Sign in to follow this  
Ivorrr

[WIP] Chevelle '70

Time to create a WIP topic for a project that I am working on and off for the past 2 years. I keep on getting stuck and start doing something else and after it staring at me for long enough, I work on some of the elements and get stuck again - never ending loop.

It's supposed to eventually become a model of Chevrolet Chevelle SS '70.

800x450.jpg

I have been modifying every part of the car at least a few times. Here is some WIP photos:

Version 1: At this stage It had working fake V6 (I know its wrong but couldn't fit V8), rear wheel drive, no gearbox, front and rear suspension.

I have realized the scale was completely off - didnt use Sariel's scaler yet.

1280x604.jpg

1280x604.jpg

1280x604.jpg

1280x960.jpg

Version 2: Modified front bumper 

1280x960.jpg

Version 3 WIP: Discovered Sariel's scaler and started rebuilding the whole chassis and bodywork.

Progress so far:

I can't decide on the hood shape as replicating the original shape with the 11947 panels doesn't let me have the white stripes without stickers.

1280x604.jpg

The back bumper with lights is another tricky part I am stuck on as the car has a funny shape and after quite a few iterations, I might just leave it straight

640x424.jpg

1280x604.jpg

At least Im trying to get the scale right now.

1280x604.jpg

Another thing is I am trying to do it with technic parts purely (with just a few system parts here and there) and seeing fantastic creations like the challenger below, I am starting to consider moving to mix of technic and system parts as some of the shapes are impossible to recreate with just liftarms and panels. If I were to do that, I am facing buying a lot of parts as I dont own almost any system pieces...

Wish me luck - maybe I will be able to take the "[WIP]" from the title of the topic.

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Ivorrr said:

640x424.jpg

1280x604.jpg

Might I suggest some hinged plates on the lights, not sure if it will work but maybe that might help making the shape better. Other than that it's very good.:thumbup: