Murdoch17

[MOC] Pirate ship "Silver Crab" - (Captain Squarepants' vessel) - MOD of a Dying Gull ship MOC (LDD WIP)

This pirate ship is Captained by a pirate ancestors of Spongebob Squarepants (as Captain Bob "The Sponge" Squarepants), Patrick Star (Rick "No-beard" Star the lazy pirate lookout), Sandy Cheeks (Miss Cheeks, a fierce hand-to-hand fighter) and Squidward Tentacles, (Mr. Tentacles, the helmsman and reluctant pirate recruit)

50929112668_fee6e57ec4_z.jpg

Mr. Krabs is another pirate, but off course he has his own ship, the Krusty Krab. The Silver Crab is a ship wanted by Captain Krab's, for a treasure map he engraved into the helm's wheel long ago. (unknown to everyone, however, is that bluecoat Commodore Plankton is stalking Captain Krab's ship for stealing what was originally his treasure... which is now locatable because of said engraved map on Captain Squarepants' ship.)

Confused enough yet?

50929112688_93d07d3bf9_z.jpg

The pirate ship has six non-firing cannon barrels, with a movable rudder and a rear sail that swings back and forth. (Miss Cheeks mini-figure's head is not in LDD, so she's headless in the first picture) The ship itself is based off a MOC of the Dying Gull from the Pirates of the Caribbean movie franchise. (specifically Dead Men Tell No Tales) Here is the instructions page where I bought them from. (That is the only MOC I've seen of the PotC ship in question, by the way.) This ship will be bought after the current ones on order are finished. (The Minecraft ship, the tavern, and the palm tree parts should arrive here very soon.)

...and yes, the whole story and background info just came out of imagination as written. No wiki sources were consulted, just what I could remember from watching the TV show when I was younger. :pir-classic:

Any thoughts, comments, and questions? (This ship will go with my other ships in my pirate port, by the way. I'm trying to cover every corner I can think of)

Comparison with the MOC it is based on 

image.png

What are your thoughts on this build?