RocketBoy

[K4 - Entralla - FF] Life: Parade of Ghosts

*Your entry has earned 12 XP*

1280x1199.jpg

Nexus City,
Historical District

The people of Entralla, citizens of the Pentastar Alignment, have a colorful culture and a rich tapestry of myths. They believe in thousands of spirits, good and bad, that represent different parts of life, and that people go to be with those spirits when they pass away. The people's favorite time of year is the Lunar Night, the annual occasion when they celebrate the Parade of Ghosts. During the Parade of Ghosts, the people march through the streets carrying purple lanterns and wearing masks and singing songs of celebration to make the spirits feel welcome and invite them to mingle among the crowds. They all hope that when their ancestors arrive with the other spirits, they will pass by their family homes and leave behind a blessing. The adults hope for luck, health, and good fortune, the sorts of things kids don't care much about, so children are given toys and presents, which they're told are gifts from their ancestors.

1280x960.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Edited by goatman461

Really nice build! The layered terrain looks great, the vines growing up the building are cool and both buildings feel very realistic but the circular doorways still help to keep it within the star wars aesthetic. The only nitpick that I have is that the Faction isn't really obvious from the build itself - a Pentastar flag flying from one of the buildings or some characters with an obvious pentastar allegiance (e.g. off duty stormtroopers) would really have perfected the scene from my perspective.

Love those houses, apart from the great storyline, it is interesting to see civilian structures is such a way. The fact you have captured the homely feel and star-wars-iness is incredible and shows skill.

Edited by Stuartn

Really love this MOC. Great work.:thumbup:

Only one thing: The large window on the right could use a person in it. A festive Ugnaught:laugh:

Great lighting! The buildings are nice. Maybe a bit too castle themed but I appreciate your creative take.

Your style is really interesting! I'm not a fan of that much brick-stacking, but you manage to keep it interesting!

Somehow the size here seems to be a little smaller than minifig size - the building on the left looks more like a bird/dog house than a building for people... :laugh:

To end on a good note. The atmosphere is great!

Interesting build and colors pick up. I like the effect of the terrain going down. The architecture seems a bit off of SW, though.