Jamsplat

UK Lego Order Stolen From Package

I ordered the Medieval Blacksmith set from Lego.com in the UK and when the parcel from DPD arrived only the GWP's and another small set that I had ordered were in it. 

The weight of the box was meant to be 3.2 kg according to DPD and it was only 1.2 kg when I weighed it myself, so I assume it's been stolen somewhere along the way. There were only a couple of plastic straps as packaging and no invoice in the box either.

It's really frustrating trying to get through to Lego right now as the online chat isn't working and I only have a mobile so I can't get through via phone.

Really disappointed right now. Has anything like this ever happened to anyone else?

DPD is horrible, last order was dropped at neighbors without any notice: they insisted it was delivered here. Fortunately I have honest neighbors so they brought it to us...

2 minutes ago, JopieK said:

DPD is horrible, last order was dropped at neighbors without any notice: they insisted it was delivered here. Fortunately I have honest neighbors so they brought it to us...

It's funny how a courier can have a different reputation in different places. In the UK, DPD is 100% the best courier. They give you a one hour window, offer live tracking (though that seems to be not be working recently) and rarely give you problems. Compared to someone like Hermes they're a ray of light here. Obviously not in this case, though... 

8 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

It's funny how a courier can have a different reputation in different places. In the UK, DPD is 100% the best courier. They give you a one hour window, offer live tracking (though that seems to be not be working recently) and rarely give you problems. Compared to someone like Hermes they're a ray of light here. Obviously not in this case, though... 

Jamsplat is also from the UK if we can believe his profile :P

Never happened to me, annoying it happened to you :(

Edited by Lira_Bricks

40 minutes ago, Lira_Bricks said:

Jamsplat is also from the UK if we can believe his profile :P

True, and that makes it doubly bad. Not that anybody should be stealing packages (I hope he gets things sorted nice and painlessly, and is compensated by the at-fault party) but generally here in the UK you breathe a sigh of relief when you find out DPD is the courier because you can trust them to be reliable. I suspect they'll be cooperative on this matter, even if for no other reason than to preserve their reputation here.

Yeah I'm in the UK. I've ordered plenty of items though Lego before that have been delivered by DPD with no issues. DPD said that they need to wait for Lego to launch an investigation with them so I'm hoping when Lego finally get back to me they'll sort it. 

I guess I just got unlucky... 

3 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

Hear, hear!

Glad I'm not the only who knows about Hermes! So many lost eBay transactions due to their negligence or criminality.

OP: I hope this is resolved for you real soon. It must be so disappointing to have this happen when you're looking forward to receiving something.

8 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

In the states, our USPS varies by location, sometimes by city or even route.  I've lived in areas where I'd lose 30-40% of packages, take 3 months to deliver first class postage and watch carriers smoke bongs in their vehicles, while I've been in others where even media mail is delivered in 2 days, perfect every time.  Totally weird.  FedEx and UPS are more consistent overall here and are generally pretty good.

8 hours ago, leafan said:

Hear, hear!

Glad I'm not the only who knows about Hermes! So many lost eBay transactions due to their negligence or criminality.

OP: I hope this is resolved for you real soon. It must be so disappointing to have this happen when you're looking forward to receiving something.

Thanks. Finally actually managed to get through to customer services and it sounds like they're going to sort it. Turns out the best way to contact them right now is via a DM on Twitter. 

12 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

True, and that makes it doubly bad. Not that anybody should be stealing packages (I hope he gets things sorted nice and painlessly, and is compensated by the at-fault party) but generally here in the UK you breathe a sigh of relief when you find out DPD is the courier because you can trust them to be reliable. I suspect they'll be cooperative on this matter, even if for no other reason than to preserve their reputation here.

LEGO really helped out with that particular order. They said that they switched to DPD because of previous experiences like mine with some other company (I guess DHL, there are great videos on Youtube on how DHL created a special warehouse just for LEGO). I have had less issues with DHL (only VAT issues with items from China where they overcharged), but indeed it might differ from area to area and in the end I think the people on the delivery trucks are the weakest link: they might be great and very consumer-oriented, or they might be lazy and try to get rid of ones parcel like 'paper boy' in the old game :)

tenor.gif

JopieK :grin:

I have to say OP, much concern and I hope this is resolved well for you. I have only ever had good experiences with deliveries from LEGO, not even a rumpled box. It is shocking to think that people are dipping into postal packages. 

It finally arrived today, delivered by DHL. Lego's customer service were really good about it (once I finally got through to them) and even threw in some extra VIP points!