PF Remote

New app for Lego Power Functions(BETA-Test) Android

Hey guys,

some time ago, I have coded an app for controlling Lego PF using the IR diode of your Android phone. It didn't really work well, but since this time I have learned a lot about programming and made a new app for you. It is a BETA version, but I hope that there will be no issues with it. Before installing this app please google whether your phone has an IR blaster, this app won't work on devices without an IR blaster (physically not possible). The channelswitch is not working right now, but I will add this feature soon. I would be happy about some feedback from you!

APK: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R9LNj8mhx34Bkn0A7t8wN3RFn3g6LDQC/view?usp=sharing (do not wonder this app doesn't have an icon yet! When you have an idea for it, let me know!)

Screenshots: Screenshot-20210215-193717-PFControl.pngScreenshot-20210215-193708-PFControl.png

Screenshot_20210215-193708_PFControl.png

Edited by PF Remote

Interesting initiative! This could be a good alternative for those who are too cheap to buy normal PF remotes.

Unfortunately I'm unable to install it on my Xiaomi Mi A2 with Android 10. AFAIK it has IR blaster. I allowed to install apps from other sources. Are there any other requirements?

I have updated the link to the APK (here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R9LNj8mhx34Bkn0A7t8wN3RFn3g6LDQC/view?usp=sharing), now the app should be instlling fine. I am working on Powered Up and Control+ support (you can see it inside the app, but it has no function at the moment)

@Ros The app should be installing now on your phone. 

Edited by PF Remote

Thanks Piotr, the app works. I've done some tests on my PF train and have some observations:

1. On/off mode has about 0,5 second lag. I'm not sure whether it's due to the train motor, because in train mode motor starts immediately.

2. Train mode - first tap on +/- after STOP has no effect. There is no problem when going from forwards to backwards (1, 0, -1).

I hope it will help.

Great initiative.

I've used with on  Redmi note 8 on the old gen receiver

Here my problems;

1. I cannot change the channel.

2. Train mode doesn't work on motors.

Here my considerations;

1. Can we use more than one channel so that an interface can control more than one receiver?

2. Is it possible to control the third party receivers, too?.

Edited by DHal

On 5/4/2021 at 11:22 PM, DHal said:

Great initiative.

I've used with on  Redmi note 8 on the old gen receiver

Here my problems;

1. I cannot change the channel.

2. Train mode doesn't work on motors.

Here my considerations;

1. Can we use more than one channel so that an interface can control more than one receiver?

2. Is it possible to control the third party receivers, too?.

1. Yes, the channel switch will be working very soon.

2. Could you explain this issue? Did you click on the buttons instead of holding them like in the ON/OFF mode? ( I never faced this issue BTW:) )

The V1 receiver has the same protocol like the V2 receiver so this shouldn't be a problem. Adding support for third-party receivers would be possible too but the question is how many protocols have been used by the chinese people for the different third party receivers. When it's just one, the implematation would be easy by reverse engineering.

This app seems to be similar to what i want! Unfortunately BrickController 2 requires an external controller, which i don't have, so I found this. I have an idea for a future update: make a layout with sliders that will have multiple levels (like train remote) but will return to center after releasing it! This would be nice for RC vehicles.