A_C

[MOC/MOD] Motorized Plus-Size AT-AT, but not walking

Hi, it's my long time project. It's heavily based on the famous Plus-Size AT-AT by raskolnikov. I've changed mainly the outlook of almost everything. It's an on and off project when new ideas came out. Recently, a new idea: head movement was inspired by cavegod's new UCS AT-M6 ([Moc] [Instructions] UCS AT-M6 - LEGO Star Wars - Eurobricks Forums). Why not give it a try?

50955067216_c0f65c8323_c.jpg

Any comments are welcome.

That is an incredible MOC, the overall detail is fantastic, and the attention to little details is great, like the integration of the ladder pieces so they are flush with the sides of the MOC, and the bars on the side of the legs. The front windscreen is probably my favourite part and looks great.

The gear mechanism appears very complex and works well.

Edited by Stuartn

Nice implementation !

Now why can’t lego make more silent motors. They’re bulky, noisy and the battery is huge.

That’s really keeping me away from trying cool motorizations like this one.

17 hours ago, Stuartn said:

That is an incredible MOC, the overall detail is fantastic, and the attention to little details is great, like the integration of the ladder pieces so they are flush with the sides of the MOC, and the bars on the side of the legs. The front windscreen is probably my favourite part and looks great.

The gear mechanism appears very complex and works well.

Thanks! You really have eagle eyes.

15 hours ago, Lfm55 said:

Nice implementation !

Now why can’t lego make more silent motors. They’re bulky, noisy and the battery is huge.

That’s really keeping me away from trying cool motorizations like this one.

Thanks and totally agreed.