JintaiZ

10282 Adidas Superstar

I'd love if we get an entire series of LEGO sneakers in the future. As a fan of sneakers myself, some popular sneakers I'd love to see done in LEGO would be Vans Old Skool, Converse Chuck Taylor, or Nike Air Force 1 (although the standard white design might not offer as much contrast when built with LEGO pieces). All in all, I think LEGO did a great job replicating the original sneaker, and I love that even the box is based on the typical blue Adidas shoe box.

21 hours ago, henrysunset said:

This is a really awesome and unique set... I just gave the set the coveted 5/5 star rating in my review of the set at brickarchitect.com 😊. (And I'm a really strict reviewer!)...

Shill much?  How can a set achieve the coveted 5-star rating when the price is an issue and you're a really strict reviewer?  GTFOH

You plastered your Ad / review all over Brickset, too.  I get it, you're self promoting, but maybe take it down a notch sunset.

12 hours ago, lowlead said:

How can a set achieve the coveted 5-star rating when the price is an issue and you're a really strict reviewer?

I am not a sneakerhead, but I genuinely enjoyed the packaging, build experience and finished model — that's why I was eager to share my enthusiasm in this thread!  I love seeing real objects re-created at a 1:1 scale using LEGO, and this is a very satisfying example of this style of building. When I review sets, price only plays a small role, and usually only when a sub-par set happens to be a great parts pack (so it gets a small bump in the rating). 

—Tom

P.S. Data showing our review distribution compared to other sites is here https://brickinsights.com/statistics/reviewers/34. You will find a detailed description of our 1-5 rating system here: https://brickarchitect.com/about/#ratings_and_reviews.

Edited by henrysunset

I wonder if this was meant to originally come out in 2020 (50th anniversary of the Superstar Shoe), but was delayed in terms of Adidas now having more media attention via events like Euro 2020 and Olympics and World Cup 2022. 

2020 wasn't really a nice year for sports branding with restrictions like no people in stadiums and such.

Adidas was a main brand in LEGO sets as far back as 2000 (Euro 2000 Soccer sets).

I know 2020 had Old Trafford but that set came out very early in 2020 before Covid was a pandemic.

Edited by TeriXeri

Not too impressed by the Adidas shoe (opinions differ here, obviously). Except for the build/sculpting, not much of a play value or something to look at at length. Not sure how much they'll sell of the set either as it appears of very 'limited' appeal.

What else is TLG going to come-up with, maybe some Victoria's Secret (or LaSenza if you're in Canada) inspired items to boost their sales?

6 hours ago, DrJB said:

What else is TLG going to come-up with, maybe some Victoria's Secret (or LaSenza if you're in Canada) inspired items to boost their sales?

Hahahaha I pray we don’t get a ‘Clothing Collection’...

I still wonder that could include though - is there an iconic hat that’s not just black or red and white or something?  

They already have 'lego jewelry' for girls ... with all sort of pastel colors.

Hi guys,

Check out the latest speed build review video at our channel about this amazing adidas superstar replica set 10282…. Even better if get 2 for a pair..?! Thanks you….

Well, I was very late to the party…

I just finished building this Adidas Superstar today. I gotta say…. WOW! I never expected Lego would make some shoe out of bricks but here it is! There are some cool features ‘ techniques. It was very clever for designers to come up with these techniques. In fact, I was not disappointed having one shoe at all and I don’t think I will need buying another one to complete a pair. 

Definitely, it is an awesome superstar on my shelf!

On 6/18/2021 at 7:20 PM, TeriXeri said:

I wonder if this was meant to originally come out in 2020 (50th anniversary of the Superstar Shoe), but was delayed in terms of Adidas now having more media attention via events like Euro 2020 and Olympics and World Cup 2022. 

2020 wasn't really a nice year for sports branding with restrictions like no people in stadiums and such.

Adidas was a main brand in LEGO sets as far back as 2000 (Euro 2000 Soccer sets).

I know 2020 had Old Trafford but that set came out very early in 2020 before Covid was a pandemic.

I didn’t see that post you made until hours later.

I will add one thing - DFB Seires was introduced and Adidas logo / stripes were printed on every DFB soccer player minifigures. It was in 2016.