Sign in to follow this  
Bodi

[OL-FB] Wooden fort in Pilnton

In anticipation of departure of the liberating force, the loyalists of Pilnton have been busying with the construction of a wooden fort since the past few weeks. They were helped by the Oleander sapeurs during the construction. Now, with the completion of this defensive structure, the bluecoats are confident to leave the town in the hands of the locals.

yW2MuR.jpg

The OL soldiers marched to their ships under the accalamation of the partisans loyal to the monarchy.

yW2QD1.jpg

yW2uv9.jpg

Thrilled to be freed from the reign of that usurpator in King's Port, the newly appointed mayor congratulated himself with a bottle of fine Olean wine.

yW2lHx.jpg

Interesting story and nice diorama. I like how the fort was built with the half timbered house. The mayor's face looks funny when he sees the wine bottle and runs to it.

13 hours ago, NOD said:

Interesting story and nice diorama. I like how the fort was built with the half timbered house. The mayor's face looks funny when he sees the wine bottle and runs to it.

Thanks NOD.

8 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

I really like the gate tower. Those SNOTed wooden walls are great.

Clever use of a broken tile :thumbup:.

Thanks Thaum. 

Speaking of broken tile, I don't know why but these brown tiles are easy to break, weird.

I think they had a generation of bricks in particular in reddish brown and dark red that had this problem, but as far as I know, they have mostly corrected it.

Excellent little fort, Bodi, and with an excellent story that doesn't at all seem like a Bluecoat propaganda poster! :pir-wink:

I like the tudor house in the background, and the gatetower with those 2x2 round bricks look really cool. Landscaping is well done too, and I like the minifig posing too.

The 2x2 rounds on the front do a good job looking like massive logs. Great SNOT work on the entryway, nice ground texture too