Sign in to follow this  
Bricksnaps

Now my Dog will Sit! (Lego Dog Moc)

So meet Henry, King Henry the ninth. Such a good boy that I wanted to make a lego build out of him. Easier said than done! As an English Cream Golden Retriever he has a distinctive look when he has his mouth open, like hes smiling and it was important to capture that look perfectly and I think I nailed it. Next up was the eyes, I struggled here and ultimately settled on using white hub pieces to define the eye space and then went with the black 2x2 round tile with a brown brick structure behind and a little white. These dogs have really dark eyes and the 'eye' tiles really made him look way more cartony than he already is.

My fave piece- The Collar, I have been looking for a way to use them in a build and the newer ones that are a narrower width worked perfectly but also allowed a pop of colour that the build needed.

I couldn't decide if I was to build him out as a full body or just a bust, I am happy with how he is for now. Thanks for looking, its my first effort at sculpting an animal and was a really enjoyable process, I am welcome to any thoughts for improvements or tips in general on sculpting animals. 

50931517471_eb6d1d2938_b.jpgKing Henry IX, my English Cream Golden Retriever Pup! by Martin Harris, on Flickr

50931517501_de016a82ac_k.jpgKing Henry IX, my English Cream Golden Retriever Pup! by Martin Harris, on Flickr

King Henry IX, my English Cream Golden Retriever Pup! by Martin Harris, on Flickr

50931634132_4bb5339440_k.jpgKing Henry IX, my English Cream Golden Retriever Pup! by Martin Harris, on Flickr

Edited by Stillinamerica
Adding pics

Looks great! One of the most creative builds I've ever seen!

That's a clever build you've got going on there! (And a happy looking dog, too - he looks such a sweetie! :pir-love:)

You mentioned that the collar is your favourite part, and I can see why, it really is perfect for the MOC. What part is it, out of interest? It doesn't look like one I've come across myself.

A very cute dog, and a great MOC! Just a suggestion, perhaps you could use a Part No: 38583  Name: Brick, Arch 1 x 2 Jumper to fill in the gap between the eyes?

18 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

What part is it, out of interest?

It must be a newer thin DOTS bracelet: https://brickset.com/sets/41918-1/Adventure-Bracelets

Edited by imvanya

Wonderful moc, I really love the nose and mouth area, a lot of expression! But I do think the eyes are a tad bit scary...