Sign in to follow this  
dutchmadebricks

[MOC] Morspoort (city gate)

Great build! Nice building techniques for the roof!

Fantastisch!  I recognized it immediately, when working from home I sometimes work from nu Parents home in Leiden, I past it on my daily walk, even more now that its part of the singelroute.  You did an excellent job!!

I had to do a double take. I recognized it immediately as I visited Leiden daily pre-covid. But I couldn't believe that you MOC'd the exact building I cycled through so often!

What a great MOC! I love the authentic shaping and colour layering with the white highlights. And the surroundings of the building are so lively and colourful!

Also, I love the amount of bicycles featured. Very authentic XD

That looks great, the overall detail is outstanding and I love the windmill. Is the drawbridge functional?

Welcome to EB! You've done a pretty good job recreating the scene. Well done on the dome especially!

Thanks! Here is a closer look inside the dome. I think creating a dome in lego is always tuff to make. The other picture is a closer look to the arched window.

1-extra-morspoort-dutchmadebricks.jpg

2-extra-morspoort-dutchmadebricks.jpg

Hi!

I love what you've build about Leiden. Saw your video as well... 

We (Vereniging Oud Leiden) want to build and display the old town of Leiden over the coming months... we'd love to ask you to participate in this event, called Stad in Steentjes; 

Can you please contact me, so I can share the details and invite you personally to be part of this great event? 

Jan-Jaap de Haan

06-20087613

jjdehaan74(a)gmail.com

Edited by StadinSteentjes