Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Legoland Bricks

Do any of you collect Legoland Bricks? I'm interested in knowing how many Legoland has offered and how rare they are to find?

Here's my small collection:

legolandbricks1.jpg

In one of the BrickJournal magazines, there was an article about this guy who collects Legoland Bricks. Maybe someone else who reads/buy the magazine can confirm? I will try and get back to you with a name or contact once I find my copy of that particular magazine. Hope this bit of information helps.

I collect them, in a very casual manner, I might have 15-20. I chanced upon them while placing my very first Bricklink order.

The seller is the single biggest collector of them that I've come across. He's currently offering 74 different kinds, though I believe there are many more. He even maintains a website dedicated to them.

main.jpg

They're an interesting sideline to traditional LEGO, and the only Duplo parts I've ever bought. They actually got me to thinking that some of the printed Duplo might be useful in Modular City displays as large business signs, but that's another topic entirely.

I will try and get back to you with a name or contact once I find my copy of that particular magazine. Hope this bit of information helps.

Thanks, good info!

They're an interesting sideline to traditional LEGO, and the only Duplo parts I've ever bought. They actually got me to thinking that some of the printed Duplo might be useful in Modular City displays as large business signs, but that's another topic entirely.

Excellent! I love to see them used for something practical. Great idea.

They actually got me to thinking that some of the printed Duplo might be useful in Modular City displays as large business signs, but that's another topic entirely.

Like this you mean? :tongue:

dsc01142es.jpg

Here are the 2x4x3 ordinary LEGO bricks & here are the 1x2x2 Duplo ones according to BL.

I have only about 6-7 different in total, wouldn´t make much of a museum :hmpf_bad:!

copmike

Like this you mean? :tongue:

No, absolutely nothing like that. :tongue:

If someone did try it, however, I bet it would look very nice. :sweet:

You know, that town looks vaguely familiar too...

I just own the "Summer Sports Jam-2004"and it have a large story in the back. In summer 2004 my family decide to go to San Diego in the vacations. My uncles, aunts and cousins go with my family in this trip. One day that we are there we decide to go to Legoland. We spend all the day there and my little cousin got this brick. I didnt like so much the sports line and even I didnt take notice that she buy the brick.We return of our trip and then the time began to pass. After 2 or 3 years my cousins come to me with a bag full of lego that she and her brother didnt want so much. When I look at the bag there is this little brick and this is the story. Like a star wars fan and obviously collector (my collection is just of lego star wars) I want to get the 3 promotional duplo brick given a the celebration I one of the three and the other two in the Legoland weekends in 2005 and 2007 but I dont be able to get any of them :cry_sad: .

Here's what I found... an article by Ashley Glennon - BrickJournal #4. These are actually called "Promotional Bricks" which has been around for more than a decade. For those of you who're interested in these specialty bricks, the AFOL who's being interviewed was a certain Mark Papenfuss from Southern California. Mark's website is:

www.promobricks.com

and a forum...

www.forum.PromoBricks.com

Hope this helps!

Too bad the guy disappeared. He was the expert on promo bricks.

Mark didn't disappear, he just moved on. He is my friend, so I kinda sorta know what went on.

-Omi

Yeah I like slipping them into MOCs. Used two Yoda Builds in my last Brickfete MOC.

7288634074_1562267116_z.jpg

Edited by Rook