Ever since the Mercedes AMG GT Black Series broke the Nürburg track record I have always wanted to build the car in Lego Technic. After a year of returning to Lego and recently picking up the Lego Sian I decided to start building my first MOC:

http://50951813058_b827343860_c.jpgDSCN1401 by Pangolin Bricks, on Flickr

http://50952583057_ee4348f953_c.jpgDSCN1412 by Pangolin Bricks, on Flickr

http://50951807423_a0fef5272a_c.jpgDSCN1403 by Pangolin Bricks, on Flickr

http://50951805778_81c1f65df2_c.jpgDSCN1404 by Pangolin Bricks, on Flickr

More photos can be found on my Flickr: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmUkxDc9

Functions include:

• Functional steering wheel (right hand drive)
  • Independent suspension on all wheels
  • Opening bonnet, doors and boot
  • Adjustable rear spoiler
  • V8 engine
  • 42115 8 speed sequential gearbox with DNR selector controlled by a gear and a knob next to the steering wheel

Video showcasing functions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phj_CAYwh10&t=27s

The model uses parts only from 42115, 42099 steering wheel, 42110 wheels and 6 transparent slopes from my own collection.

Free instructions can be found here: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-69715/PangolinBricks/mercedes-amg-gt-black-series/#details 

I am not entirely sure what the scale is, but I built it to scale from the wheels

Criticism welcome but please bear in mind this is my first MOC and I was limited to (mostly) parts from the set. Sorry about the part stacking in some cases! I only used the gearbox from 42115 as I do not fully understand how to build my own. 

PS: I am sorry if the images aren't attached properly - I'm still learning!

Edited by PangolinBricks
Added link to instructions

Everythings really good.

but that rear wheelarch - interesting use, but it doesn't look good.

Looks excellent. You can use the printed Mercedes logo so it looks more authentic.

37 minutes ago, Jurss said:

Everythings really good.

but that rear wheelarch - interesting use, but it doesn't look good.

Thank you! I was trying to fill space with the parts I had and the wheel arch did not fit flat. HoweverI  agree that it doesn't look great and I may look at improving it.

16 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

Looks excellent. You can use the printed Mercedes logo so it looks more authentic.

Thanks! I thought about it but I sadly don't have the piece - sadly don't have the Arocs and it's expensive to buy separately-  and I think it may be a little small. If I can get hold of the piece I could try it though!

Very nice for a first MOC. For me the highlight is the front grille area. It really has the roundness that the real car has in my opinion. The tilted arch is creative, but distracting. I am also not so sure what the small panels behind the doors are doing there.

did u run out of neon green panels for the hood bc the black looks super ugly? especially the birds-eye view just makes it look like a giant gap 

8 minutes ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Very nice for a first MOC. For me the highlight is the front grille area. It really has the roundness that the real car has in my opinion. The tilted arch is creative, but distracting. I am also not so sure what the small panels behind the doors are doing there.

Thanks! I think I will change the arch as I agree - I'm not sure it really works. As I said before being an alternate I was limited but I'll do my best to change it! The small panels were there to fill some gaps and compelete the lines of the car although some may be a little off

10 minutes ago, MY1 said:

did u run out of neon green panels for the hood bc the black looks super ugly? especially the birds-eye view just makes it look like a giant gap 

I was trying to imitate the real car and one of the main features is the black on the hood.

5 minutes ago, PangolinBricks said:

I was trying to imitate the real car and one of the main features is the black on the hood.

ah I see what u mean I would recommend having a thinner area of black then

10 minutes ago, MY1 said:

ah I see what u mean I would recommend having a thinner area of black then

No, I believe that the black part is perfect: the only issue is that the real thing has some vents in there which are crazy hard to replicate with Lego.

Well done for this MOC! Since I like and do know quite a little bit about it, I really enjoy this model! One other thing that disturbs me: the overuse of flex axles at the front, but hey, it's ok.

50 minutes ago, emielroumen said:

Great re-creation of the real car! Would be a nice one to try to build after I finish the Sian.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, chlego said:

No, I believe that the black part is perfect: the only issue is that the real thing has some vents in there which are crazy hard to replicate with Lego.

Well done for this MOC! Since I like and do know quite a little bit about it, I really enjoy this model! One other thing that disturbs me: the overuse of flex axles at the front, but hey, it's ok.

Thank you, yep I think I maybe did use too many flex axles! However I think they enabled me to keep the shape of the car.

Extremely well done for a first MOC. Reminds me of an old Top Gear episode where they showed a lime green Mercedes SLS AMG electric. 

1 hour ago, ark0 said:

Extremely well done for a first MOC. Reminds me of an old Top Gear episode where they showed a lime green Mercedes SLS AMG electric. 

Thanks. Ah yes, a revolutionary car for it's time! I nearly chose red but ended up with the lime after I created the car as an alternate of 42115 - I think it adds to the aggressive look.

59 minutes ago, Aleh said:

Thanks for sharing the instructions!

27 minutes ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Great car, and beautiful color! :wub_drool:

Thank you and no worries!

29 minutes ago, Jerry LEGO Creations said:

Very good looking car! I also really like the colour scheme. I do think the rear wheel arches and area just in front of them can be improved a bit, but other that that, great job!

Thank you. I did have a go at improving that but I couldn't really find an easy solution with the available parts. I'd be happy for others to come up with a solution though!