Sign in to follow this  
CapOnBOBS

[OL-FB] Repaying the Loyalty of Nola Mar Part 1

Being accepted as loyal subjects of the Crown is much more than accepting the King's rule. Loyalty is rewarded with all the benefits of citizenship. As war rages on across the island of Terraversa, the loyal subjects of Nola Mar, may now some sign's of the King's peace. The King's loyal subjects are now protected by a large fortress in the shape of a city wall. 

LargeFort4_7

As soon as the first shots were fired by the liberating fleet of Oleon, the freedom fighters of Nola Mar began erecting barricades. For nearly half a year townspeople have devoted what time they could each day to improving the cities defenses. 

LargeFort4_2

Once the King's banner had been lifted on high over the liberated city, Soldiers set to work in earnest building proper fortifications along the likely avenues of approach and weak points in the terrain. Flowing with the land around the city, the Sappers began to oversee crews of local volunteers instead of doing the building themselves, incorporating and improving on their makeshift city walls. 

LargeFort4_5

Doubtless, the imposing design, high walls, bastions bristling with cannon, serve a double purpose. The town and surrounding area are now clearly defended, but to those that are willing to listen, the fort is a declaration of Oleon's commitment to protect and defend their newest subjects. 

LargeFort4_9

While the conflict rages, any traveler personnel or cargo entering the city are checked, the citizens welcome the inconvenience as a small price for the security it provides. While most troops have departed to press the offensive, the garrison remains fully manned and on alert. Patrols are continuous.

LargeFort4_6

Newly built barracks house the troops so that our Soldiers, gentlemen as they all most certainly are and many recruited from the bravest of Nola Mar's volunteers, do not ware out their welcome by having to be quartered with the population. 

LargeFort4_4

The large fort also allows Oleon's military logistics with well stocked magazines.

LargeFort4_3

The good and loyal subjects of Nola Mar rejoice to be under the protection of the Crown. 

LargeFort4_8

Part II illustrates that the Crown's grace covers not just security and peace of mind, but dignity and sustenance in these trying times as provided by a nobility sponsored Humanitarian Mission within the city. 

Edited by CapOnBOBS

This is a brilliant build, although the colours and shaping seem slightly strange, like a Gaudi architecture, not a complaint, though, it looks great! 

This is neat, I really like the curved turrets.  The yellow going around the cannons looks great!

Interesting how the rocks were involved in building the fort. I like the construction with the 2 round towers.

On 2/19/2021 at 9:29 AM, Count Vroskri said:

although the colours and shaping seem slightly strange, like a Gaudi architecture

1. I absolutely know what you mean, the struggle to balance classic pirate-y with more practical features and size does weird things. 

2. As somebody who never appreciated architecture, everybody kept raving about Gaudi as I planned my first trip to Barcelona last year. I was floored! I am now an enthusiastic Gaudi fan even though I'd couldn't even list 5 architects. So, im going tobtake that as high praise. :pir_laugh2: (And, if like me a year ago, anybody reading this wasn't tracking Gaudi, worth a google)

@Kai NRG and @NOD

Thanks! Actually the one thing I really wanted to test out in this build was the hing technique of building curves that makes for such great ship lines. I wanted to figure out just 1 curve at a time instead of diving right into a ship with multiple lines to worry about.

Another imposing fortress, @CapOnBOBS!

That's the 3rd one in the past month, right? You're getting really great at these - keep up the good work!

That's a beautiful and unique fort design. The curved wall technique works well here and the classic colors look cool to me. I really like the design of the magazines and I'm impressed at the sight of so many cannons. This would be a fun play set. :thumbup:

On 2/18/2021 at 5:21 PM, CapOnBOBS said:

proper for*ications

:look:

Edited by Captain Dee

Once again a nice Fortress but an illegal one.

I will not quote again the rules or anything but just check what I already wrote in here:

@Bregir @Ayrlego @Capt Wolf @Professor Thaum : This fort is also not following the land property rules. There shouldn't be any fort from Oleon nor Eslandola nor Corrington (even nor the Sea Rats) in a NPC sovereign country !