Sign in to follow this  
paave

[42125 Alternate] Ferrari F12 Berlinetta

Recommended Posts

This is my alternate model for the 42125 Ferrari 488 set - Ferrari F12 Berlinetta

800x600.jpg

Scale: 1:10
Parts: 1181
Size: 45L, 20W, 12H, cm
Weight 988g

- Independent suspension
- Working steering wheel
- Fake engine
- Opening doors with limiters
- Opening front part of the bonnet

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

You can find the building instruction on Rebrickable: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-66207/paave/ferrari-f12-berlinetta/#details

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Better than the set, it is a lucky have fun building B models because I hate build with only parts of a set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No good! Where are the 50+ stickers? Where's the large gap between the wheels and the wheel arches? And that ground clearance is so low...

Absolutely unacceptable! I hope at least the chassis is still flimsy. That would be the only saving grace...


Kidding, I like it very much.

Edited by XenoRad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The B models are the best part of 42125 so far. I sure hope those fenders come in a few other colors some day.

Also I really like the unapologetic light grey headlights. They work well.

Edited by ralphie
adding a complement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks amazing! kind of a shame that there doesnt seem to be space for a 12 cylinder under the hood, but that is what you get at this scale. Really reminds me of the old 599GTB.

 

I could probably buy a dozen of the 42125 at this rate and build all the awesome B-models for a full-sized technic ferrari collection :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Superb B model! 

This one can actually be recognized as the Ferrari it was modeled after, even if it's missing some cylinders. The arches work very well on this car imo and creative solution for the headlights.:thumbup:

Thanks for sharing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being a big fan of the real F12 Berlinetta, I actually bought the 42125 set today just to build this beautiful MOC. Kudos to the designer especially for making it possible to build it just with parts that come with the set. That said, I will eventually try and flesh it out with a few more details or close some of the gaps using additional parts. But hats off to paave, great work indeed! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2021 at 10:25 AM, gethema said:

Being a big fan of the real F12 Berlinetta, I actually bought the 42125 set today just to build this beautiful MOC. Kudos to the designer especially for making it possible to build it just with parts that come with the set. That said, I will eventually try and flesh it out with a few more details or close some of the gaps using additional parts. But hats off to paave, great work indeed! :)

Even without being a fan of the F12, this MOC just makes me want to do the same. I have put triggers on price for this set...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Celeri said:

Even without being a fan of the F12, this MOC just makes me want to do the same. I have put triggers on price for this set...

Well, to be perfectly honest, I've been a little sneaky and went for the Lego knockoff which is said to still sport decent enough quality for a very moderate price tag - in fact, I've roughly paid one third of the 42125's RRP (180 EUR in AT), while even its usual price range is still at least double the money (120-130 EUR).

Will take a while to arrive though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Celeri said:

Even without being a fan of the F12, this MOC just makes me want to do the same. I have put triggers on price for this set... 

Makes me wonder how expensive bricklinking this MOC would be, the partcount is substantially lower then the set, and save for the new wheelcovers and arched panels in red, there isnt much in there that is very special.

 

EDIT: lol, bricklink easybuy with the inventory got me a €180 solution with three shops (using only my own country), and that is without shipping. Looking at the prices, i could save some money on common parts, but the set-specific parts such as the large frames, heli-blades and wheelarches hit hard....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

lol, bricklink easybuy with the inventory got me a €180 solution with three shops (using only my own country), and that is without shipping. Looking at the prices, i could save some money on common parts, but the set-specific parts such as the large frames, heli-blades and wheelarches hit hard....

Every time I tried putting a whole set part list in Bricklink, I ended up with a price far higher than the official one... There is always some rare parts shape or color which price make the whole package not interesting. I especially tried to build my own F40 (10248) like this for several weeks without being able to get under $300 ! I ended up getting it for $150 and using Bricklink only to get parts for the V2 MOD which makes it much better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Celeri said:

Every time I tried putting a whole set part list in Bricklink, I ended up with a price far higher than the official one... There is always some rare parts shape or color which price make the whole package not interesting. I especially tried to build my own F40 (10248) like this for several weeks without being able to get under $300 ! I ended up getting it for $150 and using Bricklink only to get parts for the V2 MOD which makes it much better. 

Hmm, didnt know there was a mod for 10248, id look into it if i hadnt just sold mine :P

And yeah, figures, especially with lego's recent tendency to use loads of different colours and introduce new pieces quite often, on the more interesting technic sets there is a biiig chance you need a part/colour combo exclusive to that set these days, also ruining the ability to do a colour-swap if you want to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

Hmm, didnt know there was a mod for 10248, id look into it if i hadnt just sold mine :P

Here you go : https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-49743/NKubate/10248-ferrari-f40-mod/#details

I am much more into Technic than any other theme, but the F40 (and the Mustang) are just plain great in their own style. The F40 was available during a time where I stopped LEGOing for a few years, and when I got back into business this year, I just knew I had to have this set. Paid a little too much on it, but no regrets ! :pir-wub:

F40_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a massive improvement on 42125.  Nice work.  I like the shaping

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.