Sign in to follow this  
Dzoni90

Queen's bedroom

Wow, that immediately screams "royalty". The floor's a triumph, the curtains/four-poster bed are delightful, but what I love most is the walls. What is that pattern? Is it a print from Lego themselves or a custom job? Either way this is certainly a bower fit for a queen. :classic:

Wow, that is beautiful! Fit for a queen! Splendid design, lovely use of color, lots of great details and techniques. I'm impressed with your collection of the wallpapered pieces, and the DUPLO mirror is just a fantastic addition to the scene. Excellent work.

Edited by Captain Dee

Thank you all!

@Alexandrina Those are original Lego pieces 3010pb191, I use only original Lego in my creations :classic:. It's a shame that they only produced this part for 1x4 brick, so that also made me a little headache to assemble everything. :wink:

3010pb191.png

@Captain Dee I got them in some BULK order years ago and they were waiting for this building :wink: Actually, I have started creation with those wallpapered pieces and mirror (on which I run accidentally on bricklink). :classic:

Edited by Dzoni90

Some very nice detailing here.  I like the canopy on the bed.  The floor design is great.  The frames around the windows and the picture are fantastic.  Great choice of colors, the gold accents really work well here.  The bath and the dresser are nice details.  Great job overall.

3 hours ago, Dzoni90 said:

mirror (on which I run accidentally on bricklink). :classic:

I also found the mirrors on Bricklink. :grin:

800x400.jpg

Wow, that's incredible! I particularly like the use of the mirror and that Queen picture from that old Harry Potter set!

A good background choice for the walls.
But what I like the most on this build is the furniture (especially both types of stools) and the teatime/dinner nook at the window.

Thank you all for kind comments :classic:

I worked for a long time on this in order to arrange everything. I needed several orders on Bricklink to obtain all special parts, like Queen picture from old Harry Potter set, mirror, silver pitcher, some golden parts etc. 

This is one of the best royal interiors I ve seen in a while, I would have liked instead of purple to see it on dark red.
Thanks for sharing.

@Niku Thank you!

Purple color was very rare and expensive in the past (because it was produced from some rare species of sea snail) and due to that only nobles and royal families could afford it. That is why I used purple, as it is a true Royal color and also because I never done anything in purple as main color so far, so I thought it would be a good idea :laugh: