LegoGuy03

Pizza Delivery Spaceship

LEGO Ideas recently hosted a new space-themed contest where the winner's build would become a GWP set. 

For my submission, I thought a pizza delivery spaceship would be a funny and original (Kind of) build to make. Not only was yesterday National Pizza Day, but I was also inspired by a build in the book The Lego Ideas Book that had a pizza delivery hover scooter in it. I mainly had trouble figuring out the main shape of the ship that wouldn't look too similar to other Lego spaceships and would be able to hold both a Minifigure and some pizzas. I also tried to recreate the Classic Space logo in brick-built form with a pizza replacing the planet. Let me know what you think of this spaceship in the comments. I hope you like it!

50930797627_4cfbe8ce6f_c.jpg

50929989878_e96d7ff17a_c.jpg

50930676191_959dd1a4ac_c.jpg

50929990808_07e7530421_c.jpg

50929991153_fc86153f03_c.jpg

Edited by LegoGuy03

Ha! I literally laughed out loud at seeing that pizza-colored minifig. Perfect! And the Pizza Space logo is genius!

Wait...does the spaceship have pepperoni and olives on it's wings? BWAHAHA! Amazing!

I love this!

7 hours ago, danth said:

Ha! I literally laughed out loud at seeing that pizza-colored minifig. Perfect! And the Pizza Space logo is genius!

Wait...does the spaceship have pepperoni and olives on it's wings? BWAHAHA! Amazing!

I love this!

Thanks! It was definitely tricky trying to recreate the Classic Space logo in brick-built form, but I think it came out pretty decently!

This is what Lego is about! Yes! The ship wings have pepperoni, the spacesuit matches the theme. The pizza oven transport opens a la shuttle. What's not to love about this. Space and pizza, a winning combination. Awesome MOC!

This is so funny and heartwarming too!

Being an astronaut in deep space is a tough job, but I'm sure having access to tasty pizza makes things easier for them :classic:

Excellent idea. You married the pizza truck to a spaceship perfectly. The logo is great and the minifig a perfect throwback.