Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Mystery on the Excelsior - Chapter Six

dqpe17Z.png

Mystery on the Excelsior

Chapter Six - The Final Chapter

After several days at high speed pushing safety limits, the Excelsior was finally nearing Alpha Centauri. The group had been nervously with each other attempting to enjoy the last moments of a vacation that had turned into a nightmare. Meanwhile, the ship that had been shadowing them had vanished as the Excelsior neared Alpha Centauri, clearly not receiving what they had intended.

Final Questions:

To win the game, you must answer the following questions, correctly or semi-correctly.

1) The motive - why was Alfie murdered?

2) The murderer - who murdered Alfie?

3) Did the murderer have any assistance, and if so, from who?

Please send these answers in your role PM. If you have any questions, feel free to ask there or here.

This will not be a normal chapter, however you can still ask questions of other players, converse with NPCs, and do general searching of the immediate lounge if you wish. 

Players:

Crew:
O4nNLgZ.jpg
Captain Amelia Bennett - Played by Shadows
a9LmkZe.jpg
Noah Baker, chef - Played by Kristel
uNyxz2i.jpg
Arthur Allan, steward - Played by Waterbrick Down
wVKWqjg.jpg
Gabriella Palmer, engineer - Played by Hinckley

Passengers:
mgQbu7n.jpg
George Dawson, businessman - Played by Lind Whisperer
khgWrze.jpg
Emily Dawson, lawyer - Played by jimmynick
m8LtAPw.jpg
Jack Mallory, author - Played by KotZ
azDfTzM.jpg
Dr. Logan Frost, psychiatrist - Played by Fugazi
cA5sTWe.jpg
Charlotte Sawyer, regional politician - Played by Pandora
7CiugGh.jpg
Sophie Young, lecturer - Played by Darkdragon
ADe4Wjs.jpg
Charlie Seymour, zoologist - Played by Tariq j
a5KgBCs.jpg
Oliver Hudson, artist - Played by Trekkie99

Space Police:
HqUZr8J.jpg
Grace Jones, Space Police - Played by Lord Duvors 

NPCs:
zNfe8Dd.jpg
Jason Falcon, helmsman
4HM4d8q.jpg
Pierce Foster, navigator
dWj3VGR.jpg
Alfie Peck, passenger (deceased)
XJ8hyoE.jpg
Ezra Parry, passenger (incapacitated)

Rules

1) Every player has received a character with a backstory and information that may be exclusive to them knowing. You can feel free to roleplay the character and flesh them out more. Mystery games are often primarily role-playing games, don’t forget that. There is no such thing as a “fluff post” or anything to the like. Throw out any conceptions you have used in mafia games. Feel free to make the character yours beyond what I've given.

2) There is no voting of players in this game. Providing something extreme, all twelve characters will last until the end of the game, at which time they must attempt to “solve” the mystery. You win if you are able to correctly solve the mystery, or if you get close enough to do so. This will happen in the final chapter of the game. You’ll receive several questions and then you have to answer them and explain. If you get it right, you win. If not, well…

3) A chapter will last as long as necessary for the story with no given or set end time. This is, of course, different to mafia games where days last about 72 hours. Keep in mind that mystery games often run longer than mafia games. If you commit to signing up and playing, make sure you can participate for at least a few months.

4) There is no PMing in the game without my permission. For example, you can say “I wish to speak to this person privately” and I may give you approval to do so.

5) You must search for clues. The room that you enter will be described to you and will also usually have a photo to accompany the description. This means that clues typically won’t be out in the open for you to see. If you want to search a room or area for clues, you cannot type:

“I want to look for suspicious or hidden objects in this room."

Rather, you must specify what you want to do. For example:    

“I want to open the drawers of the cabinet.”

You can only submit one action at a time until I reply to it, but anyone can request a search of something at the same time as you. For example, if you ask for a search of a closet, you must wait until I reply to it to submit another action. However other players can request searches of other parts of the room.

6) Please don’t edit your posts. There’s no real penalty to it, but it might make you look more suspicious and I would appreciate not doing so. If you’re worried about a typo, double check your post.

7) Do not talk about the game outside of the threads!

8) This is still a game of deception. Players have things that they wish to hide. If you have any questions about your character, feel free to ask via PM!

9) Make sure any actions that you take are in italics and on a separate line so I can see them. If I miss it for some reason, just quote it and yell at me in another post.

10) When it’s time to end the chapter, you can decide where you’d like to go next in the form of a vote. Voting will last 24 hours strictly. The location with the most votes will win. You’ll be given a map/layout of the ship as well as some choices that you can explore. You can always return to a previous location if you wish.

11) I know we'll all be good rule-followers, but I'll ask everyone to adhere to these rules. Breaking them too frequently could see you removed from the game

AEkTCC1.png

Room Key:
1a: Jack Mallory
1b: Sophie Young
1c: Charlie Seymour
1d: Oliver Hudson
1e: Alfie Peck
1f: Logan Frost
1g: Ezra Parry
1h: vacant

2a: Charlotte Sawyer
2b: George and Emily Dawson

Alrighty folks, do we have much else to go on or are we all taking shots in the dark? I still want to get crystal clear answers from Mr. Seymour and Mr. Frost as to what they heard or saw during the night of the murder. Considering the proximity of their cabins to the deceased, it stands to reason that they would have been the earliest to hear anything going on in Mr. Peck's room.

As a note, it is not a team win, but an individual win.

On 2/6/2021 at 11:59 PM, Waterbrick Down said:

do we have much else to go on or are we all taking shots in the dark?

Does it have to be in the dark?

*pulls out blaster and shoots Gabby right below that thing she calls hair* Always had the impression that was a one-eyed brain sucker dying of starvation.

Does that answer any of the questions? I don't trust the 'cop', but she doesn't have funny hair, so I can't find an excuse to shoot her.

9 hours ago, Shadows said:

*pulls out blaster and shoots Gabby right below that thing she calls hair* 

I'm sorry, what?  @Bob?  Can he do that or is this just a joke?

1 hour ago, Lord Duvors said:

I'm sorry, what?  @Bob?  Can he do that or is this just a joke?

Technically, the Captain does have a concealed pistol, however the weapon is set to stun. Since one player can't kill another player, after all.

4 hours ago, Bob said:

Technically, the Captain does have a concealed pistol, however the weapon is set to stun. Since one player can't kill another player, after all.

I'm not trying to kill Gabby, I'm trying to free her from her brainslug. Stun might still knock it off.

10 hours ago, Bob said:

Nevertheless, the captain is clearly delusional and shouldn't be allowed access to weapons.  Grace will attempt to disarm the captain.

1 hour ago, Lord Duvors said:

Nevertheless, the captain is clearly delusional and shouldn't be allowed access to weapons.  Grace will attempt to disarm the captain.

Grace uses her Space Police training and is able to successfully disarm the Captain.

"Great, now we have a mystery cop with a weapon and the captain unable to protect us, though she did seem quite crazed there for a moment too. I think everyone is showing real signs of cabin fever here."

On 2/11/2021 at 3:47 PM, Lord Duvors said:

Grace would like to go examine Mr. Peck's wounds to see which one killed him.

It would likely have been the stab wound with the teapot fragment.

On 2/12/2021 at 9:28 AM, Tariq j said:

"Are there any escape pods on board the Excelsior?"

zNfe8Dd.jpg

"Yes, however they can only be activated with two members of the command staff giving approval or the ship's computer recognizing a catastrophic disaster." 

1 hour ago, Bob said:

"Yes, however they can only be activated with two members of the command staff giving approval or the ship's computer recognizing a catastrophic disaster."

"And you can forget that happening after supporting a mutiny by a fake cop."

On 2/13/2021 at 7:57 PM, Bob said:

It would likely have been the stab wound with the teapot fragment.

“Then perhaps he was attacked by two people, one who knocked him out and another who came along later and killed him.

To wrap this up, I think we'll say there's a deadline of this Friday.

And that'll be the game! The conclusion of sorts will be up soon/Bob sucks.

Sign in to follow this