Sign in to follow this  
Dutch Thriceman

Character introduction, The Biker

50914719326_7439c38050_c.jpg

20XX: Children of the Apocalypse
The Biker

50914031433_e637da8c01_c.jpg

Oh man, it's been a while since I posted anything, I have a bunch of W.I.P. projects on their way as well as some projects that I've been itching to build but I don't have the parts for yet.

Do you have a case of déjà vu? There is this philosophy that if you keep making the same *insert something here* (vase, painting, etc.) over and over you will eventually reach perfection. The truth is I was not satisfied with my 20XX CotA universe teaser MOC. I originally intended to start the series off with an entirely different MOC* instead of retreading similar ground, but having just gotten back into Lego the things I had in my mind are currently not possible until my parts library has grown.

I am curious to hear what you think, did I improve? Critique and suggestions are always appreciated. More pics in my Flickr feed which you can find by clicking on the pic's here.

(* which would still have introduced the Biker.)

Edited by Dutch Thriceman

Really cool and intriguing, Dutch Thriceman. I think this version is an improvement, but there are aspects I like from both. The power pole design is an improvement IMO. It's less chunky and the hanging lightning arrester really catches my eye in a good way. The soccer ball and needle both add to the post apocalyptic vibe. I would like it if the pizza box were a bit weathered, but that's a minor point.

One point about photography: I can't see any of the characters' eyes in any of the pictures! The kid and the care bear guy from the last iteration were really fascinating. I feel that I would be more drawn in to the world and characters if I could see a face. But maybe that was intentional?

6 hours ago, Man with beard said:

Really cool and intriguing, Dutch Thriceman. I think this version is an improvement, but there are aspects I like from both. The power pole design is an improvement IMO. It's less chunky and the hanging lightning arrester really catches my eye in a good way. The soccer ball and needle both add to the post apocalyptic vibe. I would like it if the pizza box were a bit weathered, but that's a minor point.

One point about photography: I can't see any of the characters' eyes in any of the pictures! The kid and the care bear guy from the last iteration were really fascinating. I feel that I would be more drawn in to the world and characters if I could see a face. But maybe that was intentional?

Thank you, hmm yes the Bikers face is obscured on purpose, the 2 highwaymen just fell victim to the angle, I could've taken a picture from behind the Biker looking at the highwaymen and I didn't consider that so I definitely will try to keep that in mind for my next build.

9 hours ago, kieran said:

Very nice, photography is spot on as well

Thank you, I was a bit sad with the blurriness to be honest, I did discover a HDR setting on my phones camera which drastically improves my photo quality but only after I had broken down the photo-setup and the MOC. I will be using that from here on out though.