Trekkie99

Replacing Stud.io's HDRIs

Has anyone tried or had the need to replace the HDRI images used by Stud.io's Eyesight renderer? I'm unsure what access people have to their Stud.io program files on Windows, but on Linux running Stud.io thru Wine (which works great btw aside from a few hiccups which can be fixed or dealt with fairly easily) with everything stored in the created virtual drive, under [in my case using PlayOnLinux (if you're just running plain Wine the path will probably be /home/user/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Studio 2.0/PhotoRealisticRenderer/win/32/HDR/)] /home/user/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/Studio/drive_c/Program Files/Studio 2.0/PhotoRealisticRenderer/win/32/HDR/ I found two HDRIs which were TexturesCom_Pano029.hdr and TexturesCom_Pano040.hdr.

I also found in the generated render script which HDRIs each light setting uses, with Piazza using TexturesCom_Pano029.hdr, and Asteroid and Dawn using TexturesCom_Pano040.hdr with Asteroid seemingly being a half intensity version of Dawn by default. (As for the light settings Building and Mechanic, the generated render script didn't seem to reference using any HDRIs at all, nor were there any changes in the renders when a different HDRI was in use.)

So by replacing each of these two HDRIs and with a different HDRI and applying the old HDRI name to the new HDRI, you can successfully use a different HDRI.

Here's a quick example of the results. Both images used the Piazza light setting, with the first render using the original HDRI TexturesCom_Pano029.hdr, and the second render using the new HDRI (in this case my favorite) urban_street_01_4k

TexturesCom_Pano029.hdr

640x640.jpg

urban_street_01_4k

640x640.jpg

Nice One! Was hoping they would let you import custom ones in the future but this is a good workaround!

It's under the same path in windows to where you installed it.

You can search " stu " after the windows key, rick click Studio 2.0 , press open file location. then follow path  > PhotoRealisticRenderer/win/32/HDR/

Free HDR:

https://hdrihaven.com/

Edited by MasterStud
link