Sign in to follow this  
CapOnBOBS

[OL - Sistership] Executioner II

EDIT: Turns out the Ambition survived the storm afterall. So... now we have moved on to the non-mocced Executioner! (I believe this is an iteration of one of the original faction CL Vs). 

EDIT: Didn't realize when I made this that Le Fougueux had already been sistershipped. Instead of changing the narrative, I saw an opportunity to keep the story in tact and in so doing make my, to date, most accurate portrayal of military service yet. Enjoy. 

Officer: Good Morning, Ma'am.

Mom: Don't you good morning me, you son of a...

Son: Ok, I'm all set. 

148248351_253674199593925_8884484736229357236_n

Officer: Got enough stuff there Sailor? 

Son: I sure do!

Mom: Well, who knows how long you will keep my boy at sea

Son: Right!? I bet Le Fogut can stay at sea for months at a time. 

Officer: "Le Fouguex..."

Son: "Le FouGUEX!" Mom! 74 guns! A real ship of the line!

Mom: Yes, and where are you sending my boy to meet this ship?

Officer: I'm sorry Ma'am, those details are classified. It is for your son's safety, I can't say. 

148597388_444282373373989_2900802256693484134_n

Mom: My son's safety, all your protocols didn't protect his father

Son: Dad's fine mom, they said the whole garrison has been released, they are just sitting in camp, waiting to be picked up. Come here mom (awkward lego hug) Its fine, I'll be fine, Dad's fine, I have to do this. 

147317564_2875903709356290_5924527262280269769_n

Mom: Well, are you going to pick him up?

Officer: Again, Ma'am, that is classified, but I assure you, every effort is being made to bring your husband and the rest of the Fatu Hiva garrison home. Now, sailor, we should get going. 

Mom: Wasn't the Le Fougueux sunk? 

Officer: Well yes Ma'am, it was. Your son is joining the crew of a newly built ship. We named her the Le Fougueux in honor of the old girl. It is pretty common practice, she has a great legacy. 

Mom: Don't sink this one too. Or do, I don't really care anymore, just so long as you do it now, before you put my son on it in the middle of the Brick Seas. 

Officer: Sailor, load you gear. We'll take good care of him Ma'am.

Mom: Just like you took care of his father!?

Son: Mom! Dad's fine, I'm fine, I'll be fine, maybe I'll be part of the fleet to pick him up.

146862468_1210117216112055_3574690514725155799_n

Son: Le Fougueux is a 74-gun ship of the line... brand new... with a great legacy. We are going to make those red bastards pay. 

a0r9u8

(@Bodi's incredible ship)

Officer: Alright, lets get going

Son: I love you, goodbye mom

Mom: I love you too, be safe, be strong, take care of yourself, be... safe...

147480751_427944718259071_1506916292008970103_n

Officer: He's right you know...

Mom: What...? 

Officer: We are going to make those red bastards pay. 

----------Many Days Later-------------

Chief: Welcome to the Aspiration

Young Sailor (formerly known as 'son'): What!? I'm supposed to be assigned to Le Fougueux. What even is this thing? A galley?

28863865813_53b4680882_o

(@Phred's super unique build)

Chief: We prefer catamaran

Young Sailor: There has been a mistake, I'm supposed to be on a ship of the line!

Chief: Oh yeah, says who?

Young Sailor: My recruiting Sergeant showed me pictures of Le Fougueux and said I'd be serving on her!

Chief: Le Fougueux sank, new meat, I doubt you want to serve on her

Young Sailor: No, but...

Chief: Look kid, I'm busy, if there has been a mistake, see that old timer with the epaulettes, he's the quartermaster, he is in charge of the crew. Go tell him you don't want to serve on the Aspiration, you want to go serve on a ship of the line. He will square you away. 

Young Sailor: Ok, well, thanks. 

Sailor: Hey new meat.

Young Sailor: me? yeah? 

Sailor: Don't... do not... go tell the Quartermaster you don't want to serve on his ship. Shut up, go stow your gear, and shut up again. 

Young Sailor: but...

Sailor: Welcome to the navy, new meat.

---------------The Next Day-------------

Chief: New meat!

Young Sailor: Yes Chief!

Chief: Get your gear, you've been transferred to HRS Executioner

Young Sailor: The what now? 

Chief: What?! 

Young Sailor: But, I literally just finished unpacking my gear!

Chief: By the gods New Meat, I promise I do not care! I heard you grumbling though, you'll be happy to know the HRS Executioner is a light frigate, cause apparently our little pleasure barge is not up to your high standards. Well, at least it was before it was sunk off King's Port. 

Young Sailor: What?!

Chief: What!

Young Sailor: Moving Chief.... *moves, packs gear, transfers to HRS Executioner II, a light frigate and one of the core ships of the faction navy... or at least the original was... before it sunk...*

Edited by CapOnBOBS

:pir-oh::pir-oh:

Another chance to comment on the excellence of the vessel. A very fine ship indeed! I'd hate to meet her broadside in battle, good job Lord Spud is more of an army man!

The harbour master scratching his head at the sight of the ship named Le Fougueux, and said to himself: Le Fougueux sistershipped as Le Fougueux, what's the difference between the old and the new?

Fun build, @CapOnBOBS - Really nice fig posing in the one where he is grabbing her arm.

"It's not the Le Fougueux, it's the Le Fougueux" lol

Funny little story, and excellent way to handle sistershipping. And another shout-out to @Bodi for that absolutely excellent SOTL!

Remind me, what happened to the original Le Fougueux? How can such a wonderful ship be sunk? How can such a wonderful ship even be rebuilt?

On 2/11/2021 at 5:20 PM, Bregir said:

Funny little story, and excellent way to handle sistershipping. And another shout-out to @Bodi for that absolutely excellent SOTL!

Thank you Bregir.

15 hours ago, TomSkippy said:

Remind me, what happened to the original Le Fougueux? How can such a wonderful ship be sunk? How can such a wonderful ship even be rebuilt?

She was sunk during OL's initial assault on KP back in september of last year. I sistershipped her as Inflexible.

10 minutes ago, Bodi said:

She was sunk during OL's initial assault on KP back in september of last year. I sistershipped her as Inflexible.

The architectsat the Beauchamp Shipyard, have been searching the archives for paintings or schematics of many of these older royal ships. It appears some may trace their names back to amongst the original faction fleet of 5 ships. If it is not acceptable to sistership two boats with... identical blueprints... then I am happy to modify this post, but can not find Devils Barnacle, Exicutioner, Ville de Granoleon, or Ambition in "the archives"

So she now has two active sisterships? In that case, it needs correcting.

A ship can only be sistershipped once it is lost, and not if the faction has an active sistership of the same moc already.

I am a bit confused, but I am sure we will get it cleared up in good order. :pirate:

28 minutes ago, CapOnBOBS said:

Ambition

The Ambition is the sistership of the Aspiration built by Phred. The Devil Barnacle is a npc pirate's ship (not sure), if the Ville de Granoleon is one of the five faction ships allocated to each faction, then it's normal that you can't find any link of them, since they have never been mocced. @Bregir can we sistership them in this case?

9 minutes ago, Bregir said:

So she now has two active sisterships? In that case, it needs correcting.

A ship can only be sistershipped once it is lost, and not if the faction has an active sistership of the same moc already.

I am a bit confused, but I am sure we will get it cleared up in good order. :pirate:

That was my thought too, we can't have two sistershipped ships at the same time. I think CapOnBobs is going to modify his post.

46 minutes ago, Bodi said:

I think CapOnBobs is going to modify his post.

Right. That is why I've been digging for the other ships. I WILL change this post to be a sistership of one of the other proud lost ladies of the OL fleet. Good news, I hadn't done the form yet. 

@CapOnBOBS: When you license the sistership, please give her a new name (HRS Aspiration II?), as reusing names may cause issues for our accounting! :D

*Pushing to the top to capture the latest change in our poor heros journey* Sorry for the confusion, still the same old post... turns out the Aspiration survived the storm (hooray!) and in classic military bureaucratic style, this poor Young Sailor hasn't slept in the same bunk twice.