Sign in to follow this  
JopieK

LEGO 'Minifig' Snowman

Saw this in the news, hope you like it :)

?appId=21791a8992982cd8da851550a453bd7f&

Some Dutch 'kids' (actually in their twenties) decided to make a snow man 'minifigure':

This gigantic LEGO snowman proves that the big snowfall also brings out the creativity in humans.
Kylian (23) and his sister Debby (21) Schiks started building two days ago and now have this beautiful structure in their backyard in Berghem.
Kylian was off for a few days and saw the backyard as a large blank canvas that could still be used. He started building together with his sister.

They didn't have a design and that it would eventually become a LEGO doll, only became clear when they were working.
“The snow is quite dry and difficult to model because it doesn't stick well,” says Kylian.

“I added a bucket of tap water to each layer so that it does stick. We started with straight lines, suddenly we saw legs in them and then it became a LEGO doll. ”

No curfew in the backyard

Kylian and Debby aren't really LEGO fans. “I have played with it once, but we mainly wanted it to be very big. That was the challenge.”
The rectangular doll eventually became 3.15 meters high and 2.15 meters wide. Kylian and his sister have been working on it for two days.
"I must also say that the curfew does not apply in the backyard so we put a construction lamp on it and continued in the evenings."
And whether it tastes like more? “Well, I have to work now and it will probably thaw again on Monday, but I hope to be able to skate this weekend!”.

Original article in Dutch: https://www.destentor.nl/binnenland/kylian-en-debby-maakten-deze-gigantische-lego-sneeuwpop-zo-groot-mogelijk-was-de-uitdaging~aa274ee5/