Paul Corbak

Medieval street

There's not much I can add to what has already been said, so I'll just echo the others: WOW, what an incredible build! So much good stuff about this: the lay-out and structure of the MOC, the colors that are realistically muted yet still colorful enough to make it visually interesting, the storytelling via the small scenes in the streets, ... The list of interesting stuff is endless. Great techniques throughout as well and I just love that there are even some interiors. I thought this MOC would mainly be just facades, but then I checked Flickr for more pictures and was pleasantly surprised to see interiors. Great stuff all around! This should be frontpaged, it's incredible.

It's stunningly realistic. The odd angles really create the perfect atmosphere of medieval towns with narrow streets, and houses all pushed tightly together. I can't even imagine how you put it all together or how much was planned in advance. Some houses seem connected, while others really look odd as if they were added later (as in real life). How did you plan it? On the other hand, from the architectural point of view, I really like the similar looks of the facade, although built differently, but using a similar color scheme and texture. And the roof of the stables is well shaped, sort of falling appart. Well done. 

Thanks again for the comments, it's very encouraging and thanks for the front page, I just saw that ^^

@Redhead1982 : The only thing that was planned before beginning anything was a view of a narrow medieval street so I began with the right part and the white house. The rest just come step by step. The only, but big, "error" is the Barrack which was a huge tower at first, but I didn't like it, it was just too huge for the rest of the Moc and the barrack feets better I think :)

I'll just echo what everyone else has said - this is amazing! I love big detailed builds and you don't disappoint! Beautiful!

This is truly amazing! I'm going to spend a long time look at this to soak up the details.

This is absolutely amazing moc, this is how I imagine medieval towns.

Great color scheme and architecture :drool:

That is extremely huge and detailed! 

Great job on the shapes and nice use of softer/natural colors. 

Thanks for sharing! :classic:

This is very beautiful.  You have a good level of detail without being distracting, show buildings in good and poor repair, and even manage to keep the color palette to a 'realistic' (i.e., non-fantasy) look, which is somewhat out of the ordinary and yet very nice.  Thanks for sharing!

This is a very impressive build. I love the details in the buildings and the streets.

Blown away. Just amazing. :) Love the texture. The details. The curves. How long time did it take to build ? 

Thanks a lot for all the new posts, I wasn't expecting such a lot of positives comments ^^

@piraten : It was build in about a month during a covid lockdown haha But it would have been much longer if I hadn't classified all my bricks just before building ^^;

Edited by Paul Corbak