evancelt

[MOC] The Siege of Skull Island by Imperial Guards

Sorry for the clickbait title :pir-laugh: Not a LEGO MOC in the normal sense, but a MOC nonetheless :pir-grin:

siege.jpg

Made from extras I had lying around in baggies

Edited by evancelt

Hey, it makes a cool design at least! Nice collection of parts. Now encircle the whole thing with chrome gold coins. :pir-grin:

33 minutes ago, Captain Dee said:

Hey, it makes a cool design at least! Nice collection of parts. Now encircle the whole thing with chrome gold coins. :pir-grin:

Haha thought about including my pirate coins, but I could only find 3 lying around and the symmetry didn't work out... I think I gave the rest to my kids for their treasure chests

Although the title is outrageously clickbait, this whole design+title is a completely out of the box thinking!

Big Kudos! :pir-huzzah2:

P.S: Add some Pirate bandanas, if you have spare.

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus

Just the patience in setting this up is commendable. And its a very cool unconventional pirate themed display. Two thumbs up and a drunk pirate :thumbup::thumbup::pir-huzzah2: Also a parrot. :parrot:

16 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

Although the title is outrageously clickbait, this whole design+title is a completely out of the box thinking!

Big Kudos! :pir-huzzah2:

P.S: Add some Pirate bandanas, if you have spare.

15 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Just the patience in setting this up is commendable. And its a very cool unconventional pirate themed display. Two thumbs up and a drunk pirate :thumbup::thumbup::pir-huzzah2: Also a parrot. :parrot:

Haha thanks guys. I made this while watching a TV show that my wife had put on that I was not digging. Had these extra pirate elements around in little baggies and thought it'd be an unconventional way to make a MOC.

Ran it through an Instagram filter after taking the picture which is what gives it its outrageous coloring.

It's only Click-Bait if it's not Lego.

It's Lego, and it still counts! I do like the Kaleidoscope style, almost psychedelic arrangement, and it all seems to tell a story while you're looking at it! The Pirates, in their stronghold, on the map at the center, are surrounded on all sides by the Imperials, and opt to make a final last-ditch valiant defense of their lair! 

2 minutes ago, jonniesamanen said:

@evancelt great build!

Has it been blogged at classic-pirates?

Thanks @jonniesamanen! Feels weird to call this one a build as none of the pieces are connected to one another :pir-grin:

I don't think it has been blogged on classic-pirates.com

I guess the small group of pirates in the middle got surrounded by an army of redcoats! Great but simple idea, yet kind of difficult to pull together because the slight vibration or bump, drives every piece apart!

On 4/6/2021 at 10:42 AM, VaneStream said:

Wow, love this! I'm into art big-time and this is a wonderful combination of art and lego!

Thanks! I was unsure if I should post it up after I took the picture - glad someone got a kick out of it :pir-huzzah2:

On 4/7/2021 at 7:41 AM, Elusys Ra Arwal said:

I guess the small group of pirates in the middle got surrounded by an army of redcoats! Great but simple idea, yet kind of difficult to pull together because the slight vibration or bump, drives every piece apart!

Do you think the pirates got away?

2 hours ago, evancelt said:

Do you think the pirates got away?

Considering the fact that there are plenty of redcoats soldiers and officials hats but none from the pirates, I think they got away safe and sound or with some scratches