Sign in to follow this  
MKJoshA

General LEGO Star Wars Discussion and Questions

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

Selling the entirety of my Lego Star Wars collection very soon. Which site is best to do this? 

ebay has additional costs, as does Bricklink but at a far lower percentage of the sale (and I am less familiar with its security/seller policy/protection) 

Are there any other reliable ones? 

Thanks all. 

Hi, I've sold on bricklink for about 3 years, it's pretty safe and you'll definately make more than on ebay. The main drawback for you is you'd have to list your lot individually into sets, figures, and/or parts instead of just taking a picture of the collection and dropping it on ebay. It's ultimately a question of whether it's more important for you to get more money from it, or get it out of your house with less time and effort.

Sad to hear you're dropping the collection, though. What happened?

For anyone in the uk, on amazon, the 501st set is on discount down to 18.49, but also carries a discount voucher with a further 3.26 off... Bringing the set essentially down to £15. Absolute bargain and well worth getting, unlikely to be that low again. 

Just ensure to select free shipping! (default is selected as costing 4.99)

Edited by Fuppylodders

For me the discount code doesn’t actually take anything off at checkout but still happy to get another set for £18

Just building the first set to ever put me in rage mode :damn: It's the UCS X-Wing from 2013. If you happen to own that set, you probably know where this is going. I managed to **** up the main windscreen sticker so badly I have to get a replacement part as the awful sticker residue is impossible to remove. Luckily, my copy included two sticker sheets by some miracle, but the same cannot be said for the windscreen piece :angry: You don't usually see me complaining about stickers, but I'll make an exception in this case ARGHJHHHH

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Just building the first set to ever put me in rage mode :damn: It's the UCS X-Wing from 2013. If you happen to own that set, you probably know where this is going. I managed to **** up the main windscreen sticker so badly I have to get a replacement part as the awful sticker residue is impossible to remove. Luckily, my copy included two sticker sheets by some miracle, but the same cannot be said for the windscreen piece :angry: You don't usually see me complaining about stickers, but I'll make an exception in this case ARGHJHHHH

The UCS X-wing needs a remake, IMO, that set didn't age well at all. 
I'm also not the type of guy to complain about stickers in general, but the UCS sets really should have prints instead. If you're marketing them as 18+, high quality collecter's items...you shouldn't have them apply stickers like a 7 year old.

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm also not the type of guy to complain about stickers in general, but the UCS sets really should have prints instead. If you're marketing them as 18+, high quality collecter's items...you shouldn't have them apply stickers like a 7 year old.

Agreed, although I think windscreens in general should be printed in all sets as they're the first thing the eye is drawn to, and messing that up will ruin the whole look of the ship (even more so with big and/or curved pieces, which windscreens often are). Thankfully this seems to be a thing of the past as I can't remember the last time I had to put stickers on a windscreen... Maybe the UCS snowspeeder?

1 hour ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Thankfully this seems to be a thing of the past as I can't remember the last time I had to put stickers on a windscreen... Maybe the UCS snowspeeder?

True, it‘s a rare sight, luckily :grin: What I don‘t get about the X-Wing‘s stickers is why they even need to cover the transparent parts as well. Wouldn‘t just a frame have made A LOT more sense? Sure, they never really did that (probably because it would be a bit finnicky to put on), but at least one mistake wouldn‘t ruin the whole thing. Seriously, one mistake and it‘s over :angry: Granted, I tried to put them on like every other sticker, so next time I will follow the technique explained in the instruction booklet. I didn‘t want to cut up the sheet, but looks like I have to.

Btw, I found out while buying a replacement windscreen on Bricklink (and of course it was expensive as all hell) that all copies of the set included two copies of that sticker sheet. They must‘ve known :laugh_hard: Not much of a consolation if you have to buy an expensive replacement part 

On 11/5/2021 at 10:25 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Anyone have any good suggestions of retired sets (not too expensive) for me to get...totally other people and not just myself....for christmas this year?

I'm looking at buying the Vader's TIE Advanced vs. A-Wing Starfighter (75150) set from Bricklink.
It seems like a decent price at £105 & I've wanted a Tie Advanced for a very long time.

On 11/15/2021 at 3:33 PM, Sarah_H7744 said:

I'm looking at buying the Vader's TIE Advanced vs. A-Wing Starfighter (75150) set from Bricklink.
It seems like a decent price at £105 & I've wanted a Tie Advanced for a very long time.

It's a fantastic set. Buying it actually inspired me to build a Trench run to put it in!

16 minutes ago, SquirrelArmy said:

It's a fantastic set. Buying it actually inspired me to build a Trench run to put it in!

Wow, that's really good! :classic:

I bought the set of course & it arrived earlier today. I'm looking forward to start building this evening.

I just saw the pictures for the new Monkie Kid sets. 80031 looks to have a huge spring - loaded shooter in the front. I wonder if that could ever be produced in a set in red or blue and used in a UCS set as a sort of play function. I know that the UCS line is display - first but it would be pretty cool to see that in something like a Dreadnought.

So 10,000 chrome 3-PO's were made and 10,000 chrome Vaders were made. While neither set is cheap these days, C-3PO is in a league of his own on the value scale. Any idea why C-3PO is  3-4 times more expensive? My best guess is that more demand due to C-3PO actually being chrome in universe, I know he's 2 years older but he's been more expensive than Vader currently is for a very long time.

3 minutes ago, Archer said:

So 10,000 chrome 3-PO's were made and 10,000 chrome Vaders were made. While neither set is cheap these days, C-3PO is in a league of his own on the value scale. Any idea why C-3PO is  3-4 times more expensive? My best guess is that more demand due to C-3PO actually being chrome in universe, I know he's 2 years older but he's been more expensive than Vader currently is for a very long time.

I think it’s because Chrome 3-PO wasn’t sold, he was randomly distributed across the 2007 set range if I remember correctly. Chrome Vader on the other hand was sold as a regular polybag

Just now, BrickBob Studpants said:

I think it’s because Chrome 3-PO wasn’t sold, he was randomly distributed across the 2007 set range if I remember correctly. Chrome Vader on the other hand was sold as a regular polybag

I see, I was under the impression Vader was done that way too, but if he wasn't that makes sense.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

I see, I was under the impression Vader was done that way too, but if he wasn't that makes sense.

Actually, you’re right, I’ve looked it up on brickset. Chrome Vader was distributed the exact same way in the exact same capacity, so I have no idea why one’s so much more expensive than the other. I mean, they were just two years apart :wacko: 

I could easily afford the Vader polybag back in the day on bricklink (which is why I thought it was sold rather than randomly distributed), but the 3PO one was always beyond what I’d be willing to pay, even back then :shrug_confused:

I think it comes down to basic desirability. C-3PO is supposed to be shiny and metallic, so a chrome mining makes a lot of sense from a display perspective. A chrome Vader, on the other hand, is little more than a novelty item. Sure, if Vader had been limited to 1,000 rather than 10,000, the price for it would be through the roof no matter what it looked like... but all else being equal, there are plenty of people out there with a dozen C-3POs displayed in various scenes, who would love to swap them all out for a more movie-accurate chrome version of the figure... the same cannot be said of a chrome Vader.

Edited by jdubbs

3 hours ago, jdubbs said:

I think it comes down to basic desirability. C-3PO is supposed to be shiny and metallic, so a chrome mining makes a lot of sense from a display perspective. A chrome Vader, on the other hand, is little more than a novelty item. Sure, if Vader had been limited to 1,000 rather than 10,000, the price for it would be through the roof no matter what it looked like... but all else being equal, there are plenty of people out there with a dozen C-3POs displayed in various scenes, who would love to swap them all out for a more movie-accurate chrome version of the figure... the same cannot be said of a chrome Vader.

I am sure those people would much rather buy a custom chrome 3PO with updated printing, though. Surely, it must be collectors driving up the value. I can't say I have a better explanation for the price difference, though. Yes, 3PO is chrome in-universe, but Vader is one of the most iconic movie villains ever.

What is even crazier is that the original Cloud City Boba Fett has far surpassed 3PO by now. I would expect there to be more than 10,000 of him. However, Boba Fett is extremely popular, and several of those figs are likely worn from playwear by now. Still, it is crazy how much he has surpassed the original Jango, which one would imagine would have a similar value.

Suffice it to say, the market sometimes behaves in unexpected ways, which can make it hard to prioritize appropriately for collectors.

Are the 501st AT-RT and BARC Speeder approximately to the same scale as the UCS Gunship? I know they're all very oversized, but I want to do a display and don't want them to look too out of place

Calling all AT-AT purchasers! My death star sold, and I am now in possession of a large quantity of gold studs, so to speak. I'm ready to pull the trigger, but I want to make sure it's as good as I've heard. (If I don't get this, I'll get the daily bugle, system at-at, and bricklink a system at-te) I know there's some minor issue with a bit of the assembly not being able to be taken apart (which isn't a huge deal to me especially since it sounds like they're working on a patch), do you guys recommend it?

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Calling all AT-AT purchasers! My death star sold, and I am now in possession of a large quantity of gold studs, so to speak. I'm ready to pull the trigger, but I want to make sure it's as good as I've heard. (If I don't get this, I'll get the daily bugle, system at-at, and bricklink a system at-te) I know there's some minor issue with a bit of the assembly not being able to be taken apart (which isn't a huge deal to me especially since it sounds like they're working on a patch), do you guys recommend it?

Yes its worth it - enjoying building mine out.

I contacted lego about the "issue" that everyone's "drama-ing" over - Lego is investigating the issue with their quality team - which inferrs they will likely follow up.

When I assembled the bit everyone's pointing too - I let a tiny bit of the shaft sticking out to allow me to pull apart with tweezers - so far so good.

Considering the fact they are out of stock in many areas - I suggest snapping one up if your able too.

Its ultimately up to you. Happy to send pics if you have questions about the issue as I've been documenting/etc.

(Take a peak at the AT-AT issues thread and see the last few posts where I posted the response from Lego - take everything you read with a grain of salt - its not really that big of a deal honestly)

Edited by Kage Goomba

On 12/1/2021 at 12:19 AM, Gremer2 said:

Are the 501st AT-RT and BARC Speeder approximately to the same scale as the UCS Gunship? I know they're all very oversized, but I want to do a display and don't want them to look too out of place

This is an interesting question that hadn't occurred to me. It turns out that yes, they roughly are--they're all right around 1:23.

1 hour ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

This is an interesting question that hadn't occurred to me. It turns out that yes, they roughly are--they're all right around 1:23.

Odds are good since I can stick a minifig comfortably in the pilots seat on my gunship.