Sign in to follow this  
Perterz

[MOC] Training Grounds

Training Grounds

‘This house located at the inner city walls, once occupied by a hard working farmer, became available as the poor man came to die. The army took over the property but instead of demolishing the house they transformed it into a recreational area, a place for soldiers to relax and have a drink after training.

The surrounding area became the main training grounds for young soldiers, a place to discover their skill and choose their speciality in the army forces before going to specialized army training facilities.

A compact but well equipped military structure was constructed next to the old house. The barracks contains a stable aswell, where knights and archers can use the horses for training.’

I was actually about to dismantle the WIP but since it wasn’t far from completion, I decided to finish it anyway. It also exists in digital form so I might release instructions for this build within a few days.

Training Grounds

Training Grounds

Training Grounds

Flickr

Instagram

23 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Amazingly beautiful. Good choice of colours and details.

Thank you very much!

21 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Looks amazing. :thumbup:

Thanks!

21 hours ago, Sarophas said:

Amazing! Great technique for the timber framed house. I absolutely love the targets! :pir-love:

Many thanks, the house is all built sideways, ideal for the narrow wooden beams through the walls.

11 hours ago, natesroom said:

i dont know how you guys do it, where do the ideas come from and where you start... Excellent Work.

For me, most ideas start with a random image/atmosphere in my head. From there I try to visualize and fill in the details.

Sometimes I draw a topview layout but mostly it’s just free building and the MIC evolves along the way.

But anything can be a source of inspiration, random shapes & colors, other art work,..

Thank you very much!

9 hours ago, Boindil Lego said:

Very cool build! Al the different angles without gaps is pretty awesome!

Thank you very much! If there are any gaps, they are hidden. That’s one my goals when building in angles.

What a visually gorgeous build. The tree, the overflow of the scene, the weathered look of the house and the texturing of the city wall are all sublime. Fantastic techniques, style and design throughout!

I love the texturing you got with the walls on the house and the tower.  The plates in the walls of the house look great with the 1x1 round plates in there.  The base has some nice rock work and the layering of the different colored plates makes for a nice effect.  The tree looks wonderful with the 3 leaf plant pieces in the regular leaf parts.  The roof also looks nice with the different plates and tiles.  

On 2/16/2021 at 6:41 PM, koalayummies said:

What a visually gorgeous build. The tree, the overflow of the scene, the weathered look of the house and the texturing of the city wall are all sublime. Fantastic techniques, style and design throughout!

Thank you very much, highly appreciated!

On 2/17/2021 at 12:32 AM, zoth33 said:

I love the texturing you got with the walls on the house and the tower.  The plates in the walls of the house look great with the 1x1 round plates in there.  The base has some nice rock work and the layering of the different colored plates makes for a nice effect.  The tree looks wonderful with the 3 leaf plant pieces in the regular leaf parts.  The roof also looks nice with the different plates and tiles.  

Many thanks, glad you like the look and techniques used as much as I do!

On 2/17/2021 at 7:56 AM, Zarcania said:

So nice to see the rocks going out of the frame. It's very nice to see.

Thank you, I’ve seen it done before and liked it so much myself I had to try it out. 
This build was the perfect opportunity to do it.

On 2/19/2021 at 7:51 PM, John Cromwell said:

One word: Wow...

Thank you very much!

14 hours ago, BlackGloveBricks said:

The whole thing is beautiful! But I particularly love the tree and the door! 

I like the door myself aswell, I chose the color as it pops up but also blends in perfectly with the terrain. Thank you!