Norseman

One Ping Only - Status of Lego SciFi RP

Hey folks, I jumped in a few years ago just in time to make a single post in the first iteration of Andromeda's Gates, and have come back every few months or so to see if it has picked up again. It's been radio silence here for a few years, and I'm looking to see if there is any likelihood of a continuation of the story. If not, does anyone know of anywhere that is still doing Lego scifi RP? It's such a wholesome creative outlet. It's lonely out here in the black!

On 2/4/2021 at 4:17 PM, Norseman said:

Hey folks, I jumped in a few years ago just in time to make a single post in the first iteration of Andromeda's Gates, and have come back every few months or so to see if it has picked up again. It's been radio silence here for a few years, and I'm looking to see if there is any likelihood of a continuation of the story. If not, does anyone know of anywhere that is still doing Lego scifi RP? It's such a wholesome creative outlet. It's lonely out here in the black!

It'll be 4 years next month since the final moves were made (I just checked the timeline)... I feel old now knowing how long that has been, but I'm also hopeful for a return to the universe some day. I've got another year and half or so until I complete my degree and have time to theoretically get involved with a game like I did with AG1, but the wheels are still turning in my head for builds set within the Andromeda Galaxy. One of these days I'll work on the rainy Blade Runner esque prison moon idea I've had forever.  

2 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Yep, and we desperatly need a good sci-fi RPGame like AG. 

There is no other SciFi RP game with the "AG touch" available now and that's very sad :cry2: for the space op fans of EB

@Bob De Quatre : heeeeeeeelp !

Seconded!

I have 4 months left until I get my degree and finally have time for building again, and I would love to see the story-based building of AG alive again, because I would love to participate this time around.

On 1/6/2022 at 9:28 AM, Norseman said:

Funny that you should post - I had just checked this thread again yesterday morning!

Hey, 
You could always try the Star Wars Faction RP,

On 1/21/2022 at 10:15 AM, n1majneb said:

Hey, 
You could always try the Star Wars Faction RP,

I'm pretty sure this is exactly the sentiment that cost EB any scifi RBGs outside Disney products. You know there is more to this genre than just starwars right? I won't speak for others but I personally believe that writers should be paid for their work and that plagiarism is still a crime. So I boycotted Disney years ago and am sad to see TLG throw in with those thieves so heartily since then.

Edited by Jeff of Clubs

On 2/22/2022 at 12:12 AM, Jeff of Clubs said:

I'm pretty sure this is exactly the sentiment that cost EB any scifi RBGs outside Disney products. You know there is more to this genre than just starwars right? I won't speak for others but I personally believe that writers should be paid for their work and that plagiarism is still a crime. So I boycotted Disney years ago and am sad to see TLG throw in with those thieves so heartily since then.

No I completely get that and mourn the fact I missed Andormedas Gate RPG which was Star Wars free,
I'd love to see a less Star Wars game - And I don't have the Pirate or castle pieces for the other RPG games

2 hours ago, n1majneb said:

No I completely get that and mourn the fact I missed Andormedas Gate RPG which was Star Wars free,
I'd love to see a less Star Wars game - And I don't have the Pirate or castle pieces for the other RPG games

I get ya. The tone of my post was a little more aggressive than I would've liked. Sorry. It is just one of my few buttons. In my experience, it's the minifigs who define and/or limit the genre of a MOC. If you can find a good ebay vendor in your country, you can lay hands on them for a reasonable cost.

On a side note, I'm going to start posting AG2 prologues in a month or so as I become more affluent with my parts, these will have a lot of opportunity for collaboration between AG orphans and latecomers such as ourselves. I don't have the power to make a system for it but the builds and RP aspects do not require a system necessarily. Who knows, maybe the mods can be fired-up by some activity.

Edited by Jeff of Clubs

On 2/24/2022 at 3:58 PM, Jeff of Clubs said:

I get ya. The tone of my post was a little more aggressive than I would've liked. Sorry. It is just one of my few buttons. In my experience, it's the minifigs who define and/or limit the genre of a MOC. If you can find a good ebay vendor in your country, you can lay hands on them for a reasonable cost.

On a side note, I'm going to start posting AG2 prologues in a month or so as I become more affluent with my parts, these will have a lot of opportunity for collaboration between AG orphans and latecomers such as ourselves. I don't have the power to make a system for it but the builds and RP aspects do not require a system necessarily. Who knows, maybe the mods can be fired-up by some activity.

Ooh sounds great! Keep me posted

Come back to the sea where you truly belong @Jeff of Clubs...!!! :pir-laugh::iamded_lol::laugh_hard:

On a side note, a sci-fi RP system is always welcome as moc diversity is always refreshing so good luck guys!

Edited by blackdeathgr

9 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Come back to the sea where you truly belong @Jeff of Clubs...!!! :pir-laugh::iamded_lol::laugh_hard:

On a side note, a sci-fi RP system is always welcome as moc diversity is always refreshing so good luck guys!

I'll always be around the seas but I have an itch for death-rays, ductwork, and walking eyes.

...No thank you. There are some truley spectacular mocs in the scifi thread right now with next to no love. I assert that this is largely because SW is part of the scifi genre and subsequently belongs in the scifi catagory, as apposed to a category of its own. People who like SW like scifi in general, putting a fast track to SW and the only active scifi rbgs on EB, subjects the scifi category to neglect from the community at large. Look at those hovercars posted recently!!!!

Edited by Jeff of Clubs