MKJoshA

Everything Star Wars [SPOILERS]

gallery_11254_209_16633.png

I'm creating this topic to discuss anything Star Wars media related. This topic open to spoilers so read at your own risk. If you want to share opinions on movies, talk about upcoming episodes, or discuss the latest book release this is the place for you! If you create your own dedicated topic that becomes really popular feel free to drop the link here and tag me and I'll try to update this first post with those topics.

Cylo's The Mandalorian Discussion
Oky's Culture and Media

Why create a new thread for this when we already have one right here? :look:

Anyway...

Sequels suck. Prequels rule. Nuff said. :tongue:

3 hours ago, Oky said:

Why create a new thread for this when we already have one right here? :look:

Anyway...

Sequels suck. Prequels rule. Nuff said. :tongue:

Sorry Oky! The last post from your thread was May 2020 so I didn't see it as I was creating posts. I'll add a link to it here and in the "index" post in the SW forum. Also, it just helps to have a fresh post every once in awhile. That's why I started the General SW topic over.

Just watched the complete Book of Boba. I was pretty satisfied (except a horrible speeder chase) until the last episode. Then WTF. After the horrible cliche ending of Cad Bane, I just put off tv. Im very dissapointed, especially since it was directed by someone like Robert Rodrigues. But manuscripit even worse. Those that looked like gigantic murder droids was even worse at hitting anything than battle droids and stormtroopers put together on a logaritmic scale. I would have been satisified if every one on the Boba side would have died execept of course himself, Fennec, the Mandalorian and maybe the wookie. I have a new purpose in life. I wanna make a fan movie were I just killed his human/robotic biker crew over and over again. They irritate me more than a kid who would have Jar Jar and Poe Daemeron as parents. 

arrrrrgghhhhh

Honestly I find it so hilarious that when someone makes fun of the prequels, the prequel fans have a laugh and agree, but when someone makes fun of the sequels, the sequel fans start crying and getting angry because they think they can defend their abomination like it’s actually art. 

Just watched the Kenobi trailer and I'm glad the inquisitors are coming back, but their costumes just look like a half decent cosplay. Their ship also just looks like Krennic's shuttle if you lengthen the body and make the wings small. Idk, I just find it hard to get excited about the designs

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but it seemed the most proper one to me.

Anyhoo, quick question regarding LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga:
Has anyone found a character customizer yet? Or, can anyone otherwise verify whether it will be in the game (or not)?

Thanks for any replies!

Regards,
Mitch

3 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

Has anyone found a character customizer yet? Or, can anyone otherwise verify whether it will be in the game (or not)?

There is none and probably won’t be any: https://twinfinite.net/2022/04/are-there-custom-characters-lego-star-wars-the-skywalker-saga/

One of the reasons I have no interest in this game. It feels like these LEGO games are getting progressively less “Lego”. That along with the fact that the only major addition here is the sequel trilogy and character packs that you have to pay extra for makes me much rather just replay the old games that had character creation and all the characters included from the trilogies that people actually care about. 

I hope if they ever do another game it will be about The Mandalorian or all the Disney+ shows. Lots of potential there given that those shows are essentially “Sidequest: The TV show”. :grin:

Aw, no :cry_sad:
That's one of the most important features of a LEGO game, for me... Damn.

Well, thanks for your reply, anyway.

19 hours ago, Oky said:

I hope if they ever do another game it will be about The Mandalorian or all the Disney+ shows. Lots of potential there given that those shows are essentially “Sidequest: The TV show”. :grin:

It definitely would be nice if they made a game that features things outside of the nine movies :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

How’s everyone finding The Skywalker Saga? I’m enjoying it quite a lot, I love that they’ve tried to really set it apart from the older games. In a lot of ways I still prefer the original but I think that might change when I start to explore the open worlds. Running around as C-3PO’s legs while forcing my teammate to carry the rest of the figure is something I didn’t know I wanted. I’ve encountered a fair few bugs, I’m sure they’ll be patched soon. Really hoping we get some more QOL updates for it, some really simple things are missing like being able to turn upgrades off. Didn’t get the blue milk Luke figure with it but I did get the Han in Carbonite steelbook, very happy with how that turned out. My only complaint with the game is that the damned Disney revisionists got their dirty hands all over this, they even toned down some parts of the sequels. 

I have to say that I enjoyed the sequel content a lot more than I thought I would. The levels were fun and the cutscenes were clearly made by someone who had no love for those movies. It warmed my heart to see that fishing rod and Holdo’s role in the story reduced to a mockery of The Last Jedi’s agenda that was about as subtle as the film itself. I’m definitely not a fan of the amount of planets and characters from the sequels, but considering most (if not all) of the original game characters and all the planets from the real Star Wars movies made it in to the game I can get past it. I would not be surprised to learn that Rey having a bazooka, jetpack and net launcher was a Disney mandate because it kind of feels like the entire class system has been built to justify that choice. 

Overall I think The Skywalker Saga is a great evolution for LEGO games. It definitely met my expectations, even surpassed them in some ways. PC players will be in for a treat when the mods start rolling in. 

I agree with most of what you said!
Admittedly, when I first found out there's no character customizer in it, I was actually a little heartbroken (I was looking forward to creating my own Obi-Wan, in between RotS and ANH, and some alt versions of characters), but aside from that, it really is a fantastic game.
The little jokes in it are funny, sometimes even hilarious, even for adults, and I did also notice a few jabs at certain aspects from either Disney or LEGO, these were nicely done too.
The planets' surroundings look fantastic, it really feels to me like you're there, but in LEGO form, and the interactions between characters is genius.

I could go on, but I think you catch my drift :innocent2:

Enjoy it, everyone!

Regards,
Mitch 

17 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

Admittedly, when I first found out there's no character customizer in it, I was actually a little heartbroken

Like TT games I forgot about that too. A crying shame for sure to see a such an important LEGO game staple hit the cutting room floor, but future DLC still isn’t entirely out of the question so I’m sure this will come at some point down the line.  

Yeah, I really hope so.

Speaking of which, are the Rogue One and Bad Batch (and one other, I believe), future DLC, 'cause I thought they were released right away, like the Mandalorian S1 and Solo character packs... :look:

Also, what I wanted to add was, I love the voice acting. It's so great to hear the voices from The Clone Wars again, such as James Arnold Taylor, Matt Lanter, Corey Burton and Dee Bradley Baker. And, of course, Stephen Stanton voicing Old Ben Kenobi :wub: 

Regards,
Mitch

Edited by CF Mitch

Yeah the rest of the character packs are being released over the next few weeks in the lead up to May 4th. I think North America has the classic character pack already but not other markets.

I agree, voice acting has been great for the most part. I bet the clone wars actors had a lot of fun reading lines from the movies. Sam Witwer killing it as always. The only one that’s really stuck out to me was Qui-Gon, he sounds like Yularen. 

6 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Yeah the rest of the character packs are being released over the next few weeks in the lead up to May 4th. I think North America has the classic character pack already but not other markets.

Got it, thanks :thumbup: 

Yeah, Qui-Gon sounded off to me. And, indeed, now that you mention it, he sounded like Yularen :tongue: 

Regards,
Mitch