• 731 pieces
  • $89.99
  • September 2021 release

Discuss below.

Edited by JintaiZ

18 minutes ago, caiman0637 said:

Ideas Winnie the Pooh?

Botanical Collection?

Brickset says there should be a Probe Droid this year- could it be that?

Winnie the Pooh has 1265 pieces, and I'm not sure if it will release this September. Maybe a sport-related thing would be the most likely?

Was expecting this to appear at some point, though haven’t seen anything on insta myself.  

My guess would be that it’s licensed, looking at the PPP (unless the info is just wrong, it’s extremely poor for Creator Expert/18+).

It could be anything though - the Porsche 911 was no surprise in that it was a new vehicle, and Camp Nou a building, but the Botanical Collection sets and the Titanic are out of the blue surprises....

2 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Was expecting this to appear at some point, though haven’t seen anything on insta myself.  

Check promobricks. :wink:

Edited by JintaiZ

12 hours ago, caiman0637 said:

Brickset says there should be a Probe Droid this year- could it be that?

The set number for that has been released, so it couldn't be that, but I would guess that it would be a botanical set, as you said, as it would probably have large leaf pieces of something to maybe justify the price.

It is a pointless discussion until there is more info. This is one of the downsides of databases leaking no real information. 

8 hours ago, MAB said:

It is a pointless discussion until there is more info. This is one of the downsides of databases leaking no real information. 

I have asked a moderator and it is allowed.

1 hour ago, Vilhelm22 said:

10289 Adidas Superstar (18+)

Thanks, I have added the new info into my first post.

Promobricks still lists the set number as 10282 but I will change the title if necessary.

1 hour ago, JintaiZ said:

Thanks, I have added the new info into my first post.

Promobricks still lists the set number as 10282 but I will change the title if necessary.

Ah thanks.  I’ve asked a mod to terminate the other thread over in Licensed.  I completely forgot about this one.

I think we can confidently say that this will be a single shoe - do you think it will include a display stand of some kind?  The PPP seems pretty poor judging by the Euro price...

The PPP seems pretty poor judging by the Euro price...

I think it will have a special baseplate which would bump up the cost.

think we can confidently say that this will be a single shoe

Most likely, but a pair of smaller shoes could work.

Buildable Adidas Superstar set? That sounds pretty neat. I am quite looking forward to see some image.

if it’s a 18+ set, it probably would be just one adult-sized shoe with a speical base. Who know?

Teaser picture just been published by Lego...

It’s on Brickset too.

Edited by Vilhelm22

3 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Teaser picture just been published by Lego...

It’s on Brickset too.

And it will be released on July 1. 

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

And it will be released on July 1. 

Yes - I forgot that rather important detail :laugh_hard: 

Well it’s had the official press release - can’t say I’m a huge fan but never really wanted a shoe made out of Lego myself...

However I like the fact that they include the parts to build either a left or a right shoe.

£79.99 is the UK price.

My initial reaction was, wow, that’s different.

Then you sit back and start thinking, is it worth it? This is a set I would say is more about the final product than the initial build.
It’s a shame the lace holes are so upright compared to the sloping side on the original, definitely an area that is ripe for modding, and would really improve the model.
It would have been fun if it was wearable, especially as it is based on my size 😁

Noticed Adidas have also announced some new Superstar trainers with Lego moulding, which makes the intriguing question, do you want Lego that looks like trainers, or trainers that look like Lego?!😄

This is so weird. I suppose sheer curiosity would win out if I was all caught up on purchases. Definitely not for me. Interesting though.

This is a really awesome and unique set... I just gave the set the coveted 5/5 star rating in my review of the set at brickarchitect.com 😊. (And I'm a really strict reviewer!)

A couple highlights from my review that might be of interest to eurobricks readers:

• This set really is a master class in sculpting everyday objects with LEGO bricks!
  • This whole set feels like a love letter between two of the biggest brands in the world.
  • After just over an hour of inspired building, I am holding one of the most realistic LEGO re-creations of a common household object that I’ve ever seen.
  • The set is a bit too expensive based on both an assessment of price-per-part ($0.11), as well as the price-per-gram (also $0.11). To make matters worse, the price in Europe is much worse... for example 89.99€ in euros. (That’s $109 based on current exchange rate – 37% higher price than in USA.)

Brick_Architect-10282_LEGO_Adidas_Origin

Sincerely,
—Tom

P.S. Let me know if you have any additional questions about the new brick-built shoe!

Realistic? did you get another model than this one?

It's off on justabout all proportions, lots of gaps, ugly studs etc

Now, the typewriter _that_ is realistic looking

Whatever is this set

I can't believe this was made, while awesome IDEAS projects are rejected 

Edited by Robert8

So this is a €90 LEGO shoe, vs the still currently available wearable ZX8000 €140 LEGO branded shoes hmm :shrug_confused:

I guess it's pretty close to the real Superstar (within parts limits), but even those, you can get the real ones for €100 a pair.

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrQi-9tz3gDAEX-Zylu9qmGrVXpNEDnecA7fq4Dn2iMSDKzscVSMo&usqp=CAc

But then again, LEGO makes typewriter, plants, piano etc, so there must be some market for LEGO real-life-objects. (all under the Adults Welcome 18+ brand)

Edited by TeriXeri

The thing about sneakers (especially nice expensive name-brand ones) is that there are folks out there who collect them these days. Not my jam, but I can certainly see somebody who does do that paying for a Lego replica to go with their closet-full.

Anyway, I think it's a pretty cool set. I've seen MOCs of shoes before but the way this one goes together similar to the real thing is pretty novel. And I kind of love the fact that it uses real shoelace—sort of bridges the gap between Lego fantasy and reality a little, sort of like how the flower bouquet is meant to go in a real vase.

Parts-wise, I like the look of those new 5x5 quarter domes. It's an uncommon radius but I could see these pairing well with other parts like the new Space Shuttle bay doors.