Axxe90

Broken pieces in new sets

Hey everyone,

Just yesterday I bought the Lego Harry Potter Diagon Alley Set in a Lego Shop in Vienna for 400€ and was super excited to start building today.

After opening it I unfortuantely found out that one of the 4 base plates is badly damaged. I was about to write an email to Customer Service but apparently they take 10 days just to read the mail, so I don't wanna know how long it will takes to actually receive a new plate.

From your expereince, is it easier to call the store and ask for their help? Or can I return the entire set and require a completely new one? Unfortunately I had already opened the first 3 plastic boxes when I discovered the damages on one of the base plates, so I don't know if that is an option. Especially since the store is 2 hours away from my home and I would have to drive there again...

BR Axxe

You can bring the broken pieces to the store to request new ones. If you haven't made any progress on the build, it may be easier just to return the whole set.

I find that calling their service is working good. It might take a little longer for them to pick up, after you’re on hold, but they are very understanding and will send you the replacement pieces for the ones that are broken... 
Of course I’m in the USA, but I don’t think that should make a big difference ?...

21 hours ago, Wimmer said:

I find that calling their service is working good. It might take a little longer for them to pick up, after you’re on hold, but they are very understanding and will send you the replacement pieces for the ones that are broken... 
Of course I’m in the USA, but I don’t think that should make a big difference ?...

They're very understanding. I remember I ordered the detective office set and when it didn't turn up (through absolutely no fault of Lego) they sent a new one, and even with the GWP which had expired at that stage.

It usually takes the next business day, I literally just submitted a help ticket that got an answer to within half a day at this rate.  Missing/broken bricks are part of an automated system now that go through a screening process, if it doesn’t make it originally then they contact you about it.