Has anyone used the part designer for stud.io?   I find it a pretty interesting and potentially powerful addition (even though it's a bit ridiculous to have to "design" parts that have been in LDD for a decade) to stud.io, But I can't figure out how to use it properly.  So far I've simply been importing unofficial ldraw parts and tried to add connectivity information, which is indeed a great possibility! However, the part designer would let me move the connection points only by rather chunky steps, so they cannot be adjusted properly to match the actual holes and snaps of the parts...

You can use Alt key to move in 1LDU increments, you can also key in values in coordinate fields.

Indeed, the coordinate fields do the trick, thanks. 

I noticed it's also helpful to place the part flat on the grid and make sure the edges coincide with actual grid points. Then, the numbers in the coordinate fields usually have to be nice and round, 9.475 or the likes.  It's a bit strange however, that when moving connection points by mouse, part designer apparently prefers to snap at such odd numbers...

Edited by mfeldt

On 2/24/2021 at 9:58 AM, mfeldt said:

It's a bit strange however, that when moving connection points by mouse, part designer apparently prefers to snap at such odd numbers...

That's a mystery for me too...