Hello everyone, finally after almost 10 months I can present my new MOC. This time I decided to make a risky choice and wanted to recreate a "mighty and bad" vehicle that when I saw Episode IX immediately reminded me of a snowmobile. I spent a lot of time designing the two troopers. I wanted to recreate the right anatomy and I wanted to capture the right details.
Little is seen in the film but this too is a medium that deserved a UCS version. To give you an idea, the "Driver Trooper" helmet is made up of 137 bricks and the "Jet Trooper" helmet is made up of 141 bricks.
Here are some info on the MOC:

- 5956 bricks and 2 minifigs

- lenght 80,0 cm

- width 25,2 cm

- height 35,2 cm

Here is a small presentation teaser

I really hope you like it!

Edited by StarBricks

Very impressive, shapes and sizes are perfect :)

Now that you have presented it, i can’t wait for the bomber ;)

Mirko,

Another fantastic build, the amount of detail is brilliant especially for a vehicle that got so little screen time... Bellissimo!

i have to say nice build comparing it to the moviemodels... but ive to be honest i think its one of the ugliest models in the movies :D

but NICE build! gonna w8 for ur b Model

Edited by muhkuh

The stormtroopers look great, but to be honest this isn’t something I want to build.  I don’t even remember it from the movies.  Just like the K project, hard pass.  I hope you have some time now to finish the Bomber.

Edited by ic3cold

Mirko strikes again! The ST movies are mostly forgettable so I’m not surprised I don’t remember the vehicle, but the build looks fantastic. I love that you’re tackling things others haven’t.  Expectations for a StarBricks build are high and you certainly seem to have met them yet again!

look forward to seeing more and getting my hands on a book, though add me to the camp that has been (im)patiently waiting for the bomber to release first!

Cool! Definitely something we won't see at that size in any other form! Thanks for sharing.

Edited by karmajay

I thought that was an incredible MOC, and those figures were awesome and the tread design was perfectly done, then I saw it had a fully detailed engine and it got even better.

The helmet designs are incredible and so accurate to the source material, which is amazing at that scale. The weathering is brilliant and I like that you've even added the small control panel.

I am always interested in your work.

I would like to purchase the instructions, but I know I can't ship from Korea.

Do you have any plans to apply?

Edited by mir1588
Incorrect translation

Another impressive MOC Mirko, and true to form, usually something not done before. Best of all, another one teased for next year already!

Congrats again!

So good as always Mirko.

Definitely was not what I expected or could have guessed with 50 tries, but a really unique and as you said, bold model.

The stormtroopers really steal the show for me here, they're unbelievable. The vehicle looks great, but the vehicle in TROS just isn't memorable enough for me to want to hop on this quite as much as your most recent projects. That being said, once we see what the $800 set is this fall, I may or may not be crawling right back to this MOC...

4 hours ago, Cjd223 said:

So good as always Mirko.

Definitely was not what I expected or could have guessed with 50 tries, but a really unique and as you said, bold model.

The stormtroopers really steal the show for me here, they're unbelievable. The vehicle looks great, but the vehicle in TROS just isn't memorable enough for me to want to hop on this quite as much as your most recent projects. That being said, once we see what the $800 set is this fall, I may or may not be crawling right back to this MOC... 

Thanks Rocket Racer, however, I assure you that photos and videos do not do the MOC justice. However, I liked the Treadspeeder a lot and immediately reminded me of a snowmobile. In the film we see little is true but it is really "bad" and "mighty". I agree with you however that the two troopers are a very important part of the MOC. I would say I'm a MOC in the MOC..
Thanks again for the compliments

Have to admit, at first I was a little bit disappointed and had to jog my memory of this vehicle.  However, as I see more images, especially of the stormtroopers, I have changed my mind and am now looking forward to this.  As always thinking out of the box and coming up with models that no one else has done, which is a lot of the appeal of the Starbricks models.  Congrats again!  Looking forward to this being a Day 1 purchase but please can we get the Bomber!  

2 hours ago, Lahh001 said:

Have to admit, at first I was a little bit disappointed and had to jog my memory of this vehicle.  However, as I see more images, especially of the stormtroopers, I have changed my mind and am now looking forward to this.  As always thinking out of the box and coming up with models that no one else has done, which is a lot of the appeal of the Starbricks models.  Congrats again!  Looking forward to this being a Day 1 purchase but please can we get the Bomber!   

Thanks so much. It was a courageous but thoughtful choice. I love building subjects that no one has done and experimenting with new techniques and new designs. Thank you for understanding and appreciating the meaning of my choice.

I second what's been already said a few times - the choice of the vehicle raises an eyebrow at first, but the overall presence comes quickly to fully justify it. Very cool, very original, and impressively built!

4 hours ago, Kristof said:

I second what's been already said a few times - the choice of the vehicle raises an eyebrow at first, but the overall presence comes quickly to fully justify it. Very cool, very original, and impressively built! 

Thank you very much Kristof, I love to experiment and measure myself with new and original challenges. For me, the essence of playing with LEGO is to experiment.

3 hours ago, hallonsylt said:

You are a legend at this point, fantastic as always! 

I don't know what you mean exactly but I've always thought it's important to let the studs see. Overdoing the tiles and "erasing" every trace of the bricks can sometimes distort the essence of a Lego MOC. That's why I don't mind leaving a lot of studs in my MOCs in sight.

On 2/9/2021 at 2:31 PM, StarBricks said:

Thanks so much. It was a courageous but thoughtful choice. I love building subjects that no one has done and experimenting with new techniques and new designs. Thank you for understanding and appreciating the meaning of my choice.

I also have admit... as seen in my first post i didnt like the design at all and i was kinda disapointed but 1week later i love it:))

Wow I didn’t realise how rare the mini figs are if you don’t own the set (which I don’t).  Managed to pick them up at a relatively cheap price but not much of a selection of sellers.  The set is quite rare and expensive so if you’re after the mini figures I would leave it too late!!!