Sign in to follow this  
MKJoshA

General LEGO Star Wars Discussion and Questions

Any opinions on which Zeta Class shuttle MOC is best, Renegade Clone or Brick Vault?

From what I can tell, the main difference is that the Brick Vault version uses power functions to raise and lower the wings. The legs look a bit better on the Brick Vault version but, that should be easy to modify. The Brick Vault version contains over 2,000 more pieces so I'm assuming it's bigger?

On 8/25/2022 at 3:37 PM, Csaba said:

Any opinions on which Zeta Class shuttle MOC is best, Renegade Clone or Brick Vault?

From what I can tell, the main difference is that the Brick Vault version uses power functions to raise and lower the wings. The legs look a bit better on the Brick Vault version but, that should be easy to modify. The Brick Vault version contains over 2,000 more pieces so I'm assuming it's bigger?

It does look to be a log bigger to me. I think the front windows look better on the brick vault but I prefer the overall look of the regenade clone. Which is cheaper and the parts will be cheaper too as it has less of them and no power functions.

Now for question of my own.

How likely do we think it is that the next system gunship will have the fully enclosed sliding exterior doors?

9 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

It does look to be a log bigger to me. I think the front windows look better on the brick vault but I prefer the overall look of the regenade clone. Which is cheaper and the parts will be cheaper too as it has less of them and no power functions.

Found the dimensions for Renegade Clone's version in this thread. Comparing the values to those given on Brick Vault's website indicates that the BV version is larger.

Hey!

Have a question, maybe someone can help me.

My friend asked me, to build him Ahsoka's curved Lightsaber.

And I ran out of options, how to curve that little. Any suggestion? 

image.png.1773ab97f1b29ef129cde10be0d5dbc7.png

I know this Brickmaster alt-build came out a long time ago, but I don't suppose anyone has the instructions saved somewhere? I've tried Wayback and it hasn't got the file.

12629169725_206819e3f3_b.jpg

Has anyone here built Jhae's Gunships?

I'm considering getting the instructions and I'm interested in opinions on the build experience and how sturdy the finished product is.

Edited by Csaba

Question for my fellow Dutchies...

Has anyone found the LEGO Star Wars magazine with the Bo-Katan polybag in it?
It was supposed to come out starting January 28th, but I haven't seen it anywhere, yet...
Though today I did see other new LEGO magazines such as City and Super Heroes :sceptic:

Regards,
Mitch

52 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Question for my fellow Dutchies...

Has anyone found the LEGO Star Wars magazine with the Bo-Katan polybag in it?
It was supposed to come out starting January 28th, but I haven't seen it anywhere, yet...
Though today I did see other new LEGO magazines such as City and Super Heroes :sceptic:

Regards,
Mitch

I bought it a couple of weeks ago in the UK.

Question for everyone, which would you say is the better set, the Jedi Starfighter that was just released or the N-1 Starfighter? To be more specific, I'm looking for which is more swooshable and has the more interesting build.

6 minutes ago, Fulcrumfan91 said:

Question for everyone, which would you say is the better set, the Jedi Starfighter that was just released or the N-1 Starfighter? To be more specific, I'm looking for which is more swooshable and has the more interesting build.

Hmmm. I think the new N-1 is pretty overpriced, but in terms of being interesting and swooshable, I think the N-1 cinches an easy win.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Hmmm. I think the new N-1 is pretty overpriced, but in terms of being interesting and swooshable, I think the N-1 cinches an easy win.

Hah I was also leaning towards that one more. I also have a lot of nostalgia associated with the N-1, it was one of my first Lego SW sets back in 1999. I'll probably go for it then! Thanks!

I’d say that the Jedi Starfighter is a better value and build (and all of the figures are currently exclusive, versus the Din Djarin face, Peli and the BD droid in the N-1) but if you can find a good deal on the N-1 and have the pieces to make some modifications to it like I did with mine, I’d go with that one. I regretfully paid full price for mine, but I still had a really fun time modifying it.

Edited by The Stud

The N-1 being significantly oversized works to its benefit because modifying the set to be smaller and more swooshable is significantly easier than getting something undersized and having to scale it up. First thing I did after building the set was rebuilding it to be smaller, and outside of a piece or two, I only used what was already included in the set.

Have to say Obi-Wan’s Delta-7 is a great set too though. It’s not perfect, to this day I don’t think Lego have adequately nailed the compact and nimble profile of these Jedi Starfighters, but it’s certainly a solid set.  

Yeah my one real issue with the N-1 is that booster engine underneath and how badly built it is (it just comes off easily) but I feel like that's an easy fix, otherwise I dig the set

Edited by Fulcrumfan91

I will say, if you're looking for the N-1, if you have Costco, some people have managed to find that there for like $25-30, which is kind of an insane deal (even though the set probably should've only retailed for like $40-45 to begin with).  Not sure if that deal still exists, but if you're looking at the N-1, could be worth checking for that.

9 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

I will say, if you're looking for the N-1, if you have Costco, some people have managed to find that there for like $25-30, which is kind of an insane deal (even though the set probably should've only retailed for like $40-45 to begin with).  Not sure if that deal still exists, but if you're looking at the N-1, could be worth checking for that.

I'll defs check it out! Thanks!

Was wondering if anyone had suggestions/advice or possibly even knew the answer to this:

I didn't love Bad Batch Season 1, just though it was kinda meh overall, so I wasn't particularly inclined to buy a $100 set just to get the Bad Batch minifigures.

Season 2 came out and I've been liking it a lot more to where I've been thinking "Hm, it would be cool to have the minifigures," especially as I'm concerned this will get the Rebels treatment of "sets during the run of the show and then literally nothing ever again" except I'm not even sure if we'd get anything after the Justifier retires.

Of course, I made this decision three months after the Bad Batch shuttle retired.  I've scoured basically every site I can find, and nowhere seems to have it in stock, whether it's a big box retailer or smaller toy store (and believe me, I've checked websites for probably 50+ toy stores around the US, and somehow almost every single one still has some retired LEGO, but not a single one has the shuttle).  I've got a few toy stores locally that I might check, because none have websites, but I can't remember if I've ever seen them selling large sets like that.

I'm happy to pay retail price, I just don't want to pay eBay/Bricklink prices, which are now $120-140 (plus shipping).  Does anyone know of any stores in the US that might still sell it where I could order from?  Or even any LEGO-specific toy stores online that might still have it in stock?  I've checked a couple that I know of, but none had it.

3 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

I'm happy to pay retail price, I just don't want to pay eBay/Bricklink prices, which are now $120-140 (plus shipping).  Does anyone know of any stores in the US that might still sell it where I could order from?  Or even any LEGO-specific toy stores online that might still have it in stock?  I've checked a couple that I know of, but none had it.

You're probably outta luck, but I think your best bet is Barnes and Noble. I've seen it in stock after retirement, but I haven't checked in a while

5 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Was wondering if anyone had suggestions/advice or possibly even knew the answer to this:

The smaller or more obscure the store, the better your odds. Alternatively, you might want to check Facebook Marketplace. Some friends of mine use it, and I've seen them pull absurd deals (Sealed Dagobah Training diorama for $60, sealed UCS gunship for... I want to say $250?, etc)

On 3/23/2023 at 2:05 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

The smaller or more obscure the store, the better your odds. Alternatively, you might want to check Facebook Marketplace. Some friends of mine use it, and I've seen them pull absurd deals (Sealed Dagobah Training diorama for $60, sealed UCS gunship for... I want to say $250?, etc)

Whilst I have had some good deals there, this October I bought a Tower of Orthanc that they were gonna post to me, and I never received it. So you gotta be careful with marketplace, I mean I was trying to be careful anyway but sometimes sh\t happens sadly.

So, with this Commander Fox leak going around, there's accompanying image that of a videogame version of it, and what I'm wondering, is...
Where does that image come from, and does it actually mean Commander Fox is slated to appear in LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, some time from now?

Thanks for any replies :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

17 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

So, with this Commander Fox leak going around, there's accompanying image that of a videogame version of it, and what I'm wondering, is...
Where does that image come from, and does it actually mean Commander Fox is slated to appear in LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, some time from now?

Thanks for any replies :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

I'm not gonna lie I literally own the game and thought he already was in it, but I can't find anything online. From what I can find on the instagram posts it looks like maybe it's future DLC for the game or something? He isn't in the existing TCW DLC.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

I'm pretty sure the Fox render is from a mobile game, not TSS. I'm not sure which one though.