Bigdwazda

AT AT MOD 75288

So, this is my mod based on the pictures from @Kozikyo86 

I have to say that the mods to this set were easy to make and as always the only difficulty was parts. I had to take apart a good number of sets, mainly for smooth tiles. However, In my opinion it was totally worth it.

50962549642_0d6faea204_b.jpg 

First off, the head, Here i just added some parts to smooth out the jaw and the front end. I also replaced the black window with red, I am not sure why Lego went with black, red looks much more menacing for a robot dog. I also changed the canopy and increased the size as per the mod. 

50962449706_88f202b9e6_b.jpg

Next, the legs, again this follows the moc, this was just a case of adding smooth tile pieces and added a few extra parts to the top of the leg to create a more bulky outline. In addition i added a few plates on  the inside of the legs, to bring the depth closer to the technic beams. I tried to bring these totally level but it looked too bulky. I also tried making using 2 stud wide smooth tiles to totally cover the legs, again, this looked too bulky. 

50961738523_050255fd6b_b.jpg

Next up, the sides of the AT AT. This was an area where plates were in short supply so I had to use what I could find. I followed as closely as I could and made sure that any studs showing looked like they were purposfully placed. I still think the panel over the front leg needs adjusting slightly.  I also added some small pieces on the leg joints.  These look great from a distance and are easy to remove, i think they add a little extra interest.  

50962549962_defa07107f_b.jpg

Bottoms of the legs, I added some smooth quarter pieces on top of the round circles. I also increased the height of these by one extra plate. On the (real) thing these parts are really high.  I also echoed some of the detail on the outide of the legs onto the inside sections.

50962553262_0e76d6f5c8_b.jpg

All in all, I am very happy with the final result and I think it looks great on display with my other star wars stuff. 

50962449761_731b674980_b.jpg

Edited by Bigdwazda
Corrections.

i have put curved inverted tiles below the head otherwise the chin looks flat

so the top is curved and the bottom is curved too and the head is more balanced

Do you have any pics of what this looks like? @macaron35

8 hours ago, macaron35 said:

i have put curved inverted tiles below the head otherwise the chin looks flat

so the top is curved and the bottom is curved too and the head is more balanced 

Edited by Bigdwazda

2 minutes ago, Sarah_H7744 said:

@Bigdwazda Very nice, your mods look great!
I have an LEGO 75288 AT-AT set & you've inspired me to make some mods to mine. :classic:

Thank you for your kind words  

Of all the Lego sets I have this one is the one I really wanted to look great.  

As a kid I always wanted an AT AT but I never got one.  Well, at the ripe old age of );£& I finally get one to fulfil my childhood dreams.  

4 minutes ago, Bigdwazda said:

Thank you for your kind words  

Of all the Lego sets I have this one is the one I really wanted to look great.  As a kid I always wanted an AT AT but I never got one.  Well, at the ripe old age of );£& I finally get one to fulfil my childhood dreams.  

Aww, you're welcome. :classic:

Yes I'm the same, I always wanted an AT-AT as a child & I can finally afford to own this iconic Star Wars vehicle!

here we go, sorry for the late reply

IMG-9056.jpg

IMG-9055.jpg

just missing 2 small pieces that I will put soon

Edited by macaron35