Sign in to follow this  
MKJoshA

General LEGO Star Wars Discussion and Questions

Are the 2022 clone troopers and Hoth rebel battle packs a Lego store/website exclusive, or are they being sold at regular retail stores (Walmart, Toys-R-us, Target, etc)?

1 hour ago, Wolfpackfan99 said:

Are the 2022 clone troopers and Hoth rebel battle packs a Lego store/website exclusive, or are they being sold at regular retail stores (Walmart, Toys-R-us, Target, etc)?

They're just at Lego stores and Lego.com unfortunately 

On 2/12/2022 at 1:50 AM, Wolfpackfan99 said:

Defense of Hoth is is a Lego store/website exclusive, Snowtrooper Battle Pack is at multiple retailers.

Edited by Csaba

Hello there :-) it there somebody, who can help me with leg mod stability of AT-AT 75288? I wrote message on this post AT-AT 75288 leg mod for more stability, but I didnt have any answer yet. My 8years old son is so sad :-( thank you so much.

Tereza

I have not been buying stuff on bricklink for almost a year and have not really checked prices on some figures and stuff for even longer, except for a few new ones I havent bought but damned prices have gone up. I started to collect lego star wars end of 2014 and have since bought 95 % of what was released before and what has been released sense. but damn... To start collecting today will require a fortune, in my case since I have somehow a bit below avarage income in Sweden I would probably never get a complete minifigure collection. Just checked for example the price of Finch Dallow. Cannot say anything else then, damn again....

20 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

I have not been buying stuff on bricklink for almost a year and have not really checked prices on some figures and stuff for even longer, except for a few new ones I havent bought but damned prices have gone up. I started to collect lego star wars end of 2014 and have since bought 95 % of what was released before and what has been released sense. but damn... To start collecting today will require a fortune, in my case since I have somehow a bit below avarage income in Sweden I would probably never get a complete minifigure collection. Just checked for example the price of Finch Dallow. Cannot say anything else then, damn again....

Yeah, a couple news agencies have been reporting on how Lego is such a good investment, so that may have something to do with it. Hopefully the bubble will burst soon, but I doubt it will ever go back to what it was

8 minutes ago, ForgedInLego said:

Yeah, a couple news agencies have been reporting on how Lego is such a good investment, so that may have something to do with it. Hopefully the bubble will burst soon, but I doubt it will ever go back to what it was

Yeah I mean I dont collect for investment, it just makes me feel twisted when a piece, set or figure increase too much in value because it makes me hesitate wheather I should sell it or not just because it has become a lot of money. 

Aside from my original 1999/2000 childhood collection at my parents' house, I only have a few SW sets now. But I've been looking at the 2019 Millennium Falcon. While I love the sequel trilogy more than most, I definitely would prefer the original crew to the Rise of Skywalker. So, I'm trying to decide whether to buy 75257 or if I should wait and hope that eventually it will be retired and replaced with a system-scale original trilogy version of the Falcon. Curious what you all think of that happening?

41 minutes ago, nicknack116 said:

Aside from my original 1999/2000 childhood collection at my parents' house, I only have a few SW sets now. But I've been looking at the 2019 Millennium Falcon. While I love the sequel trilogy more than most, I definitely would prefer the original crew to the Rise of Skywalker. So, I'm trying to decide whether to buy 75257 or if I should wait and hope that eventually it will be retired and replaced with a system-scale original trilogy version of the Falcon. Curious what you all think of that happening?

Depends on how long you feel you can wait. I'd be extremely surprised if we didn't get one by august 2023. Although the 2019 falcon figures include some pretty pricey ones, so you might be able to find the 2019 falcon cheaper without figures and buy the OT crew separately, or buy the 2019 falcon and sell the figures to get some money back.

49 minutes ago, nicknack116 said:

That's a good question. TROS Millennium Falcon has stuck around for a while and will likely retire this year. The cynical part of me wants to say that we'll just get a new one next summer but I'm not 100% convinced that that will be the case. The last three System-scale Falcons have all been tied to new content (TFA, Solo and TROS respectively) and there doesn't seem to be a lot of new content for the Falcon to show up in over the next few years, besides the Lando series if that goes into production eventually. The next time we get a Falcon, it will likely be an OT specific set.

It just depends how much room there is in the next few summer/fall waves for Lego to make such a big set based on the older movies with so much new content coming out. Lego will most likely already be making sets for The Mandalorian, Ahsoka, The Acolyte, The Bad Batch, Andor and possibly more "spoilery" Kenobi sets in 2023, and I think we'll also get at least one minifigure scaled Fallen Order set since they're already making BD-1 this year. Not to mention Rogue Squadron if that doesn't get delayed (it probably will be though since it hasn't gone into production yet) which will probably take up an entire wave, or at least most of a wave, by itself. There's just a lot and since Lego has been doing such a good job covering the new Star Wars releases so far, it's kind of hard to tell when we'll get more sets based on older content. 

I'm sure Lego won't wait too long to release a new version of one of the most profitable Star Wars ships though. In spite of what I've been saying, I could still possibly see us getting one next summer and maybe they could even tie it in with the 40th Anniversary of Return of the Jedi like they did with the 2020 AT-AT. That would give us some interesting figures at least, like Nien Nunb, whereas all the ANH versions of the main crew are pretty common at the moment. Speaking of which, I think you'd be fine just getting TROS version and just Bricklinking those figures if you want the OT crew. TROS version of the Falcon is pretty identical to the OT and you might be able to make some of your money back if you wanted to sell off those old man Lando and Boolio figures. You'd be getting the best non-UCS version of the ship as well. It's all up to you though; waiting for Lego to release certain sets in the near future can be a gamble. 

Edited by The Stud

Also, the TROS Falcon is on sale for $130 from Walmart right now, so that's probably the cheapest price you'll see for it for a while. (Plus the cost of the extra figures for the ANH crew.)

10 minutes ago, icm said:

the TROS Falcon is on sale for $130 from Walmart right now

That's what's prompted this for me, as it seems like a good deal!

19 minutes ago, The Stud said:

It's all up to you though; waiting for Lego to release certain sets in the near future can be a gamble.

Thanks for all the insight, that's all super helpful. I agree. While the Falcon is popular, I hesitate to assume another Falcon would immediately be on the way, and I never like speculating on what could maybe happen vs. what's available. Thanks!

John Lewis UK has 20% off on 75252 ISD. £491 the won’t hang around at that price

On 4/5/2022 at 9:01 PM, nicknack116 said:

I think we will get a new Falcon next summer, broadly similar to the 2019 one but OT-based and with the new City space cockpit pieces instead of the larger cones. Purely speculation though, in fact I thought we would wind up getting an ESB one this year before we received the summer set list. 

So I've been playing through LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, and--like most LEGO games--it has made me wistful for the number of characters/locations/ships that TLG still hasn't produced in physical form (or hasn't updated in the last decade). 

My favorites so far:
- General Leia Organa from The Last Jedi
- Banthas and Rontos that aren't brick-built
- Zam Wesell and her speeder
- Death Star Microfighter
- Canto Bight (with Fathiers!)
- Anything to do with Naboo
- Podracers that don't belong to Anakin
- Babu Frik 

Has anyone else played the game yet, and are there any specific characters/locations/ships you would love to see in physical form?

12 minutes ago, jjr_2009 said:

So I've been playing through LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, and--like most LEGO games--it has made me wistful for the number of characters/locations/ships that TLG still hasn't produced in physical form (or hasn't updated in the last decade). 

My favorites so far:
- General Leia Organa from The Last Jedi
- Banthas and Rontos that aren't brick-built
- Zam Wesell and her speeder
- Death Star Microfighter
- Canto Bight (with Fathiers!)
- Anything to do with Naboo
- Podracers that don't belong to Anakin
- Babu Frik 

Has anyone else played the game yet, and are there any specific characters/locations/ships you would love to see in physical form?

I agree with all of this. There’s not too many more film-based sets I’m worried about at this point, but the Coruscant Speeder Chase is definitely one of them.

I’d also add more of Padme’s various outfits from the game to your list. She’s a massively underserved character, both in Lego form and actual story content. We still haven’t gotten her handmaiden outfit, Battle of Naboo outfit, her Episode 2 Senate dress, her Episode 2 Tatooine outfit, an unripped version of her Geonosis outfit, or any of her outfits from ROTS. We haven’t gotten a Queen Amidala figure in a while either.

3 hours ago, The Stud said:

I agree with all of this. There’s not too many more film-based sets I’m worried about at this point, but the Coruscant Speeder Chase is definitely one of them.

I’d also add more of Padme’s various outfits from the game to your list. She’s a massively underserved character, both in Lego form and actual story content. We still haven’t gotten her handmaiden outfit, Battle of Naboo outfit, her Episode 2 Senate dress, her Episode 2 Tatooine outfit, an unripped version of her Geonosis outfit, or any of her outfits from ROTS. We haven’t gotten a Queen Amidala figure in a while either.

Yes! The game features a number of Padme's costume changes (but certainly not all of them). I think it's crazy that TLG still hasn't made a minifigure of Padme in the clothes she wears during the Battle of Naboo in The Phantom Menace. It's a simple costume and wouldn't require any new molds--and there are a number of vehicles/vignettes she could easily be included with.

And yes, I would love to see Queen Amidala in a set again--even if it's just a rerelease of the excellent figure included with the Gungan sub 10 years ago.

I've just started playing around with designing sets using Studio. So far, all I've managed is the Tantive IV hallway. Does anyone have any recommendations for simple builds that will help to develop my skill with the software? Could be a diorama, ship, or anything really.

3 hours ago, Csaba said:

I've just started playing around with designing sets using Studio. So far, all I've managed is the Tantive IV hallway. Does anyone have any recommendations for simple builds that will help to develop my skill with the software? Could be a diorama, ship, or anything really.

I think recreating an official set in Studio is a great way to get comfortable with the software, but I haven't done much designing in Studio. I usually build things IRL first, and then rebuild them in the software

4 hours ago, Csaba said:

Hi! I've used Stud.io for around 4 years now. I started off trying to design rebel ships (this did not go well), but the real kick-up of my design skill started when I tried "modernizing" battle packs. From there, I did some microfighters and smaller sets, leading into larger sets and full set "waves".

As an example, in the spoiler I have two of my first stud.io mocs, and then two of my more recent ones:

Spoiler

Screen%20Shot%202020-04-29%20at%2010.21.

mandoduel.jpg

Stinger%20Mantis%20Front.png

AT-TE2.png

YavinIV1.png

On 5/17/2022 at 10:07 PM, ForgedInLego said:

I think recreating an official set in Studio is a great way to get comfortable with the software, but I haven't done much designing in Studio. I usually build things IRL first, and then rebuild them in the software

On 5/17/2022 at 11:01 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Hi! I've used Stud.io for around 4 years now. I started off trying to design rebel ships (this did not go well), but the real kick-up of my design skill started when I tried "modernizing" battle packs. From there, I did some microfighters and smaller sets, leading into larger sets and full set "waves".

As an example, in the spoiler I have two of my first stud.io mocs, and then two of my more recent ones:

Reveal hidden contents

Screen%20Shot%202020-04-29%20at%2010.21.

mandoduel.jpg

Stinger%20Mantis%20Front.png

AT-TE2.png

YavinIV1.png

Thanks for the suggestions. Recreating official sets is an obvious suggestion that I hadn't considered before.

As a reminder, please don't talk about the Obi-Wan show until others have a chance to watch the episode. I'm going to shorten the time to 1 week. Please use spoiler tags or better yet, don't talk about the newest episode for 1 week after it drops.

Hi 

I’m normally on the HP server, so I’m not quite sure if this is the right server to post this question. I just had a question for any Australians here.

I’m am wanting to purchase 2 of the new sets. The obi wan star-fighter and the inquisitor ship. I know that Lego’s prices are going to increase in august, which is also the month that they come out. Should I preorder the sets before they go up in price or should I wait until they get into Kmart and get discounted. The Kmart discount is inconsistent, but would be significant for the latter set. 
I’m not sure what the best option is, hopefully some of your experience will be helpful. 

I keep getting emails telling me my BD-1 pre-order is in warehouse. I've had three in as many days, each time starting by telling me it may be delayed, and that it's also too late to cancel. Was it put in warehouse three days ago, when I got the first email? Is it in warehouse today?