RocketBoy

[J8 - Reecee - FF] Life on Reecee's Streets

*Your entry has earned 44 XP*

800x996.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

The streets of Reecee: a smuggler's heaven. For the last decade, the pirate lords that control the planet have made it a lucrative port for less-than-legal enterprise. Independents, Crimson Dawn, and Black Sun loiter and stalk the alleys and bars. The auction houses, smoking dens, and drinking parlors of the city are full of risk and riches, and dangerous people seeking their fortunes...

Story (To Come)

Spoiler

800x600.jpg

The Shrine Maiden, Hara, tends to her shrine on Hijo in her peaceful village, until the day the shrine's crystal is stolen by an offworlder. Enlisting the help of a swaggering pilot, Hara dives into the seedy world of Reecee to get the beloved object back. But she'll find that Reecee plays by its own set of rules...

More Pictures

Spoiler

1280x1667.jpg
1280x1483.jpg
800x1213.jpg
1280x960.jpg
800x601.jpg

1280x960.jpg
800x622.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x1067.jpg800x1014.jpg

800x899.jpg
800x1161.jpg

800x600.jpg

1280x960.jpg
From left to right, top row: Geenee Tab (small-time smuggler captain), famous Swoop-announcer and holovid star Jabric Kooms, the dour mercenary Kisabi Dokthar, Crimson Dawn Baron Ketchley and his right-hand cyborg Bot, , local fence Polla Farnam, Black Sun bounty hunter Huthck, brave spacer Farras Loonaba, Sullustian sad-sack Jaeb Jain, Rodian drunkard Oobee, Duros chimney-sweep Mert Ponas.
From left to right, bottom row:

Feared Black Sun bounty hunter Devic Tonn, savage enforcer Tathas Ked, daring ace pilot Kepath Van Sabian, small-time bounty hunter Dogh Maresh, alley-scavver Peelo.

Notes

Spoiler

Whenever I start planning a build on a planet, Wookiepedia's my first stop. When you get a planet who's only real canon descriptor is its a "heaven for smugglers", your mind tends to go straight to the Corella/Nar Shadda-esque Star Wars norm, but instead I wanted to shoot for something inspired by 1940s noir and Victorian London. I wanted to do something fresh on a planet without a pre-established look, and that was the aesthetic that got me the most excited. Hopefully I managed to thread the needle and pull it off.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by RocketBoy

Looks great, I like the incorporation of all the things hanging over the alleyway, it looks good.

That is also a brilliant water technique, and the weathered streets and wall, as well as all the pipes and railing, work well.

Edited by Stuartn

Really nice, it captures the noir aesthetic so well. There is some great texture with the walls, roof, and cobbled street.  Having an interior in such a detailed building is impressive too! I think that the neon signs are just enough to bring it into the star wars universe but I think that some speeders flying around would have been a cool addition. Really good build overall!

This is an excellent design, the building and it’s levels really draw you in and it’s a design that keeps you looking and finding more.

The Duros cleaning the roof, the dark alleyways and interior design is all great.

really good job here, I’ll keep coming back to look at this one!

16 hours ago, Stuartn said:

Looks great, I like the incorporation of all the things hanging over the alleyway, it looks good.

That is also a brilliant water technique, and the weathered streets and wall, as well as all the pipes and railing, work well.

12 hours ago, marvelBoy123 said:

Really nice, it captures the noir aesthetic so well. There is some great texture with the walls, roof, and cobbled street.  Having an interior in such a detailed building is impressive too! I think that the neon signs are just enough to bring it into the star wars universe but I think that some speeders flying around would have been a cool addition. Really good build overall!

12 hours ago, n1majneb said:

This is an excellent design, the building and it’s levels really draw you in and it’s a design that keeps you looking and finding more.

The Duros cleaning the roof, the dark alleyways and interior design is all great.

really good job here, I’ll keep coming back to look at this one!

44 minutes ago, Brickwolf said:

Wonderful build! I like the tiered approach, the aesthetics are Noir and Star Wars, great creative minifigs!

30 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

Some really great build ideas all round. Nice work!

Thank you! It means a lot!

Loved it at the first glance ! And I love the interior scene you made.

But what about the sewer entrance, no interior scene inside it ?

32 minutes ago, Nicotoa said:

Loved it at the first glance ! And I love the interior scene you made.

But what about the sewer entrance, no interior scene inside it ?

It actually has a door and a control panel and a grate, but you can't see any of it (you can't even see the door from the entrance) so I have no idea why I put them in there.
I like to imagine the door leads to a secret illegal game of sabaac for tiny people. Jawas, Ugnaughts, Babu Friks...

Just now, RocketBoy said:

It actually has a door and a control panel and a grate, but you can't see any of it (you can't even see the door from the entrance) so I have no idea why I put them in there.
I like to imagine the door leads to a secret illegal game of sabaac for tiny people. Jawas, Ugnaughts, Babu Friks...

This I think we all need to see! 

This is amazing! I'm missing a little more Star Wars atmosphere, like props seen in the films etc. I feel that if I changed all the figs with Harry Potter figs, that would be more in universe? Anyways - that doesn't take away from the creativity and quality of this build! 10 points for Gryffindor!!! :thumbup:

This is an amazing MOC. I agree with DB, it feels more HP than SW. But a few simple changes could fix that so it's still an amazing build.

3 hours ago, Darth Bjorn said:

This is amazing! I'm missing a little more Star Wars atmosphere, like props seen in the films etc. I feel that if I changed all the figs with Harry Potter figs, that would be more in universe? Anyways - that doesn't take away from the creativity and quality of this build! 10 points for Gryffindor!!! :thumbup:

4 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

This is an amazing MOC. I agree with DB, it feels more HP than SW. But a few simple changes could fix that so it's still an amazing build.

Thank you! I'm honored. 

Yeah, the lighthouse, warning lights, pole greebles, wires in the alley, domed roof, etc. were all careful choices to incorporate SW flair into the design, but I don't know that the lbg bars by the windows were the best choice, among others. Victorian London by way of Star Wars is one look we haven't seen before (unlike Kurosawa Japan, Moorish architecture, or Italy) and I'm always interested in stretching and testing limits when it comes to how SW locations can look.

Thank you guys.

Wow! That's a fantastic build. Great setup of buildings and interior. You also managed to have some very interesting angles for the buildings. The somewhat frozen landscape is very creative as well. Minifigs are also great!