You can find a sneak preview od the 3D printed sample on our IG:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLAKIt3B0PG/

• Performance is around 10% faster RPM and torque compared to the 5292 motor (cca 20% more power).
  • The polyfuse protection will be increased from 0,9 A to around 1,35 A - still testing the balance between performance and longetivity.
  • Improved attachment possiblities, everything fits as it should in the studless building system
  • The final version color will be between LGB and DBG.
  • It will come with a 30 cm long PF cable plug, so it's compatible with BuWizz 2.0 and PF.

Preorder here:

https://buwizz.com/shop/buwizz-motor/

More info when it becomes available.

I know that @Sariel has a movie on youtube where he tested the new buwizz motor. I do not like how it looks on the buwizz website but I know it will be different based on what I have seen already. Thanks Zerobricks!

44 minutes ago, Evan-Eleven the Engineer said:

I know that @Sariel has a movie on youtube where he tested the new buwizz motor. I do not like how it looks on the buwizz website but I know it will be different based on what I have seen already. Thanks Zerobricks!

Thanks for the praise, I personally put a lot of effort in this idea. Yes, we will update the photos on the website once we get the final production pieces and 3D models.

Edited by Zerobricks

Exciting news! Any chance of combined offers like 1x brick + 2x motor and/or 2x brick + 4x motor?

Just now, astyanax said:

Exciting news! Any chance of combined offers like 1x brick + 2x motor and/or 2x brick + 4x motor?

I can't answer this question, I'm not the maketing guy. But I'm sure something can be arranged with enough interest.

@Zerobricks, the Buwizz website says the 3.0 will be delivered february 2021, is this still the expected timeframe? If not, no problem, just can't wait to replace my slow PU technic hubs 🤩

I know I personally have a handful of these preordered already. I'm excited to get my hands on them, gonna have to make a custom power supply to deal with the current demands of the motors however.

9 hours ago, Odinkuijpers said:

@Zerobricks, the Buwizz website says the 3.0 will be delivered february 2021, is this still the expected timeframe? If not, no problem, just can't wait to replace my slow PU technic hubs 🤩

No, it's not, can you show me where exactly it states that?

28 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

Thank you, interestingly it works normally on my PC, seems to be a mobile bug. We will lok into it.

I just checked the same page on my pc and the delivery date is the same. Could you give us an indication of when it will be shipped?

Just now, Odinkuijpers said:

I just checked the same page on my pc and the delivery date is the same. Could you give us an indication of when it will be shipped?

April, the mould is currently being produced.

The BuWizz will be shipped in April? (Sorry, is just to confirm that we're not talking about the Motor.)

Just now, HectorMB said:

The BuWizz will be shipped in April? (Sorry, is just to confirm that we're not talking about the Motor.)

This is the BuWizz motor thread. The motor should be shipped in April, yes.

I'm sorry if I caused confusion, I was talking about the Buwizz 3.0 brick and it's expected delivery date being february. Guess I was in the wrong thread. So the info on the site is correct? The brick ships in February and the motors in April?

Edited by Odinkuijpers

1 minute ago, Odinkuijpers said:

I'm sorry if I caused confusion, I was talking about the Buwizz 3.0 brick and it's expected delivery date being february. Guess I was in the wrong thread. So the info on the site is correct? The brick ships in February and the motors in April?

That's the plan.

I am a little worried, so I would like to ask about one thing. I ordered 2xBuwizz RC motor and I have Buwizz 2.0. I am wondering if I will be able to use two Buwizz RC motors (each connected to separate port of course) also in Ludicrous Mode or only in Fast mode? Have you guys already tested your motors with Buwizz 2.0 in such configuration?

Edited by keymaker

3 hours ago, keymaker said:

I am a little worried, so I would like to ask about one thing. I ordered 2xBuwizz RC motor and I have Buwizz 2.0. I am wondering if I will be able to use two Buwizz RC motors (each connected to separate port of course) also in Ludicrous Mode or only in Fast mode? Have you guys already tested your motors with Buwizz 2.0 in such configuration?

I don't speak for @Zerobricks or the Buwizz team, but if the BW motor is more powerful than the Lego RC/buggy motor, and a single BW 2.0 couldn't run 2 of those in Ludicrous speed, it seems unlikely it would run 2 BW motors at that speed. For that you would need the new BW 3.0.

As mentioned before a BuWizz 2.0 can fully one of the motor's power. You can of course use two, but you may run into power cut outs at high accelerations.

2 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

As mentioned before a BuWizz 2.0 can fully one of the motor's power. You can of course use two, but you may run into power cut outs at high accelerations.

Hmm I can live with that, but as mentioned, is it true, that Buwizz 3.0 can handle 2 Buwizz RC motors at the same time at full power?

Edited by keymaker

Just now, keymaker said:

Hmm I can live with that, but as mentioned, is it true, that Buwizz 3.0 can handle 2 Buwizz RC motors at the same time at full power?

Yes, of course!

Damn! This is cool. Pre-ordered 2 now, and a BuWizz 3.0 Pro. About time i stepped into the proper motor arena :D

i have a question, what sort of overload protection will it have?

i ask because i have been testing Chinese pf motors in my GBCs and only the Motors from GOBRICKS/mouldking have some sort of yellow overload protection on them as i have opened them up myself. also what sort of current will this motor draw?

Good question

I've been experimenting a bit to find a good balance between performance and reliability and settled on a 1,1 A PTC fuse, which is higher compared to original 0,9 A Lego RC motor uses. Anything higher and you risk of burning out the motor when stalled.

The motor can draw over 4 A when stalled at 12V, but the maximum constant current provided by this fuse is around 1,5 A, so at 12 V, you're looking at some 18 W of power.

At what point will the motors actually be shipped? It seems like every month the web site says they’ll ship next month. This has been happening since January, it’s now June! If any one knows what’s going on please let me know! 

Thanks,

WPL