edition Max Rebo Band. In Snootles case she also has the benefit of appearing in The Clone Wars which takes away a lot of the obscurity surrounding her compared to the other background characters.

The trio of Rystall, Greeata and Lyn Me would also add some much needed vibrancy to the palace and could get away without the use of new molds.

@wesker, I'll admit to that. I'd still say at least Nysad & Giran (the latter of which is seen comforting Malakili when the Rancor dies)

I'd be down for throwing out half the lineup if we got the three singers. Only problem with Snootles and Droopy is that they'd probably require really specific molds, hence why I didn't include them, but I'd love to see it happen.

Full disclosure,  BTW, I couldn't find the names of the singers, which is why I left them out the first time...:blush:

@wesker, I'll admit to that. I'd still say at least Nysad & Giran (the latter of which is seen comforting Malakili when the Rancor dies)

I'd be down for throwing out half the lineup if we got the three singers. Only problem with Snootles and Droopy is that they'd probably require really specific molds, hence why I didn't include them, but I'd love to see it happen.

Full disclosure,  BTW, I couldn't find the names of the singers, which is why I left them out the first time...:blush:

The only things I know about the singers is what they look like, as my grandparents got me action figures of them back when I was like, 7, and that the twi'leck one had an unrequited crush on boba fett. That said, they definately add a lot of atmosphere to the scene, and if I remember correctly they weren't slaves (though they were probably in the model node's situation of "yeah we're getting paid but if we try to leave he'll definately kill us"), which means coupled with their alien appearance they could probably get made without the same controversy. (I mean, lego did a whole people pack of swim suit minifigs, so I'm guessing the leia controversy is moreso that she was put in that outfit as a slave, which has a...certain connotation.)

My personal Jabba's palace/barge MBS idea:

Jabba's Palace ($449.99): massive 2500 pc jabba's palace formatted similar to the 2003 version, of a large central area with a tower on each side, and vertically tall (helps avoid that idiotic controversy and allows for the rancor pit. Middle section has a rancor pit on the bottom and jabba's throne room on top with a trapdoor and spot for carbonite han. Left tower has the droid torture room on the bottom, then a staircase leading up to the front gate, then more stairs leading to a guard post. Right tower is the same, except the bottom is a prison and the middle is a small landing with a jukebox like in the games. The Rancor is brick built, and also included is a 2000-ish pc barge with interior kitchen, prison, bar, jabba's viewing area, and deck cannon, along with a sarlacc and skiff. Figures are: Jabba, Crumb, Bib, Boba, 1x bmorr monk, 3x dancing girls, 2x gammorrean, 2x nikto, malaki, EV-9d9, 1x gonk, c-3po, r2, boushh, slave leia, luke, han, lando, chewbacca (chain print), max rebo, 1x gran, 1x ishi tib, 1x quarran, sny snootles, and yakface.