Sign in to follow this  
MKJoshA

General LEGO Star Wars Discussion and Questions

Hi!

I'm currently building the huge and beautiful 75192 Millenium Falcon, but after finishing with the step 1 bags, I am a little worried because, I have two technic pins as spare parts. Maybe it is because there are dozens of them through this steps, but It feels strange to have two spares of the same part. I have been following the manual thoroughly, always taking the parts of each step before starting the build, but I don't know, failing is easy for us humans.

Does anyone remember if he/she had two technic pins as spare parts in the bags from the step 1?

Thank you very much.

41 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Does anyone know how to cancel the bad batch shuttle pre-order?

Hello,

Never had to do this myself, but I recall seeing somewhere on a thread here (don't ask me when), that you need to call Lego Customer Service directly with your order number, etc.

Sorry, I know that is perhaps not the greatest help.  Take it for what it is worth.

Cheers :)

46 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Does anyone know how to cancel the bad batch shuttle pre-order?

You can send an email with your order number and ask for it to be cancelled

I'm considering Bricklinking 10212. I've already got 75094 and most of the more expensive parts (except the stickers :( ). Would you all recommend it? I've always liked 10212, but it really looks kind of dated now.

I'm also concerned about long-term yellowing. Is there any way to prevent it?

Edited by Gremer2

41 minutes ago, Gremer2 said:

I'm also concerned about long-term yellowing. Is there any way to prevent it?

It is possible to un-yellow white parts, using (I think) hydrogen peroxide and/or bleach. I've never done it myself and don't know much about it but I'm pretty sure I saw someone on this forum doing something similar.

11 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

It is possible to un-yellow white parts, using (I think) hydrogen peroxide and/or bleach. I've never done it myself and don't know much about it but I'm pretty sure I saw someone on this forum doing something similar.

Jang has a video on the subject:

I'd heard about using peroxide to unyellow bricks. Is there a way to stop them from yellowing in the first place or is just an inevitability?

1 hour ago, Gremer2 said:

I'd heard about using peroxide to unyellow bricks. Is there a way to stop them from yellowing in the first place or is just an inevitability?

Keep them away from sunlight, heat and moisture will help a lot. They'll age, like everything else. If you can limit exposure to the above, that will go a long way in extending the life of your parts. 

I'm not really sure what to think of it yet, but looking at Star Wars Visions do we think Lego will make anything for it?

Edited by Agent Kallus

20 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

I'm not really sure what to think of it yet, but looking at Star Wars Visions do we think Lego will make anything for it?

No. It's confirmed non canon, very experimental, and seems pretty crazy (There's some guy riding the nose of an x-wing? Absolutely badass, but definately non-canon).

Edited by Mandalorianknight

So, my 75021 is fairly yellowed and I'm planning to scrap it for parts with the UCS version coming out. What Star Wars ships work better with yellowed parts, if any?

2 hours ago, Gremer2 said:

So, my 75021 is fairly yellowed and I'm planning to scrap it for parts with the UCS version coming out. What Star Wars ships work better with yellowed parts, if any?

Pretty much any rebel ships, I guess - X-wings, Y-wings, blockade runners, snowspeeders, anything with weathering basically. Could work on the Ghost and either of the Phantoms as well, or the Falcon in Kessel Run trim.

I wnet to my local lego shop to buy a Bad Batch Shuttle, and becasue of the annoying new(ish) VIP reworks i had points cashed in to spend in a physical store.

The shuttle had sold out, now I had guessed it might sell out near launch, but I had naively assumed that it'd be back in stock by now, which of course it was not. And a shop person I asked told me that all the lego shops in the country (uk) are outta stock of this set, and they don't expect to get any more till the end of august. 

So my questions are these.

1- Is there anyway to uncash in vip points, like say 'I don't wanna spend em in a brick un' mortar store no more,  spend em online insteadyor is that not possible? I'm fine either way but if I can unspend them I will.

2- Is there a way to know more precisely when they're expecting new stock?

12 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

I wnet to my local lego shop to buy a Bad Batch Shuttle, and becasue of the annoying new(ish) VIP reworks i had points cashed in to spend in a physical store.

The shuttle had sold out, now I had guessed it might sell out near launch, but I had naively assumed that it'd be back in stock by now, which of course it was not. And a shop person I asked told me that all the lego shops in the country (uk) are outta stock of this set, and they don't expect to get any more till the end of august. 

So my questions are these.

1- Is there anyway to uncash in vip points, like say 'I don't wanna spend em in a brick un' mortar store no more,  spend em online insteadyor is that not possible? I'm fine either way but if I can unspend them I will.

2- Is there a way to know more precisely when they're expecting new stock?

1. Quick chat with customer service via chat or phone & they'll "refund" the points to your account. No problem.

2. Restocking not so easy to answer. As you'll only get a generic response from Customer Service/ store. For bricks and mortar store a quick phone call to the branch before making the trip is obvious but sometimes overlooked advice.

Bad batch Shuttle is still widely available at other retailers but assume you wish to purchase via LEGO to cash in points. 

3 hours ago, Brickbashbosh said:

1. Quick chat with customer service via chat or phone & they'll "refund" the points to your account. No problem.

2. Restocking not so easy to answer. As you'll only get a generic response from Customer Service/ store. For bricks and mortar store a quick phone call to the branch before making the trip is obvious but sometimes overlooked advice.

Bad batch Shuttle is still widely available at other retailers but assume you wish to purchase via LEGO to cash in points. 

I've ordered it at Argos now, thanks for the help, I'll see about refunding my points later, now that I know what to do.

Is the Finch Dallow thing real? saw the fake mag posted with comments saying its going for up to $500 but hard to tell if that is the sealed fig in the full set or the one most got direct from lego.com customer service, anyone know if that is valuable and what new versus used means for this fig?

4 hours ago, cyberrage said:

Is the Finch Dallow thing real? saw the fake mag posted with comments saying its going for up to $500 but hard to tell if that is the sealed fig in the full set or the one most got direct from lego.com customer service, anyone know if that is valuable and what new versus used means for this fig?

As you say the polybag thing on a magazine was a fake & someone just someone being "funny"

On LEGO groups here in UK, Finch is changing hands at £380-£400 on his own.

There are far more of him out of the box than in actual sets as the set was discontinued within a month of him being updated into it and as far as I know was only available in the US.

People were able to contact LEGO and obtain him from Customer service for a short period & then just the head & helmet, the only unique parts,until they ran out.

So in short yes the figure on its own is selling at those prices & a sealed set with him in would sell for much more.

Everyone collects for their own reasons and each person's collection is personal to them. Thankfully for my wallet not something mine though 😅

1 hour ago, Brickbashbosh said:

As you say the polybag thing on a magazine was a fake & someone just someone being "funny"

On LEGO groups here in UK, Finch is changing hands at £380-£400 on his own.

There are far more of him out of the box than in actual sets as the set was discontinued within a month of him being updated into it and as far as I know was only available in the US.

People were able to contact LEGO and obtain him from Customer service for a short period & then just the head & helmet, the only unique parts,until they ran out.

So in short yes the figure on its own is selling at those prices & a sealed set with him in would sell for much more.

Everyone collects for their own reasons and each person's collection is personal to them. Thankfully for my wallet not something mine though 😅

Thanks. I got the customer service one after buying the set not long before they changed it but had not paid any attention to it since, was very surprised to see the value. it might fund a Gunship

1 hour ago, cyberrage said:

Thanks. I got the customer service one after buying the set not long before they changed it but had not paid any attention to it since, was very surprised to see the value. it might fund a Gunship

You're welcome.  It certainly will fund a UCS Gunship and leave you a good chunk of change leftover too!

11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

With toys r us back in 2022, do you think that we'll see the return of toys r us exclusives?

Maybe. The “power void” created by TRU’s death was filled by other retailers like Kohl’s who got exclusivity deals for sets TRU probably would have if they hadn’t been assassinated. However, I can imagine them going back to the way they collaborated before, they had a very good working relation after all :classic:

The question is, how much confidence toy manufacturers have in the resurrected TRU. Some got burned last time and probably won’t trust them on the same level as before, even though it wasn’t really TRU’s fault (damn equity vulture scum!)

Selling the entirety of my Lego Star Wars collection very soon. Which site is best to do this? 

ebay has additional costs, as does Bricklink but at a far lower percentage of the sale (and I am less familiar with its security/seller policy/protection) 

Are there any other reliable ones? 

Thanks all. 

17 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Selling the entirety of my Lego Star Wars collection very soon. Which site is best to do this? 

ebay has additional costs, as does Bricklink but at a far lower percentage of the sale (and I am less familiar with its security/seller policy/protection) 

Are there any other reliable ones? 

Thanks all. 

I’ve been on eBay 20+ years & like them less & less. I’ve been burnt by bad buyers quite a bit. Their “seller protection” isn’t exactly “elite” so as long as a reliable intermediary (e.g. PayPal) is involved, you’ll get roughly the same outcomes as the seller. So here, Reddit trade forums, etc. are all legitimate possibilities.

BrickLink does take a lower percentage, but they also have lower prices you’d have to compete with.

I think the best place to sell Star Wars Lego at the moment is Mercari. They take a lower cut than eBay and I’ve seen even better prices than eBay in some cases, particularly Clones/PT stuff. Speculating here: I think Mandr drove a looot of fans there so it’s a hive for fans of the brand.

Thing is, you have to be sure you priced your stuff right. It’s not an auction site—it’s Buy-It-Now with offers allowed. You want it as high as you can reasonably expect but not too high. Basically you want ‘the hive’ feeling FOMO & that urge to buy quick.

That’s largely the system over there… lots of people refreshing often looking for ‘deals’ but (relative to other sites) paying over value on a good amount of SW stuff.

ofc you could always do a combo strategy: Give items a go on Mercari first, if it doesn’t sell in the first few hours, expect to take it down after 2-3 days, and c/p it over to eBay.

Good luck!